Bullied

Challenges

Tears were falling down from my cheeks when I realized that I was unable to help my best friend when she needed me the most. I could still remember her smile just moments before she died. I quickly ran to the classroom to find her diary.

Her diary entries follow by this. It was my first day in high school, when I fell down during my 2.4km run. All my classmates mockingly laugh at me instead of helping me. When I got up I looked at Jessica, my best friend,       but she could not even look at me as she sorry for not helping me.

As the days passed by, my legs were getting weaker and weaker. I could not walk normally like other and I tend to fall easily due to my lack of balance. My whole class calls me a ‘weirdo’ and even my close friends were forced to avoid me.

However I still never gave up and continue living my life. Even my teachers told me to just die than being a burden to them and to my parents. On that night I could not sleep properly because I kept on thinking about what other think of me. I called my doctor and beg her to tell me what exactly is wrong with me. She told me that I have spinocerebellar ataxia and that in the future I cannot walk, eat, or even speak.

The next day I was admitted in the hospital for further observation. As I was lying at hospital bed, my mother called me and said that my father died in a lorry accident. I was utterly shocked till I could not even speak to my mother. As my mother was carrying me on her, she blamed me for my father’s death as he was on his way to buy medicine for me when he got knocked by the lorry.

I could not believe that even my own mother regard me as a burden. That whole night, I think about all the tragic incidents that occurred to me and I decided to take a drastic measure as my only solution. I think that this was the only way to escape instead of being a burden to others.

I am now sitting on the rooftop of my school and this will be the last diary entry that I will be writing. I have decided to end my life as I have no one to support me. Even my best friend could not be there when I needed her the most. But I would like to say that I am not angry of her but would like to be her friend if there is a chance.

 I just could not take the fact that she avoided me as she was my only best friend I had. I am going to miss her a lot and I have to apologize to her for taking this decision.

As I finished reading her diary, I realized that she had endure myriads of pain and she was not able to take the fact that I had avoided her since I was her best friend since elementary school. I was so foolish to have avoided her as I was scared that the whole class may avoid me as well. I also realized that she was so kind to have forgiven me as I could not forgive myself for avoiding her.

I stared at the photo that I took with during our happier days and cried profusely. She was the only true friend I had and I betrayed her in the end.
I decided to write a novel based on her challenges as I want others to learn from her ironic story.