Final.

Time's Winged Chariot
Daehyun pulled back the curtains, sighing softly as he stared out at the sunrise. It was another day – something he'd wished wouldn't come for him. He turned around and started towards the bathroom with heavy footsteps. All he wanted to do was go back to bed and sleep though he knew he couldn't do that. He needed to get to work. The man didn't know why he was going in today; after tonight, he wouldn't have to pay bills anymore. Daehyun stepped into the shower and under the hot water, closing his eyes for a moment.
 
Tonight was New Year's. He tried to think back on all the good things that had happened throughout the year but he really couldn't think of anything. His automobile repair shop had almost gone out of business, both of his parents had passed away and he was no longer on speaking terms with his brother anymore. Not a single good thing had come from this year and the thought of living through another one made Daehyun's heart ache. He didn't want to do that anymore. Things would only get worse with the new year.
 
But, he would work one more day. Maybe just because he didn't want to disappoint the costumers who had stuck by him and helped his business stay afloat. Daehyun would at least try and finish everyone's cars today and get the paychecks to his workers. But, tonight – he was going to end it all. He finished showering, getting out and languidly getting dressed.
 
He felt so empty.

 
Daehyun grabbed his keys and headed towards the parking garage and towards his car, the tiredness never leaving his body. He always thought he'd do more with his life. The man loved working on cars – he did. That was currently his only happiness, the only time he'd interact with people. It felt good to be able to speak with people, to be able to help people even with something simple. But, it seemed he wasn't even good at that considering he'd had to fight to keep the business afloat.
 
He wasn't good at anything.
 
It hurt. Daehyun couldn't handle this pain anymore, he just couldn't. The thought of ending things seemed too welcomed and he couldn't wait to just get home tonight. He would finally be able to get some peace. The man turned into the parking lot to his automobile repair shop, pulling into one of the parking spaces and getting out. His employees wouldn't be here for another thirty minutes.
 
They were two teens; Junhong and Jongup. Daehyun remembered being hesitate to hire the two best friends, considering they were both teenagers eager to get a job for the summer. He finally agreed after a small trial, pleased with how fast they learned and how eager they were. The man liked listening to Junhong and Jongup talking though he himself didn't usually have much to say. It was expected though, they were both teenagers and he was in his thirties.
 
He flipped the light switch, shivering at the cold and heading to turn on the heater. Daehyun glanced at the clock, sighing softly. 7AM. He would get off of work at five and maybe get something to eat. That sounded good. The man hadn't eaten much lately, his appetite just hadn't been there but he thought it'd be good to eat something he really enjoyed before ending thingstonight.
 
Daehyun looked over the schedule, breathing in deeply as he got things ready for the day.
 
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
 
Daehyun sat down on the floor in his bathroom, staring at the watch on his wrist. It was almost11:30pm – getting close to the New Year. He leaned back against the wall, sighing softly as he thought over what he was about to do. He just couldn't do it; he couldn't handle another year. The man didn't see his life getting better any time soon. Daehyun closed his eyes. Even though he was ready, it was still a little scary. He thought over everything, making sure he'd taken care of the things that needed to be done before he left the world.
 
There was a part of Daehyun that knew he was just stalling.
 
He let out another sigh before grabbing the bottle of pain killers beside himself and pouring it into his hand. Yes, it was a little frightening but it would be over soon. He could handle some pain for just a bit longer. Daehyun picked up his water bottle and lifted it to his lips, before tilting his head back. He hesitated for a moment and then dumped the pills into his mouth, forcing himself to swallow.
 
It was scary.
 
Daehyun pulled his knees to his chest and began waiting, breathing in deeply. His heart was racing and he felt like he was going to puke – but he couldn't. He wouldn't allow himself. He didn't want to live anymore. He didn't want to be alone anymore. The man wondered where his soul would go once it was all over. He'd never believed in Heaven or Hell, really. He just hoped he would disappear completely.
 
