Jackpot; Final

Jackpot.
~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~|Final|O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~
 
Kibum sits patiently with his long pretty fingers tangled within each other, sat on top of his equally long white skinny jean clad legs. The tips of his feet soon becoming impatient as they began tapping, evoking soft thuds against the cream hospital carpet.
 
The strong facade that dawns his cat like features is perfected, so unbelievably well, acts a shield, which enables him to protect himself from the pitiful eyes silently asking- 'Are you okay?'
 
This is not that first time, that the young 26 year old is sat next to hospital bed, left waiting. The bed itself is lined in a teal coloured linen; soft enough for normal circumstances however still too rough for the blonde's pale sensitive skin. 
 
Kibum looks up trying to push the flood of tears which threatened to spill from his almond shaped eyes. 
 
'Its all okay, Jonghyun passed through this and is resting, what more could you ask for?' Kibum reminds himself and small smile breaks from his lips.
 
Turning towards the man beside him, before taking the other's left right hand into his own. He finds himself smiling at the sight of the simple gold coloured rings which adorns both of their ring finger. Kibum finds comfort in caressing the larger ring of the brunette's. It keeps him centred and sane, all through the times Kibum is left waiting beside uncomfortable hospital beds.
 
"I love you so much, I wouldn't even have a clue what I'd do, if I lose you," it comes out as soft murmur as Kibum presses his lips into the others warming hand. Yet only Kibum knows how it's a silent plea which screamed- 'Never ever leave me.' 
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
Kibum waits slowly growing impatient. The clock ticking mockingly slow for his liking. Only a mere hour has passed since the doctor had congratulated him about the success of the operation, however it still feels like decades has passed him as he waits for any sign of life from the brunette which laid unconscious beside him.  
 
The blonde begins to hate the all too familiar feeling that dwells in the pit of his stomach. Yet the young man stays positive not only for himself but for his husband (lover, best friend, soul mate and the list is endless.)
 
Then suddenly the tanned coloured hands incased inside his own twitches. A low toned groan comes out next followed by a shallow intake of breath. 
 
"Argh... my head... my head- it hurts." 
 
And Kibum stands up as quick as his legs will let him, calling the doctors and nurses. 
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
"Kibum-shi, can I please have a word with you for a moment," Kibum knows this man, he knows this man too well and in a way he silently loathes it. 
 
He can feel it in the very depth of his being; it doesn't take a genius to know that the man in front of him, with sunken pitiful eyes can only really bare bad news. 
 
Kibum follows quietly behind, head hung low, a hand wrapped around his lithe body with a heart beating far too quick for what's deemed normal. 
 
The younger is lead to an office; with walls too white for anyone's sanity, and furnitures far too bleak and bland to ooze even an ounce of comfort. 
 
"Have a seat and make yourself comfortable." The man with greying hairs and a tall stature says with small smile. 
 
The young boy smiles in respect and takes a seat in front of the plaque which reads- 'Dr M. Choi'.
 
"Jonghyun is recovering well; a bruise forming around the operated area is to be expected-"
 
"But," Kibum interrupts. He knows from experience how this conversation will unfold, from the moment Dr. Choi's sorrowful gaze landed on him as he makes his way back from gathering his belongings from the waiting area.
 
The interrupted man, swallows the lump caught between his throat, a long sigh escaping his lips.
 
"However, the worst which we also expected from the beginning of this operation have also surfaced. Jonghyun... he doesn't seem to remember you." 
 
In all honesty Kibum knew from the very moment that Jonghyun proposed this operation to him while being held so tightly within the elder man's arms, that the operation itself was a huge gamble.  
 
They were both made aware about the different complications of undergoing such a huge surgery. They expected everything; from minor headaches, up to major complications; like not being able to survive the operation itself, standing at only a mere 50% success rate. As a qualified nurse himself Kibum, knew far more than he would of essentially liked, making him more paranoid and petrified. 
 
Yet when Kibum was told that the operation was a success, not once did the thought of being forgotten by the man he swore to love till death do them part, ever cross the younger man's already frantic mind. 
 
It takes Kibum one and a half minutes to blink his shocked feline eyes, a further two minutes to open bow shaped lips and yet it only takes that final sentence, for tears to trickle down his face. 
 
"...Jjo-ng... he doesn't... doesn't remember me..."
 
