Final.

Ruined Anniversary Date

You stared at your reflection in the mirror and smiled; waking up a few hours earlier had definitely paid off because you looked absolutely stunning  and ready for the special date your boyfriend had planned for your third year anniversary. Your outfit was cute yet casual but what made it perfect in your opinion was your favorite dress which just flattered your body perfectly. You spun around your bedroom and smiled to yourself, you knew today would be absolutely perfect because Kris had been planning this day for a long time now.

Once you heard a knock on the door, you quickly applied some lip gloss and ran downstairs to open the door. When you opened the door, you were immediately hugged by your boyfriend, you smiled before wrapping your arms around him and returning the hug. Once he let go, he leaned down and gave you a quick kiss on the lips, “You look beautiful.” You smiled, “And you look handsome.” He smiled back and extended his hand, “Let’s go?” You nodded and placed your hand on top of his, “Let’s go.”

***

It was lunch time so the first part of Kris’ date was to take you out to the park so that you two may enjoy a nice picnic together. On the walk there, Kris didn’t say much, he was too busy going through the plans for the day in his head. You knew he just wanted to make today perfect, so you didn’t say anything either and just enjoyed having him besides you.

The two of you arrived at the park after a few minutes and Kris quickly set up a picnic blanket on the grass. You both sat down and Kris quickly began to take all of the food out of the picnic basket, “Did you plan today by yourself?” you asked. He looked towards you and smiled before shaking his head, “I had a bit of help, I just want to make today perfect. It is our three year anniversary.” You smiled and leaned towards him to kiss his cheek, “It’s already perfect Kris.”

The date seemed to be going perfect, both of you were laughing and talking while feeding each other and enjoying each other’s company. Kris was starting to relax a bit when suddenly he accidently dropped his drink on your dress, your favorite dress. You immediately stood up and tried to clean the stain off with a napkin but you knew it wouldn’t work. “I’m so sorry _____!” he apologized while trying to help you clean the stain, you shook your head and smiled kindly, “It’s okay Kris, it’s not that big of a deal.” He sighed and sat back down, “But it’s your favorite dress.” You sat down beside him and smiled, trying hard to cheer up because you knew he felt horrible, “I can always buy a new one,” you placed your hand on his cheek and started to lean up to kiss him.

"WATCH OUT!" Before your lips could touch his, a huge dog ran in between the two of you, ruining all the food along the way. "I’m sorry," the owner of the dog apologized before continuing to chase after her dog, she stepped on more of the food only making the situation worst. Kris sighed, "This was a horrible place to come to." You began to pick up the food and smiled, "At least you’ll know it’s a date I’ll never forget." He smiled when he saw you smiling, "That’s true," he replied before standing up and pulling you up with him. "Maybe this will make it better," he caressed your cheek and began to lean in again, you smiled before beginning to lean in also, your lips were about to touch his when suddenly the sprinklers came on.

Kris groaned due to frustration and grabbed the picnic basket before grabbing your hand and quickly running away from the sprinklers. You just followed him until you two reached the sidewalk were it was nice a dry. He angrily threw picnic basket down and turned away from you, “This was the worst anniversary date ever,” he murmured. You smiled to yourself before walking up behind him and wrapping your arms around his waist, “Stop worrying Kris, I don’t care if the date is perfect or not, I’m just happy that we’re together.” He turned to look at you and sighed, “It was suppose to be perfect.” “Kris, I love you and just having you beside me today already made this anniversary perfect.” He smiled, “You’re perfect _____, I love you” he whispered before leaning down and giving you a soft kiss which you gladly returned.