Daehyun wanted to vanish.
 
The man wondered if he should have made peace with his brother before doing this but he didn't even know if that was possible. The fight was over money and Daehyun really didn't feel like he was in the wrong. His brother was selfish and money had made him greedy. He didn't know what to say to his brother. It was better like this.

 
It wasn't long until he lost track of time, his eyelids becoming so heavy. It felt like all the burdens, all the anxieties were finally falling off of his shoulders. He let himself relax, feeling himself falling deeper and deeper until things went black.

 
- - - - - - - - - - - - -

 
Am I dead?
 
Daehyun slowly opened his eyes before quickly closing them again as the bright lights made his head throb. Memories from the night came flooding back and for a moment, he really did think he was dead. At least until he forced himself to open his eyes again and look around. He was still in his bathroom. The man pinched himself before blinking in surprise.
 
He was still alive.
 
Daehyun let out a soft groan as he got up, the empty pill bottle rolling across the floor. He couldn't believe it – he was still alive. The man felt dizzy as he walked towards the counter, planting his palms firmly against the cool granite while he stared into his reflection. I couldn't even kill myself. He thought before looking down at the watch on his wrist. It was seven in the morning. He pursed his lips, debating on what to do now.

 
Daehyun eventually decided he needed to go to work. His footsteps were so heavy and he didn't want to take a shower or go to work. All he wanted to do was go back to that blissful sleep. It was hard to move and even harder to breathe from the sadness he was feeling. He wanted all of this to end. The man didn't want to feel like this anymore but he had failed at ending his own life.

 
He failed at everything.

 
Daehyun went through his routine, getting ready and going to work. It was tiring. He thought he had never felt more tired than he felt today. The man wondered if there was any damage on the inside. Was he dying? Was he okay? Daehyun parked his car before getting out and looking around. “Hey, boss!” His ears perked up at the sound of Junhong's voice.
 
“Hello.” He quietly greeted. “How are you?”
 
“I'm alright.” Junhong replied, looking him over once they were inside. His eyebrows furrowed and he opened his mouth a couple of times before shutting it without saying anything.
 
“Is there something you need?” Daehyun asked as he walked behind the counter.
 
“You don't look so good.” Junhong finally spoke, concern laced in his voice. All the color was gone from Daehyun's gaunt looking face, his body looked so thin and frail that Junhong couldn't help but worry.
 
Daehyun gave a forced smile before shaking his head and waving the younger off. “I'm fine, I'm fine.” He picked up his schedule without really paying any attention to it. “Did you have a good New Year's?” The man casually asked.
 
Junhong looked at him as if he'd grown two heads but before he could say anything, Jongup pulled open the door and walked in. Daehyun furrowed his brows, wondering why the younger had looked at him so strangely. Did he not shave well enough that morning? Was his hair okay? He shook his head, as if to shake the thoughts away. He was probably just thinking too much anyway.
 
Daehyun flipped open the schedule book but he felt too dizzy to even read right now. The man sat the book down before going towards the break room to fix himself some much needed coffee. Everything felt so weird but he couldn't quite put his finger on what was different. It didn't matter anyway, it was probably just him.
 
Time felt like it was moving so slow again.
 
The man poured himself some coffee before going back behind the counter again. He started to look at the scheduler but the sound of the door opening cut him off. “Welcome.” He smiled warmly and then Daehyun's breath was taken away as one of the most beautiful people he'd ever seen walked towards him.
 
“I thought I'd stop by before work.” The man smiled at him and Daehyun felt a little confused and at a loss for words as the stranger walked behind the counter. “I missed you.” He murmured and placed a quick kiss against Daehyun's lips. Daehyun's eyes widened. What the hell? The stranger stared back into his surprised eyes before frowning. “Are you okay?” He asked.
 
“I. . .” Daehyun didn't know what to say. Why was this person acting like they knew each other? “What?” Was this some kind of prank?
 
