True

Maybe

It was the same question, but always worded somewhat differently. If you were a girl which member would you date? Who do you think would be the best boyfriend? If you had to choose someone from your members to be your girlfriend, who would it be?

Daehyun was glad that this certain interview gave them a chance to know what questions they'd be asked and so allow them time to mull over their answers. Naturally, most interview questions were upfront and on the spot. Knowing the questions beforehand made Daehyun less nervous. Of course, he really hated being asked the "who would you want to date?" question. Not only was it getting repetitive, but in all honesty, he would not want to date any of them. He knew his fellow members much too well – the good and the bad. His eyes involuntarily slid to Himchan's face. Maybe… he thought, before slightly shaking his head.

Scanning the others' reactions to the question, he spotted the maknae line making uncomfortable faces. Daehyun assumed they would most likely choose each other. Looking over to Youngjae, he guessed his best friend would probably choose Junhong. Yongguk would probably choose any of the maknae line including Youngjae, but most likely Junhong, too. Himchan's choice was easy. He always chose the same person every time. He watched his hyung smile warmly at Jongup who grinned toothily.

Maybe not, Daehyun thought, looking away. 

 

 

As expected, Daehyun had correctly guessed all of their choices. Junhong and Jongup had chosen one another, whilst Yongguk and Youngjae both chose the maknae. Daehyun had cheated and said none of them which was suitably met with groans and mixed laughter.

It was only Himchan left. Daehyun inwardly smirked. His hyung's choice was the easiest and most expected.

"And Himchan-ssi?” The curious interviewer asked, unnecessarily leaning forward. “Who would yours be?"

"Daehyun-ah."

The said guy was taken aback. Well, that was new?

Daehyun wasn't the best actor in the world, but he was positive he had mastered his nonplussed face. The last thing he wanted was to show genuine emotions in front of the camera.

"Ooh! And why, Himchan-ssi?"

Daehyun switched his gaze to Himchan, already expecting the answer. Probably something trivial like eating his cooking and always complimenting him on his culinary skills. That seemed the most plausible. His hyung would never actually choose him. Daehyun was so confused at the situation.

Himchan was silent for a beat before he looked straight at the interviewer and said, "I think he would be satisfying in bed."

Daehyun's heart stopped. What?!?

An awkward silence permeated the air when Himchan threw his head back and laughed. "I mean," he continued, "he'd be very affectionate and protective. And I think he would cuddle me a lot in bed, so in that sense he'd be very sati-"

"Ya, Himchan-ah!" Yongguk politely interjected, nervously laughing.

"I'm kidding. I'm just teasing." Himchan smiled at the suddenly pale interviewer. He leaned towards Daehyun on his left who looked just as, if not more, pale and pat his thigh. "Isn't that right, Daehyunnie?"

The boy robotically nodded earning Himchan a satisfied smile.

Daehyun's mind, however, was drifting. He couldn't stop thinking about him and Himchan in bed together - cuddling. His hyung's arms wrapped around his waist, head nuzzled into his neck, breath washing over his skin. The fact that Himchan had left his hand on Daehyun's thigh only helped the illusion.

The rest of the interview went by in a blur. Daehyun was thankful he had said his part before everyone else, especially Himchan, because he definitely would not have been able to concentrate. 

 

 

As soon as they were out, Himchan excused himself to go to the toilet. On instinct, Daehyun felt the need to follow, silently ignoring the perplexed looks of the other members.

Scuffing his shoes on the floor, he awkwardly waited outside the building bathroom. What had that all been about? Daehyun could burn holes into the floor with how hard he was staring at it. The spot on his thigh where Himchan had left his hand was still warm.

The distant sound of a toilet flush was heard and a loud echo from a door being opened. Daehyun anxiously bit his lip, hearing the faint whooshing of the water from the tap. Any moment now, Himchan would be out. His heart started loudly thumping away. What was wrong with him? It was just Himchan! 

The door rapidly swung open nearly giving Daehyun a heart attack.

"H-Hyung.." he said with wide eyes.

"Hello, Daehyun-ah." Himchan said, his voice amused and not in the least surprised.

Daehyun could only blink as the man stepped out of the bathroom. 

"Did you want something?" Himchan’s voice teetered on teasing.

A sudden flare of irritation ignited within Daehyun. "Why did you say that back there, hyung?"

Himchan began to laugh. And not a small chuckle, but an obnoxious, guttural laugh. One that rung out through Daehyun's ears and to the grey hallway.

Daehyun scrunched up his face in annoyance. "It's not funny." he furiously muttered.

Himchan finally calmed from his hysteria, swiping an amused tear out of the corner of his eye. "Oh, but it is."

Daehyun ground his teeth together, resisting the urge to shove Himchan back in frustration. "It's not even true." Daehyun managed to calmly say. "You did it so I could embarrass myself in front of the camera."

Almost instantaneously Himchan's smile disappeared, slightly alarming Daehyun. Slightly.

"How would you know?"

Daehyun opened his mouth to retort when Himchan grabbed his chin and pulled his face towards his so that they were just an inch apart.

The sudden jolt of Daehyun's heart beat made it feel like he'd just been struck by lightning. His chest heaved seeing Himchan so up close he could count each hair of his hyung's lashes. Signs of a faint moustache growing from the pale, unblemished skin. And pink, such pink, naturally pouty lips. 

"Want to know something about me, Daehyunnie?" he whispered.

Daehyun could only gulp in reply. Himchan’s eyes looked so dark and big.

"If I truly had to pick someone to date from all the members.." Himchan lightly pinched Daehyun's round chin, "it would be you."

The Busan felt like hyperventilating.

"And do you want to know why?" Himchan questioned, his voice dropping even more lower.

Daehyun gave a nervous jerk of his head.

Himchan chuckled. "Because I know you would be satisfying in bed."

"S-stop lying. You'd choose Jonguppie or Junhonggie." Daehyun breathed.

"Ah... But how will you truly know?" Then Himchan winked, tapping the side of Daehyun's nose before he sauntered away whistling the tune of One Shot.

Daehyun watched him leave, his cheeks warming as a shy smile appeared on his lips. Maybe he will take it as the truth.

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N:  I've been playing with this idea for awhile now. In my mind, Himchan always secretly chooses Daehyun, okay? Haha. As always, please do leave me your thoughts~