Chapter 7

Runaway

Chapter 7

 

Awkward.

That was the kindest way to explain dinner that evening. Everyone seemed to be looking from Masami & Nino to Noriko every second, whilst Noriko was doing her best to ignore the stares and to try and start a conversation up with Masami.

Noriko didn’t know what the relationship between Nino and Masami was but they were obviously close. So she thought it would only be polite to be friendly towards the woman. However Masami seemed to only want to talk to Nino, and promptly went about ignoring everyone at the table. Noriko just sighed and decided to just stop trying, if the woman didn’t want to talk to her then she didn’t want to talk.

Usagi however thought much differently. She was officially pissed off with the woman. Who the hell did she think she was?! Noriko was at least trying to make conversation with her, she could at least listen! If it wasn’t for Ohno staring at her in a ‘stay put’ kind of way, she would have gone and beaten the woman silly.

Ohno was sat next to Usagi, staring at the Graviure idol to stop her from doing something stupid. He had previously asked Noriko a few questions on what Usagi was like, and after a little bit of teasing she had finally answered ‘she’s a sweet girl but she has a temper. And when she’s seriously annoyed by something she tends to do drastic things.’ So as he knew she was highly annoyed with Masami he decided to keep an eye on her. Not that he himself wasn’t annoyed at Nino’s girlfriends behaviour, but he could hold his temper.

Aiba tried to keep the conversation going around the table along with Jun & Sho. The tension in the air was not one he liked. Hanako however was slightly confused, she didn’t understand why there was THIS much tension in the room, she knew Noriko liked Nino, however, the tension wasn’t even coming from her, it was coming from everyone else. She turned towards Aiba and whispered to him “Ne....Aiba-san, why is everything so awkward and tense at the table... I don’t quite understand...”

Aiba gave the girl a sympathic look and asked for her phone number “its not really something that i can explain out loud on the table, so ill message you” though he had said that, it didn’t make the blush any less heavy across Hanako’s cheeks at the prospect of having Aiba’s number on her phone. After she gave him her number, he immediately set to work on messaging her the situation, blocking out complaints from Jun that he was being antisocial.

A few minutes later, as promised, Aiba sent her a message with the situation. As Hanako read through it, formed and ‘O’ shape and she turned towards Aiba with Widened eyes, who only nodded with a knowing look in his eyes. She felt a bit embarrassed at asking such a question now that she knew the situation, “Aiba took noticed of this and patted her shoulder and smiled “Ne don’t feel embarrassed Hitsugaya-chan, its better that you know instead of sitting there wondering why were being so weird.” He said making her giggle.

After a while Noriko had decided to stop talking what so ever. Whether it be to Masami or Anyone else. She was officially fed up. In all honestly she really didn’t feel like eating anymore, she just wanted to go home.  She turned to everyone with a sigh “ne... I think I’m going to go home.” That caught Nino’s attention, effectively making Masami frown as it wasn’t directed at her.

Jun understood why his sister wanted to go home but that did mean he wanted her to leave, “Noriko... dinner hasn’t even arrived on the table yet, can’t you just wait till we finish?.” Noriko still facing her brother glanced slightly at Masami and Nino, the first still clinging onto the latter’s arm and shook her head at her brother. “Gomen Aniki, demo... i just can’t, ill pay for what i ordered, but I need to leave.” She said putting the money for her meal on the table.

As she left the restaurant, she winced as she knew Jun would most like chew her ear off tomorrow with a lecture, but at this point, she really couldn’t care less.  She walked for a few minutes until she reached the station, Just as she was topping up her Suica card, her phone rang. She frowned when she saw Sho’s number ‘isn’t he still at the restaurant?’ “Moshi Moshi.” She said picking it up.  “Ah! Noriko-chan, Koko de anata wa?” Noriko’s eyebrows furrowed “I’m just outside the station topping up my Suica. Nande?”  She didn’t receive and answer just a dial tone and a tap on the shoulder which made her jump.

Turning around she saw Sho there smiling sheepishly at her “Gomen, i didn’t mean to scare you.” Noriko calmed her breathing down and put her phone away safely in her pocket. “Sho-kun, what are you doing here? What about dinner?” Sho rubbed the back of his head and shrugged “I can’t be the good guy all the time. And you seem like you need someone to talk to.” Noriko sighed, since when had Sho got so good at reading her? “Thanks Sho-kun.” Was all she could say. Sho asked if she wanted to come round to his house and he would cook some food, Noriko knew Coco-chan was being babysat by her next door neighbour so she accepted.