“You don't look so good. . .” The stranger murmured, gently touching his face. “You feel warm.” The touch felt so foreign and yet so right – Daehyun couldn't even describe it. “Are the boys here yet? I think you should go home and rest, Daehyun. Hold up a moment.”
 
Daehyun stood completely shell shocked as the stranger walked away. Who was that? The boys? How did he know Junhong and Jongup? This person was talking like they knew each other and to kiss him like that. . . What was going on? The scheduler on the counter suddenly caught his attention and he quickly snatched it up. Daehyun stared down at the paper in confusion and disbelief.
 
November 14th, 2014
 
What? What? Daehyun flipped through the back, reading over everything that had supposedly happened in the last few months. He couldn't remember any of this; nothing. He had expected to see the other months blank but they weren't. Each and every month had been filled with tasks and jobs, each day scratched out but he couldn't remember any of it. “What's happening?” He breathed, his hands shaking. Had he been in a coma? Surely, that wasn't it, right?
 
That just didn't make any sense, not that anything was making sense right now.
 
He went towards the back where they worked on cars, watching as the stranger and Junhong spoke with each other. There was no awkwardness, no signs of this being Junhong's first time speaking with this man. “What's today?” He asked.
 
The two looked at him in surprise before glancing at each other. “Friday.” The stranger answered and walked towards him.
 
“No. . .” Daehyun trailed off. “The full date.”
 
“November 14th, 2014.” He replied, concern apparent on his face. “Daehyun, come on. Junhong and Jongup are going to take care of things today.” Daehyun looked down at his hand when the stranger interlaced their fingers and started pulling him, murmuring a soft 'goodbye' to Junhong.
 
He felt so confused as he let himself be pulled out of the building, watching as the man unlocked his own car before opening the door for him. Daehyun didn't know what to do or say so he simply followed the stranger's orders. What happened last night? He could remember himself on the floor, he remembered taking the pills, he remembered everything until he out. Nothing had been out of the ordinary this morning, he was still in the same exact place he had been on New Year's night.
 
Maybe this is all just a weird dream.
 
“Daehyun, are you okay?” The stranger moved so he was facing him. “Is everything alright?”
 
“I just. . .” He trailed off for a moment, staring back into the stranger's beautiful eyes. “I'm just a little tired right now.” The stranger nodded his head before murmuring he was going to take Daehyun home. Daehyun didn't even know who this person was – but they knew where he lived. They knew him. He opened his mouth to ask the stranger his name but quickly decided against it as he let his eyes wander around the clean car, looking for something, anything that would tell him this man's name but there was nothing.
 
“I tried calling you this morning and you didn't answer so I got worried.” The stranger glanced over at him before pulling out onto the road.
 
“I didn't hear it.” Daehyun replied, sliding his hand into his pocket to get out his cell phone. He hadn't checked it this morning; there normally wasn't any calls or messages for him. He slid his finger against the glass, clicking onto the missed calls. Two missed calls from Youngjae. “Youngjae?” He repeated out loud, unsure if this was the stranger's name or not.
 
“Hmm?” Youngjae glanced at him.
 
Youngjae, Youngjae, Youngjae. Daehyun kept mentally repeating the name, trying to remember anything about it but – nothing. There was nothing. No memories, absolutely nothing. But, how was he in his phone? How did Youngjae know him? How was it already November? It was like he'd go forward in time but that wasn't possible.
 
Right?
 
Right?
 
The rest of the drive was silent but Daehyun's mind was absolutely spinning as he tried to figure out what was going on, neither saying anything until they were in the parking lot of his apartment complex. “You coming?” Youngjae smiled teasingly at him when he didn't move.
 
Daehyun slowly nodded his head and the two got out of the car, Youngjae leading the way up the steps. The stranger knew this place, there was no doubt in any of his steps. He watched as the man unlocked his apartment. Had he given Youngjae that key? He couldn't remember. . . The two walked inside and almost immediately, the stranger had his arms around him. “I can't stay for long, I'll be late for work if I do.” Youngjae whispered. “But, are you okay?” He moved back.
 