It doesn't come out as an outraged question but instead as weak statement- of the truth. 
 
It breaks the elder doctor's heart. This poor boy in front of him has been through so much, as well as Jonghyun who he had known since the latter was a little sickly boy, who asked for dinosaur shaped lollipop after every check-ups and monthly appointments. 
 
"How... how sure are you that he doesn't remember me?" Kibum finally asks with a shakier voice, wiping the tears which stained his flushed cheeks. 
 
The elder man is taken a back, he can hear the glint of hope which laced themselves around the shaky words that left the younger man's mouth. 
 
Having been performing the same operation to millions of others it became a standard routine to ask the operated patients questions which allows doctors to find out if any signs of internal problems have risen as a side effect to the operation. 
 
"Jonghyun-shi, how are you feeling?"
 
"Apart from a drilling headache and a hungry stomach; I'm fine Dr. Choi," the younger brunette groans holding his bandaged forehead in support. The doctor inwardly smiles that maybe the major complications which he expected may not be as important. 
 
"The nurse will bring the medicines to help reduce the the headache as well as the swelling. I'm sure Kibum will also bring you food to eat but as of now I advice you take fluids to hydrate yourself." The elder man says with a smile closing the clip board he held in his hands, close. 
 
Jonghyun allows himself to crane his neck; respectfully bowing his thanks, "Dr. Choi, is Kibum the nurse that's bringing my medicine and food?" 
 
Before the doctor could answer a loud groan echoes around the walls. 
 
"I'll try to tell the nurse to get the medicine prepared as soon as possible." 
 
The sound of a once closed clip board can be heard opening along with the doctor's fading footsteps. 
 
The silence which currently surrounds the room begins to terrify Kibum yet the younger knew that there was no use in crying, in being weak. He had to remain strong willed for both himself and Jonghyun. 
 
"Kibum, before thinking the absolute worst, keep in mind that it just maybe be due to the high dose of anaesthetic he's under which gave me that impression. A further examination is scheduled in another three and a half hours. We'll see if any changes occurs within that time." The doctor says with his own silver lining of hope. He knew that maybe this could be the case. If Jonghyun could perfectly remember him then it  seems impossible for the elder brunette to forget the younger blonde. 
 
"Then if that's the case either way I'll just have to make him remember me. 6 years is a long time spent with each other, just to be left forgotten." Kibum says with a stronger, more confident tone of voice. 
 
The doctor is left both in utter awe and amazement, the love between the two males had always been evident in the doctor's eyes, always been apparent since the day Jonghyun had confidently brought Kibum along for the very first time for one of his daily appointments. Showing the younger the vulnerable side in him which he tried to hide with his overly cheerful and loving personality. 
 
"I wish you the very best of luck, Kibum-ah," the elder man replies as a long family friend instead of doctor, with hopeful eyes and a genuine smile. 
 
"Thank you." Is all that was needed to be said before the younger takes his leave after bowing towards the other who also bowed in return. 
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
 
Kibum heaves a huge intake of breath allowing his lungs to be filled with as much air as possible. Pale clammy hand tighlty gripping on to the knob of the white hospital door, before a white skinny jean clad thigh decides to finally push the rest of the door open. 
 
Kibum can't seem to make up his mind whether, he should be pleased or annoyed, with the sight which welcomed him.
 
The elder brunette was letting out a chains of quite snores along with minimal amount of deep strangled groans. Kibum inwardly finds himself chuckling at the sight. Yet the thought of the man before him having no ounce of memory or recollection of who Kibum is, nor the memories which held the highs and lows of the 6 years they have spent together, truly petrifies and scares him.
 
"Please... please remember me. Remember us." Kibum silently pleads as he lets his hands softly graze the elder's cheeks. 
 
And a glittering silver of hope flashes before his eyes. 
 
The sleeping Jonghyun had just subconsciously leaned in to Kibum's touch, murmuring a slurred- "Mmm... soft... so soft." Before further pressing his cheek to the softness of his husband's touch. 
 
Kibum caresses the warm cheek, before leaning down to press a feathery kiss on to the sleeping man's bandaged clad forehead. 
 