They both got on the train forgetting that it was rush hour and ended up getting crushed together, as Sho decided to hold onto her waist so she didn’t get lost in the rush of people. “ugh... how did I forget that it was rush hour?” Noriko mumbled into Sho’s chest making him chuckle. “Just hold onto me. I won’t let you fall.” He said back softly. Noriko blushed slightly at his words ‘Nande...Why does  it sound like he meant that in more ways than one?’ she thought to herself.

Whilst Noriko was busy with her thoughts, Sho was more or less mentally slapping himself for the comment ‘why did I say that... Kami-sama...seriously... she’s not going to come running into my arms now that Nino’s taken... No matter how much I wish she would.’ Sho sighed.  Looking down at the top of Noriko’s head with a sad smile ‘No Sho...No. you’re not going to dwell on those thoughts. She loves Nino. Not you. You said you were going to be there for her and listen to her and that’s what you’re going to do.’  He thought to himself, trying to push back his feelings.

Noriko was blissfully unaware of the older man’s troubled thoughts and held on tightly to Sho as he suggested, so that she didn’t fall, and Sho was glad that the train was moving about so much so that Noriko couldn’t feel the rapid beating of his heart.

Once they arrived at the stop, they got off and walked to Sho’s apartment. When they got there, they went inside and Sho started on some dinner to replace the meal which they missed. Sho didn’t have a bar area like Hers and Aiba’s Apartment so Sho got out a couple of trays and they sat down on the sofa and ate whilst watching the Music Channel on TV. They talked about work and such throughout dinner, and once dinner was finished Noriko washed up and then sat back down next to Sho on the sofa.

“Wanna talk about Nino now?” Sho suggested softly to the female sitting next to him. Noriko sighed gently but nodded. “Is he really dating Nagasawa-san?” She asked the rapper so softly he almost didn’t  hear. Sho nodded “Unfortunately yes.” he said with a sigh. “She’s not the most pleasant of people...” Noriko replied, Making Sho chuckle and nod again. Sighing again Noriko dropped her head onto Sho’s shoulder, eyes directed towards the TV, not noticing Sho’s slight flinch and blush.

“Sho-kun... What should I do?” Sho looked down at the girl in his arms and resisted the urge to just bend down and kiss her and tell her to be his. He shook his head a little to get rid of his thoughts and answered  “Just act like you normally would with him. If you started acting differently, it would probably screw up whatever you guys had left of your relationship.” Sho explained as gently as he could. Noriko just nodded and snuggled closer into his arm.

Sho Kept his eyes on the TV and tried to distract himself with some music videos, it probably didn’t help that the next music video to come on the TV was ‘Love So Sweet’. Noriko smiled when she heard the song it was one of her favourite Arashi songs and the PV always made her smile.

omoide zutto zutto wasurenai
sora futari ga hanarete itte mo
konna suki na hito ni deau kisetsu nidoto nai
hikatte motto saikou no Lady
Kitto sotto omoi todoku
shinjiru koto ga subete Love so sweet

Noriko sang along to the chorus with a smile on her face and then looked up at Sho with a grin “Neee~ Sho-Chan sing along! I’m sure you know the words~” she said with a giggle. Sho Smiled back ‘she is way to innocent for her own good sometimes’ he thought but gave in and sang along with the girl.

They watched TV for a while until Sho felt a thump on his shoulder, when he turned around he saw that Noriko had fallen asleep. Sighing he took out his phone and text Aiba to tell him that Noriko was staying round his for the evening. Then putting it back in his pocket, he carefully turned around and picked up the sleeping Noriko next to him and walked to his room.

After thinking it over, Sho decided, with some regret, not to Change Noriko’s clothes and just put her in his bed fully dressed. He place her on the bed and took out a futon from the cupboard and placed it down next to his bed. Once he set everything up he placed Noriko under the blanket of his bed he looked down at her sleeping face. He brought his hand and the side of her face gently, leaned down and softly kissed her. Lifting his head too look at her sleeping face again Sho smiled sadly “Aieru Noriko.” he whispered.

Sho shook his head and turned around and exited his room.

 

“Enough... Enough...”

 

End Chapter 7

Well I got it out before new years as I said :3 lol its another short one but i sooo wanted to add this twist in :D and I’m happy now that I did~ Honestly I only threw it in because I’ve recently had cravings for Sho-kun xD he’s just too cute!

Nino however is still my Ichiban...

I just have Sho Cravings :D

Haha.

Happy New Year Everyone :)