“I think so.” Daehyun replied, smiling weakly at the man.
 
Youngjae stared at him before speaking. “You know you can call me anytime, right?”
 
Daehyun nodded his head, unsure of what else to say. He closed his eyes when the man placed a gentle kiss against his lips. He didn't know who this person was but this – whatever this was, felt so good. While it was so foreign, it felt so natural to be kissing this person. He cupped the stranger's face and deepened the kiss, wanting to feel more, to taste more. Daehyun had missed the feeling of someone's lips against his own; he'd missed everything about kissing someone. How long had it been since he'd been on a date? He couldn't even remember.
 
Not that he remembered much to begin with.
 
“Stop.” Youngjae laughed before pulling away. “Don't make me , I don't have time for that.” Daehyun's breath caught at that. Had he slept with this man before? He decided to give up on remembering. That just wasn't going to happen – this wasn't just memory loss. “See you tonight. Get some rest, Daehyun.” The man murmured, placing another quick kiss against his lips.
 
And just like that, Youngjae was gone.
 
Daehyun stood there for a moment, unable to move for what felt like an eternity and then he was heading towards his old computer, sitting down and logging onto to it to try and figure out what was going on. He felt so stupid as he searched if time travel was possible but he couldn't find anything that answered his questions. Most were a simple no. Of course, It wasn't possible.
 
And yet here he was. . .
 
Daehyun logged onto Facebook, wondering if anything was on there. He'd never used the website very much to begin with but he needed answers, any kind of answers. He went straight to his profile, his eyebrows furrowing when he saw the picture of himself and Youngjae. His arm was around the man's waist and their smiles looked so big it almost seemed painful. He went through the Facebook, feeling so confused and frustrated.
 
He clicked onto his about me, taking note that it said he and Youngjae's anniversary was February sixth. Youngjae really was his boyfriend. Daehyun clicked on the calender in the lower hand corner, staring at the date. Why was this happening to him? All he'd wanted to do was end his life not. . . time travel or whatever was going on.
 
And then Daehyun thought maybe this had happened for a reason. Maybe this was a second chance and that maybe – just maybe, he wasn't meant to die. He didn't know why he was still here or eleven months into the future but there had to be a reason. There just had to be.
 
Or maybe this really was a dream.
 
Daehyun stood up from the computer chair and went towards his bedroom. He breathed in deeply as he moved to lie down, chuckling softly. This was all just a dream. . . when he woke up, things would be back to normal.
 
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
 
Daehyun sighed softly, groaning when he felt someone gently shaking him awake. He didn't want to wake up, he just felt so exhausted. When he felt a warm pair of lips against his cheek, his eyes flew open and he looked up in surprise, staring back into a pair of beautiful eyes and then everything all his memories from earlier came flooding back.
 
This was Youngjae. Yoo Youngjae. His boyfriend.
 
It wasn't just a dream; this was really happening. He let himself look over the younger man's face, taking in everything about his appearance, wondering how he'd ever gotten someone so gorgeous. “Hey.” Youngjae whispered, leaning down and placing a kiss on the tip of his nose, Daehyun subconsciously scrunching up his face as he did. Youngjae let out of a soft laugh before crawling over him and getting off of the bed. “I cooked dinner, so get up and come get some.”
 
The man nodded his head, sitting up once Youngjae had left the room. A small smile formed on his lips as he listened to the sound of his lover's footsteps. He'd wanted to hear that for so long – to live with someone and not be alone. He pushed back the blankets, slowly walking towards the kitchen. How did I meet you? Daehyun wondered, watching Youngjae from behind as he finished preparing something.
 
Youngjae spun around, opening his mouth to say something before slowly closing it and staring back at him. “Why are you staring at me like that?” He asked after a moment, raising an eyebrow and then he was walking towards Daehyun.
 