After being able to finally free himself from the elder's clutch, Kibum quietly positions the chair to face the elder's bed, before sitting down; letting his pale fingers find the longer ones of his sleeping husband. 
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
 
Kibum doesn't remember falling asleep but with the amount of restless nights, he and his body had to deal with the past 4 days it doesn't come out as a shock to find himself in that uncomfortable position; hands tightly locked in the the elders own, with his forehead resting on his left forearm. 
 
He was awaken by the sound of the door creaking open. 
 
Eyes widening, quickly composing himself and untangling his fingers away from the other, internally sighing at the loss of the comforting heat and tight hold before turning around to return the warm smile, the middle aged women had greeted him with. 
 
"How is he coping, Kibum-ah?" The middle age lady questions in concern, bringing a smile across the blonde's face. 
 
"He's coping just fine Imo, I haven't really spoken to him yet. Dr Choi spoke to me and before I could have the chance to talk to him, I found this dino already soundly asleep," Kibum chuckles and the elder lady smiles and laughs along. 
 
The elder woman; Kim Eunsang is the main nurse who's been allocated to take care of Jonghyun after surgeries but not only that, she is also Jonghyun's aunty who works alongside Dr Choi as Jonghyun's main doctor and nurse. 
 
"You know it's almost laughable to even say that he'd forget you," Eunsang states throwing a sincere smile towards the blonde other. 
 
Kibum smiles in respect inwardly praying that the elder lady's words hold truth in them. 
 
"I sure do hope so, Imo. I don't even know what I'll do if he doesn't remember me." A long sigh leaves the  younger's lips, head craning to take a side glance of the elders still sleeping face. 
 
"I know what I would do, hit him in a head until he does," the elder lady chuckles successfully brightening the younger's dampening mood. 
 
"Well here, when that big ogre decides to finally wakes up, this is the pills he needs to help cope with the future headaches, as well as to reduce the swelling around the operated area. Just give me a buzz when you need anything else but from the looks of it you'll be fine." Eunsang smiles allowing the two rows of white teeth to brighten up the younger boys day. Happily satisfied with the amount of care Jonghyun is receiving from Kibum's caring alone; bags filled with home cooked meals and sandwiches along with fresh clothes to  change into. 
 
After bowing the elder lady goodbye Kibum places the pills on top of the counter beside his chair. 
 
He pulls out his phone, quickly sending a message to Jonghyun's mother who had asked him to text as soon as the surgery was complete. He tells her that the surgery went smoothly with minimal complications. He purposely leaves out the fact that- 'hey, just to let you know, maybe after this my husband; your child might have no clue whatsoever as to who I am in his life.' Because no Kibum isn't bitter about the subject of being forgotten. After setting his phone aside he busies himself with reheating the home cooked meal he prepared for the elder. Taking the meal and quietly making his way out of the room to reheat in the hospital canteen. Having spent nearly all his life in and out of hospitals, Kibum would be livid if his husband takes absorber bite of this godforsaken sludge they call 'food' in the canteen. If he wanted his Jonghyun to get better, he had to be fed like a king. 
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
 
With hot steaming food; Jonghyun's favourite chicken soup dish to be precise, Kibum walks in to the room, surprised at what he sees. 
 
Jonghyun is awake, which startles him, the heat of his stare immediately taking an effect on the younger. What surprises the blonde even more is how long the elder brunette has been staring; 5 seconds... 10... 15... 20...25-
 
"How are you feeling? Do you want to eat?" Kibum inquires, face in a questioning frown; when can he ever, never worry about Jonghyun. 
 
Jonghyun opens his mouth but is interrupted with the deathly hiss followed by a chain of low growls and moans that comes out instead of a reply. 
 
The worried blonde, steadily takes the bowl of steaming soup before placing it beside the table along with the pills he placed there earlier. 
 
"Here drink this, it'll help hydrate you," Kibum informs with a sweet smile. He knew that it would be easier to ease Jonghyun into remembering him than just letting it fall flat on the elder's face.
 
Jonghyun keeps staring even with the drilling head ache that won't stop as much as he wishes they'd just go. He takes the drink bottle from the blonde males long pale pretty fingers. They touch and it scares him because this feels way to familiar. Yet looking at the blonde's face; the beautiful porcelain skin (which Jonghyun for certain thought were glowing, glowed more radiantly at the sight of him or maybe Jonghyun just likes to think so), the soft looking cheek bones and the lips 'oh god' the small plump rose coloured lips. With every feature his eyes remembers unraveling for the first time, even with the thumping head ache and pain. Jonghyun feels like he knows this man; especially the lips. But how? 
 