“You're just so beautiful.” Daehyun murmured. He wasn't lying – this man was breathtaking. How could Youngjae possibly be his? How was this not just a dream? Nothing made sense but he was so tired of trying to figure it out. He had a beautiful man in front of him and Daehyun just wanted to enjoy this. He'd longed for someone for so long. All of his past relationships had either ended badly or the feelings simply weren't returned. It was painful; love was never easy for Daehyun. He breathed in deeply.
 
Did Youngjae love him?
 
Daehyun felt the younger man wrap his arms around him and it took him a couple of seconds to do the same. Youngjae felt good in his arms – just right. So natural, so comfortable. I didn't feel like hugging a stranger but he was. Daehyun didn't know anything about this man. Maybe he once did. He didn't know if he himself loved Youngjae.
 
He didn't know Youngjae's favorite color, his favorite food – nothing. He was a stranger. . . just a beautiful stranger. Daehyun let himself be pulled towards the table, sitting down as his boyfriend fixed them both plates. “Thank you.” He murmured when the younger sat it in front of him. Youngjae sat down across from him and then things were quiet for a while, both men getting lost in their own thoughts.
 
“When did you realize you had feelings for me?” Daehyun suddenly asked, being careful of his words. He didn't want the younger man to realize something was off, that he couldn't even remember their own memories.
 
Youngjae tilted his head. “I don't know. . . I guess when you fell flat on your on our first date.” He smiled playfully and Daehyun felt himself heat up, feeling embarrassed of himself. “You were so nervous, it was cute.”
 
“So, you like me because I'm a fool?”
 
“Yes.” Youngjae laughed. “Really though, I like you because you're you. You have a heart of gold, you make me laugh. . . but why are you asking?” He suddenly turned serious. “Are you okay?”

Daehyun smiled and nodded his head. “I am.”
 
The younger man looked at him in expectation. “What about me?” Youngjae asked before taking another bite of the food.
 
Daehyun swallowed thickly. He wished he knew, god, he really wanted to know why he was with this man. Youngjae was just so fascinating – he at least knew that much. He was beautiful. “You cook well.” He teased, unsure of what else to say. The man couldn't help but laugh when Youngjae pouted before flipping him off and muttering 'fat ' but there was no real venom or anger behind his actions.
 
Daehyun felt his stomach doing flips. He was falling for Youngjae quickly or maybe he already loved this man. He wasn't sure but for the first time in a long time, he felt so happy to be alive. To be talking with someone, to have someone care for him – he'd wanted this so badly. “Youngjae.” He breathed, taking note of how natural it was to say his name.
 
“You're staring at me like you did on our first date.” Youngjae said after a moment.

 
“I'm just wondering how I ever got so lucky.”
 
Youngjae stood up, motioning for the older man to do the same and Daehyun didn't hesitate to follow his order. “I want you.” The younger man breathed, staring back into his eyes. “So much.”
 
Daehyun cupped his face, kissing him gently, just wanting to enjoy the feel of Youngjae's lips against his own before deepening the kiss. This was so right, so perfect. “I want you too.” He whispered. He wasn't lying, he really did want Youngjae so badly. This man was so gorgeous, so perfect – he would be a fool not to want him.

 
Neither said anything else until they were in the bedroom. “You can top tonight.” The younger man murmured as they moved onto the bed. Daehyun moved down, kissing Youngjae's neck. This felt so right. “Daehyun.” The younger man moaned when he gently bit down on some of the sensitive skin. Youngjae's flawless smooth skin felt so good under his finger tips and he slid his hand under the younger man's shirt. Daehyun didn't enjoy with strangers; he'd tried that a couple of times out of desperation but this didn't feel anything like that despite not having any memories of Youngjae.
 
It felt so natural.
 
The two finished undressing each other, Daehyun taking his time to admire and worship the younger man's beautiful body. He was so perfect. He looked up at Youngjae in surprise when the man sat up and leaned over, pulling something out of the bedside table. “Here.” He murmured and handed him a bottle of lube. Daehyun couldn't help but smile. When had that gotten there? He wished he could remember.
 