How can he feel all those things when it's clearly the first time his eyes have ever even laid on the lithe yet, soft curved figure of the man before him. He holds his head and groans again and again. 
 
His head right now is feeling exactly what it'd be liked if he was hit with 10 tonnes worth of bricks and survived it... because no, you'd surely be dead. 
 
"W-who are you, may I just ask?" Jonghyun asks in a low voice looking at the standing blonde. 
 
Kibum smiles and carries on with the poker face look which he'd hope void his features from any spec of sadness. 
 
"I'm Kim Kibum," Kibum bows his head in respect.
 
"Oh... ahh yes I remember..." Jonghyun starts of in a jumbled slur of words. Kibum's ears instanly perking up with hidden excitement. He knew it was impossible for his Jonghyun to forget him. Impos-
 
"...Kibum-shi, you're the nurse, if my memory serves me right," the brunette finishes of, simultaneously cutting of any ounce of sanity within the younger blonde. 
 
The younger couldn't help but darkly chuckle- 'Serves me right, my .'
 
"I'm... going to stand right beside you and take care of you, okay. Do you want to eat?" Kibum asks fighting back the urge to scream at the elder for being so stupid and . 'Why can't you remember me?'
 
"I...can't move right now so can I eat that later," Jonghyin says eyes the deliciously steaming pot of chicken soup beside his bed, "... can I have something small to eat like crackers, please." 
 
Kibum hates how polite this conversation is turning out to be, he isn't used this. Not at all.
 
 Kibum collects the pack of crackers from the table beside it successfully opening the packet, before handing a piece to the waiting hands of the other. 
 
The silence which quickly loomed over them irked the elder's skin. 
 
"Did Dr. Choi send you in here to look after me? You know you really don't have to be here if that's the case, I'm fine." Jonghyun cautiously asks straining his head a little so that he could freely bask in the over flowing radiance of the blonde male in front of him. 
 
The said blonde male shook his head, "No he didn't. I wanted to stay here... to look after you," the younger then finishes of with a smile which showed his pretty set of pearly white teeth and cute dimples. 
 
"Woahh... Woah- do that again," Jonghyun asks, blinking eagerly. Too eagerly.
 
Kibum is left slightly confused.
 
Yet it silently dawns on him how nostalgic those words appeared to be. Those exact words, the exact adorable excessive blinking of puppy like eyes. It was all too much for the younger's heart to take. A dimpled smile blooms from the the blondes lips. 
 
"Smile again... yeah- just like that," Jonghyun says pointing his cracker filled fingers up at the genuine dimpled smile which caressed the younger's lips. 
 
"Smiling suites you best you know- looking all pretty and cute...cute and pretty," Jonghyun begins to slur again and Kibum can't help but giggle.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
After having such a bad day it feels somewhat relaxing to be welcomed by a smiling face. The said smiling face being the face of the new employee of his regular coffee shop. But with that being said his professor seemed to have pissed him of enough as his face remains stoic and emotionless. 
 
19 year old Kibum busies himself with his phone, as he waits for his regular order of a large cappuccino heavy loaded with whipping cream and a blueberry muffin on the side, all to go. 
 
He doesn't really know why there been a huge rave about funny cat videos like what's there to laugh about? Yet it only takes Kibum a video of a cat being swung beside a book with Miley Cyrus's 'Wrecking Ball', blaring as a backing track. Now come on, who can't laugh to that. Kibum is left in soft giggles and smiles.
 
"Kibum-shi!" A voice exuding a unique charm about them calls out his name.
 
He approaches the said man with an open hand ready to take the contents of his paid meal, not until he catches a glimpse of a pink neon coloured post-it note attached to the middle of his coffee cup. 
 
'You should smile more, it makes you look cute and pretty ;)
 
-K.JH x'
 
Kibum finds himself sliding the pink paper into the pocket of his winter coat before tipping the rest of the cold coffee and half eaten cupcake away in the bin. 
 
The younger blonde isn't so surprise when a week later, there is a number written underneath the usual compliment by Jonghyun. 
 
However it was the elder brunette who was left surprised and utterly speechless when the younger blonde, he had accustomed himself, to call 'kitty', is standing in front of him sliding a folded tissue which clearly showed a a chain of numbers and a smiley face which did to many things to Jonghyun's internal organ than it probably should. 
 
And that night just as Kibum saved Jonghyun's number under 'Jjong~' a nickname he had learned to love using, as they exchange cliché post-it notes.
 
His phone rang...
 
'Jjong~'
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
"Ahh what am I saying... Ouch my head," Jonghyun groans, massaging his aching temples. 
 
"Is there any medicine I can take?" The elder asks, loving the way a blush had instantly bloomed on the apples of the blonde's cheeks. 
 
"Wait I completely forgot," Kibum says alarmed and slightly embarrassed, quickly scavenging for the pills Eunsang had given him, "here they are, let me just get you some water." 
 
Jonghyun gladly takes the two pills which were given to him; already popping them in to his mouth waiting for the younger to give him some water. 
 
"I'm really sorry, here," Kibum says with an apologetic smile offering the elder male the bottle of water. 
 
Jonghyun shakes his head, finding it impossibly difficult to even feel any trace of anger towards the blonde male. 
 
"It's okay, no harm done."
 
Kibum nods his head before settling back down in his seat. Another wave of silences takes over the both of them. 
 
Jonghyun really couldn't take his eyes from the male who introduced himself as Kibum. It was like he was drawn to the man by some kind of invisible string he can't seem to cut (not that he wants to anyway). It's not exactly a chore, when such a sight is left for him to devour. 
 
He stares and stares. Studying every crevices of the blonde male's face, from the furrowed eyebrows to the long dark eyelashes which barely ghosted over high porcelain cheeks and finally down to the plump lips which is currently being nipped by the blonde's top row of white teeth. Jonghyun couldn't believe how easy it was for the blonde to damage such delicate creations. 
 
"Stop. Don't do that you'll bruise them." 
 
The annoyed tone startles Kibum, before looking up to find an adorable pout claiming the elder' lips. 
 
"Stop it, I said!" 
 
"Stop what?!" Kibum questions.
 
Jonghyun points at the slight bruising which formed on the blonde's bottom lip. 
 
"How cruel." And Kibum's finds himself stifling a giggle. Even in this state can the forever impulsive Jonghyun make him smile and forget all sorts of worries. 
 
"It's my lips I can do whatever I want with them," the blonde argues back playful, shocking the elder; eyes becoming bigger. 
 
"But that's just mean." The brunnette huffs childishly. 
 
Jonghyun begins to let his eyes linger once again across the very ethereal beauty that is Kibum. 
 
"Hey, what are you really doing here, it's not like I don't want you to be here because man if I wasn't  as whipped as I am, I'd totally be using my charming moves on you right now... and it's kind of pissing me off because I sound like a top class douche and you don't even know me and..." 
 
"Oh... I do know you, I know you very well actually." Kibum retaliates putting the book he was reading away. 
 
"Wait you do... as in me," Jonghyun gasps out pointing himself in total surprise. 
 
"But how the hell can I... your like a total babe with beautiful eyes and pretty lips and nice long pale fingers which I really really like. You're like the literal manifestation of perfection... And bottom line is, me Kim Jonghyun is way out of your league," The elder finally finishes before flashing the 'now do you get it' face towards the blonde who hid behind his hands in embarrassment. Even in this state can the elder make him feel as if he's a weightless bird soaring on cloud mine. 
 
"And once again if I haven't humilated myself enough, this is me... all the way down here on earth," Jonghyun explains, levering his hands once inches above his stomach before looking at the amused Kibum, "And this is you, like way way way above me, which summarises how impossible the chances are of us being somewhat acquainted with one another. Heck the chances of us meeting is like zero percent as sad and unfortunate as that sounds."
 
"You talk to much you know, for a person who was just groaning just a few moment ago," Kibum retaliates, hiding the blood which pooled in the apple of his cheeks. 
 
It's just like Jonghyun to belittle himself like that when in reality it's the younger who should be thankful for even having the chance to claim the elder his, as his partner in crime; his partner in life. 
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
 
"Wait since you said yes and all, you do know this is like a hundred and ten percent commitment right? Like you can't back out and you can't run away and we definitely are going to get married at the end of this, you are aware of that yes?" 
 