Daehyun's pulse sped up as Youngjae moved to lie on his back again before spreading his gorgeous legs. As the man moved between his lover's legs, he couldn't help but think about how he'd always thought he would be alone and now. . . to have someone so beautiful, so kind. It was something he'd never expected. Daehyun forced himself to breathe as he kissed Youngjae's hips, listening closely to the younger man's soft sighs.
 
Maybe it had been stupid to think he'd never find anyone or that he would always be alone.
 
Daehyun slid a finger in, taking his time to just admire the man beneath him. “Daehyun.” Youngjae moaned softly when he slid in a finger and then another before slowly removing his fingers once the younger said he was ready.

Daehyun spread some lube over his before moving and positioning himself against Youngjae's hole. “Are you okay?” He asked one more time, wanting to make sure he wouldn't hurt his gorgeous lover.
 
“Yeah.” Youngjae replied breathlessly, staring back into his eyes. The man watched closely as his lips parted and eyes closed in pleasure as he pushed inside, taking his time. It felt so right, to be inside him, to have that connection with him. He leaned forward, capturing Youngjae's lips with his own before rolling his hips into Youngjae. The younger moaned into his mouth, wrapping his arms around Daehyun.
 
Daehyun felt so alive as he listened to Youngjae his name. “I love you.” Youngjae breathed, so quietly that he'd almost missed it.
 
I love you. Someone loved him. That was all Daehyun had ever wanted – to be loved. He stared down at Youngjae, admiring his beautiful eyes, his cute nose and his red parted lips. He could love him too. Daehyun knew he could. Maybe he already did. “You're gorgeous.” Daehyun whispered.
 
“Daehyun.” Youngjae held him tighter and Daehyun felt at home in his arms.
 
This was what he'd wanted all along.
 
Youngjae tasted like heaven and felt like home. He reached between their bodies, gently the younger man's in time with his slow s. Daehyun realized this wasn't , this was making love. Youngjae's body shook and then he was crying out, releasing between their bodies.
 
“So beautiful.” The older man murmured before moving his hips a little faster. He didn't want this to end, he wanted this to last forever but he could feel himself reaching his own and then suddenly he was releasing inside Youngjae's body.
 
The two stayed like that for a couple of minutes, kissing and enjoying their afterglow before Daehyun slowly pulled out and moved to lie beside his lover. Youngjae cuddled closer to him, sighing softly. “That was good.” He said quietly. “You were so. . . intense.” Daehyun chuckled and allowed himself to hold the younger.
 
“I've been thinking, Daehyun.” Daehyun felt a sudden dread overcome him, unsure of what the younger was about to say. “You know your offer?” The older stared at him; he had no idea what offer Youngjae was talking about. “I've been thinking about it a lot.”

Youngjae sat up and turned to face him. “I'm ready to move in with you.” And when Daehyun sat up, he continued. “I wasn't sure at first. . . you know, you're my first serious relationship. I never expected to love you so much but I do. I know things happen and people change, but Daehyun, I can see myself spending the rest of my life with you.” He smiled sheepishly. “I'm ready to move in with you.”
 
Daehyun felt his eyes watering and he quickly blinked back his tears. He wanted this, he wanted this so ing badly. The man didn't want to die anymore. He smiled and pulled the younger man into his arms.
 
 
The two moved to lie down again, quietly chatting about nothing in particular until Youngjae fell asleep in his arms. Daehyun stared at his sleeping face and he knew this was fate. He still didn't understand what was going on but it didn't even matter to him anymore. He was happy, so happy to be alive. That night – New Year's night had been a mistake. He didn't want to die anymore.
 
He wanted to live.
 
 
And with that thought, Daehyun allowed his eyes to close, exhaustion suddenly overcoming him. He felt so at peace as the sound of Youngjae's breathing lulled him to sleep.
 