"Yes, I am." Kibum says locking his fingers behind the brunette's neck. 
 
"You know you're making this really difficult for me," The other states quietly. 
 
"Why?"
 
"Because it makes me feel like this is all a dream and I'm gonna wake up and find out I'm actually a ually frustrated priest with an all too vivid imagination and that I don't have an amazing beautiful boyfriend who just ing said yes to my proposal."
 
"You sound like an idiot right now Jjong," Kibum murmurs into the elders neck, hugging the other just a little tighter, snuggling into the warmth just a little closer, "It's simple really, you obviously can't leave with out me so you proposed and I can't do the same which is why I said yes." 
 
"Yeah but it doesn't work like that, your like heaven and I'm like... I don't even know what I am." 
 
"Who's the one that proposed?" Kibum asks.
 
"Me,"
 
"Who screamed 'yes yes yes' and started jumping like some crazy nut job to the said proposal?"
 
The elder chuckles, "You did." 
 
"And it's as simple as that," Kibum argues placing his forehead against the elder male who already had his mouth open ready to counter back his argument, "And you're my fiancé and I'm yours." 
 
Jonghyun kind of forgets how to breathed because Kibum is all sorts of heavenly and he just said that so casually it's making Jonghyun's head swirl in all different directions and all his head and heart is screaming is how so so so in love he is with the blonde boy in his arms. 
 
"I love you." 
 
"I love you too, Jjong." 
 
Kibum forgets how it's cold outside and the annoyance he felt when out of the blue Jonghyun asked to go star gazing in the middle of November. He completely forgets everything because the love of his life just asked for his hand in marriage and he really can't stop admiring the simple gold ring with four small diamonds encrusted within it as he hugged the elder closer towards him.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
 
"Come here for a sec, let me hold your hand," Jonghyun asks trying to bring himself up,groaning in the process as he manuevers his heavy body upright. 
 
Kibum is left confused with the elder's request yet follows through anyway, handing his right hand out to Jonghyun who eyed his actions intently. 
 
"How are you even real?" Jonghyun is talking more to his sanity (more like the lack thereof) than Kibum, as the soft palms of the younger touched his own. 
 
Kibum holds back a smile, 'How can you be so sweet' he wonders back in return. 
 
Jonghyun caresses the pale hands in his own contrasting ones, admiring the perfectly trimmed manicured nails and the strawberry sent which lingered around every elongated digits. 
 
They look so long and pretty and- something catches Jonghyun's eyes. 
 
"You're married?!?" Jonghyun almost shouts in his surprise, softly letting go of the younger's hands. 
 
"Yes I am," Kibum proudly exclaims with a wide smile. 
 
"I can't believe it, I find the perfect man and he's married. Great just great," the dejected elder sighs in his misery, "she must be beautiful." He says eyeing the other's reaction. 
 
"I'm married to a man." The blonde counters back and he this time round he really couldn't stop himself from giggling. The childish way Jonghyun's eyes widen in utter surprise, mouth agape. 
 
"That just makes me feel worst, you're gay and married, I'm gay and single and I wanted you to be gay a single and the Lord hates me." That tops of the scale, Kibum silently wonders how he can laugh so hard, when Jonghyun is still in a mind set of not even knowing who he is. 
 
"I'm your husband," Kibum says with a straight face. 
 
"Wait... Wait woah- you mean we're married?" Kibum is kind of scared at how scarily big his husband eyes can go when surprised. All he can do is nod and smile. 
 
"So, I'm actually gay and married... married to you... Holy crap are you sure?" 
 
"Yeah I'm pretty sure, I've been sure the past six years."
 
"Six years, I've been married to you for six years, that's long," Jonghyun really can't believe what he's hearing and he leans back down to calm himself and god his head is hurting and he doesn't understand why he doesn't remember anything and it pisses him off. 
 
"Woah, I guess I've must of done some pretty saintly things in the past life to be loved this much... heck your my husband like... how crazy is that... hey," Jonghyun murmurs quietly into his forearms forgetting the fact that the younger is only mere inches away from him. 
 
"Have we kissed yet?" And for this the elder turned to see the younger male's reaction. 
 
No... Jonghyun isn't ready for this, this is just too cruel, he's barely coping with the searing pain drilling in his head and Kibum is there standing far too innocently before him; cheeks dusted with the most beautiful pink he's ever seen. This man is just so beautiful, so ethereal that up until now Jonghyun is still waiting for his friends to come out and shout- 'You've been pranked'. As much as he doesn't want that to happen because holy mother of Jesus is he the luckiest person alive. 
 
"Do we have children... well adopted children?"
 
"No... Not yet we don't, but we have a puppy called Ace." Kibum blushes.
 
"Are we really married? Like for real, cross my heart hope to die kind of legit." 
 
"Yeah we are." Kibum can't help but think just how easy it is for him to fall in love with Jonghyun all over again, surprisingly falling harder every time. 
 
Jonghyun would of questioned again if it wasn't for the soft knocking on the door which interrupted him. 
 
"Come in," Kibum says straining his neck and 'oh lord Jesus God. what in the world, this is all to good to be true and Kibum is heaven and I'm like, I don't even know what I am,' Jonghyun thinks to himself bitterly. 
 
"I see you're awake and talking," Eunsang says with a smile, a pen and clipboard at hand. 
 
Kibum bows and before he had the chance to talk- 
 
"Imo, you're never going to believe this, to be honest I don't blame you if you don't because this is just bonkers and I'm not so sure either... but I'm married!" Jonghyun rambles on before emphasising by showing his ring finger. 
 
"I'm married to him and he's all sorts of gorgeous and amazing and this is probably gonna take foreverto understand, although I must say, probably a little stupid, he married me forgodness sake." A hand is gestured towards Kibum the entire speech and the young blonde can't help but feel all sorts of special and he blushes different shades of red before settling down for the darkest one. 
 
Eunsang chuckles, "Don't worry I believe you, but I must say, Kibum-ah what were you thinking?" Kibum happily sniggers along. 
 
"Well I'll quickly take some blood samples as well as inject the pain killers, so I can leave you to wonder how in the world you managed to marry such a beauty." Eunsang sing-songs cheerily, walking beside Jonghyun taking out blood before going to the other side injecting the heavy duty pain killers into the younger brunette's cannula. 
 
After finishing she bids the couple goodbye, Kibum's walks along side her as he walks her out, "There's really nothing to worry about I really think that it's due to the anaesthetic why he's like this. Let it wear off and he'll be back healthier in no time. Before I forget, get him to eat something because the pain killers will make him drowsy and he needs a meal before going to sleep."
 
Kibum is thankful that his hunches were approved by somebody else, there was something in the way Jonghyun acted that told hims it was all right, that nothing has really changed, "Thank you, Imo and yes I'll get him something to eat." 
 
As the two neared the door Jonghyun piped up once again, "Imo, I really don't think you understand my dilemma here. I'm really happy right now, like more happy than winning a jackpot and I don't even know how that feels but I have a freaking good idea right about now and it feels amazing.Then bam, plot twist this is all nothing but a dream and god how about if I wake up and find myself as a ually frustrated gay priest. What's wrong with me why can't I remember him of all people." Jonghyun groans sinking deeper into the mattress below him. 
 
"It's actually really funny and cute how he's acting right now and it because I haven't recorded it," Kibum giggle before bidding his final goodbye. 
 
As he comes back he smiles at the closed eyed elder who constantly heaved loud sighs, like a child not getting what it wants. 
 
"Are you really sure we're married, like you do know that if you're lying the Gods are gonna hate you and you'll be alone for ever and ever... and that's just plain torture getting a guy's hope like this, you know?" The eyes remains closed, now with and a forearm covering it. 
 
Kibum chuckles before sauntering over, taking both the elders hand into his, making the brunette's instantly look up only to be left in amazement at just how beautiful the human being I from of him truly is. 
 
"I'm sure and I've got 6 years worth of evidence to prove it," and the sincerity in those eyes which stared right through his soul sends him familiar tingles all across his entire body, "... exhibit A... wedding rings," Kibum entangles his hands with the elder's allowing the brunette to have the satisfaction of having some kind of legality to his claims. 
 
"Man, since I got you a ring like that, I must of been really into you." All Kibum could do is giggle and nod. 
 