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
 
Wake up. If you want to live, you need to wake up now.
 
Daehyun felt like he was in a fog and it felt like there was a hundred pound weight on his chest. He couldn't see anything – just blackness and it was terrifying. Wake up. You need to wake up. He didn't know whose voice that was. Maybe it was his own but he didn't know. The man desperately tried to open his eyes, failing a couple of times and then he was close to giving up and letting himself fall deep into the black.
 
Open your eyes.
 
Daehyun finally got his eyes to open and the whole world was spinning and everything was a blur. He wanted to reach up and rub his eyes but he couldn't; he couldn't get himself to move. It took him a few seconds to realize he wasn't in his bed anymore and Youngjae wasn't in his arms.
 
What time was it?
 
Where was he?
 
You need to call 911. Daehyun slowly looked down at his fingers twitching, the empty bottle of pills beside his hand. Was it New Year's night again? Was he dying? Daehyun didn't want to die – he'd changed his mind. “Help.” He weakly called out but there was no one to help. He tried to get up, only to fall back down before he could even stand up. I don't want to die. He thought and began slowly crawling towards his bedroom for his phone.
 
It was so difficult and he wanted to give up at times, feeling like he would never make it. Daehyun let out a sigh when he finally made it into his bedroom, trying to remember where he'd last left his cell phone. His bed. It was on the bed.
 
He reached up, feeling around until he finally found the cell phone near the edge of the bed. It took a couple of tries until finally, finally he managed to call 911.
 
911, what is your emergency?”
 
Daehyun opened his mouth to say something, anything but nothing would come out. He couldn't take it anymore, he was just too weak to stay awake for any longer. The man felt his eyes closing and it felt like the world stopped.
 
Hello? Hello?”
 
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
 
Daehyun frowned deeply, the thought of beeping irritating him as he tried to ignore it and fall back deeper into sleep. The sound kept going off every few seconds and finally the man opened his eyes before quickly shutting them in pain from the bright lights. Am I dead? He thought, listening to the beeping. He slowly opened his eyes and it took him a couple of seconds to realize where he was.
 
A hospital.
 
He was alive.
 
Daehyun lifted his hand up, staring at the IV before looking towards the door when he heard it opening. A nurse stood still for a moment before smiling brightly at him. “You're awake.” There was no doubt in his mind – none whatsoever, that this man was Yoo Youngjae. The man walked closer towards his bed, pulling a machine behind himself. “Do you remember what happened?” He carefully asked, continuing when Daehyun didn't reply. “You're at the hospital right now and I'm your nurse. I just need to check your vital signs and then I'll get the doctor, okay?”
 
Daehyun could feel his eyes welling up with tears. Was this how he met Youngjae? Was this real? He wasn't dreaming was he? “Youngjae.” He breathed when the man gently grabbed his hands to put the heart race monitor on his finger.
 
Youngjae looked at him in surprise and then Daehyun was pulling him down into a tight embrace. He felt the man tense up and try to pull away before relaxing and letting him hold him. This was real, wasn't it? Daehyun had never been a spiritual man but he believed he'd been given a glimpse of his future and most of all, a second chance.
 
Daehyun couldn't stop crying, he was alive and he was holding his soul mate. He finally let the younger go, staring back into Youngjae's eyes. He didn't really know what say but for now, it didn't seem like words were necessary.
 
Things would all fall into place with time.
 
All that mattered right now was he was alive and Daehyun was determined to live his life to the fullest from now on. Life wasn't perfect, nothing was but he knew he had a lot of happiness to look forward to with the very man who'd helped keep him alive in more ways than one.
 
Everything was going to be okay.
 
 
a/n:
hey guys, hope your new year is going well so far. this is dedicated to iwillkeepitlow. basically, all i wanna say, if you're feeling down, is that things do get better and you really never know who will come into your life and change everything. suicide is never the answer.