"Here busy yourself with this it has most, if not all our memories. I'll go reheat the soup again so you can eat before you sleep." Kibum grabs the digital camera from his bag before putting it on a setting which would allow Jonghyun to view all the different pictures they had taken together, along with home videos for anniversaries and special occasions. 
 
Taking the soup into both hands Kibum heads for the door- "Bye baby," Jonghyun says so naturally, making Kibum sigh in relief.
 
"Do we call each other baby?" That's all Kibum hears as the door closes behind him. 
 
"Yeah we do. We do a lot."
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
Kibum comes back with a pot of steaming soup and looking at it now it's making him hungry too, having decided to make more than necessary ha proven favourable in this situation. 
 
As he uses one hand to open the door all he could here is the echoing sound of his own voice. 
 
"- I just want to remind you how much I love you. I know you still feel that I'm way out of your league and all that nonsense, I don't even know where you get from. That's not the case Jjong, I'm the one that's lucky enough to have met you, to even have the title as your husband is still yet to stop making my heart pound crazily and I just want to say... you make me so happy baby... Happy 6th anniversary."
 
Kibum is hoping to all sort of heavenly being that Jonghyun forgets about ever seeing that video, he's not meant to see it, not yet anyways. 
 
"Holy crap... I don't even care anymore... I'm your husband and your mine, we'll leave it at that and I just... oh god..." Jonghyun stops mid sentence before dropping  the camera in his lap, looking up at the beautiful intruder before erupting into a full smile...
 
"Kim Kibum, I love you." 
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
 
As Kibum quietly sits beside the elders bed, he can't help but smile at the event that unfolded before him. Jonghyun still managed to make his heart skip a beat, his knees turn in to jelly and his sanity to jump straight out his metaphorical window, all while being under heavy influence of anaesthetic. 
 
He still remembers the groggy murmuring Jonghyung had said to him before he had fallen asleep.
 
"It just boggles me, how in the world could I forget you. Like how, that's just weird and I feel like a big fat idiot for being the one to forget... but your so perfect and wonderful that even if I do forget... I'll just learn to fall in love with you all over again and again if I have to. I'll make myself remember."
 
Even know Kibum can't help but hold his chest with his hands, fearing how in any moment he might just explode with the over whelming happiness he's experiencing. 
 
He releases his grip from his clothed chest before leaning foreword, taking Jonghyun's larger hand in to his own, letting the elder's hand caress his cheeks; loving the undeniable warmth and comfort only Jonghyun can really truly give him. 
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
Kibum wakes up to the feeling of light airy touches dancing all over the side of his face. Running down from his eyelashes to his eyes, caressing his cheeks before falling into the corner of his mouth. The younger lets his eyes flutter open when the said touch tangled itself within his blonde locks. 
 
"Morning sleepy head..." 
 
Kibum lets himself lean in to the touch, loving the way the giant fingers have woven themselves around his golden blonde hair. 
 
"I finished the surgery; I survived, are you proud of me?" The same deep voice asks making the younger's spine tingle with every spoken word.
 
"Don't make feel like that again, like I'm about to lose you." Kibum warns almost pleadingly, Jonghyun couldn't help but chuckle at the younger's adorable antics. Untangling his fingers away from the younger's hair before bringing them down to caress the blonde's pink parted lips. Jonghyun secretly loves the way the vulnerabilty in Kibum's eyes would shine just for him; that only he can make the younger feel so scared and truly afraid and he still can't figure out why that makes him fall in love with the younger again and again; just knows that it does, that no one else should have the power to make Kibum ever feel like that.
 
"Never, again."
 
 
~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~|Final|O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~
 
*Imo- means aunty from the maternal side of the family.*
 
Omg I actually finished it, we'll I hope you guys liked it and please just look over the bad grammar, I literally just read over this twice and ongoing I'm so tired.
 
I can't even believe 18 of you guys even subscribed with nothing but a crapy description... I feel loved right now.  But yes thank you so much xx
 
I guess you could treat this as a very very very late Christmas present :/ omg I sound like a major douche bag right now. With that being said I hope you lovely people all had a lovely Christmas holiday and a wonderful new year :)) 
 
Till next time (when I hopefully update my chaptered fic, don't worry I'm not gonna give up on it it's just my brain and so many other things is going on that I genuinely do not have the time, I'm really sorry :'(
 
lots of love...
 
-iloveyou-