New Years

New Years - Min Ho

"Come on, it will be fun! You are already dressed." Your friends egged you on as you leaned against the wall in your black sparkly dress, with one shoulder exposed and your other arm was covered with a long sleeve. You huffed as you knew you had to go.

"Just come with us please~" They begged as they pulled your arms.

"Fine I will go, but after midnight. I’m coming home." You said as they pulled you out to the car. Finally, you went along with their plan as you pulled up to the hotel. The lights were bright and flashing inside as the three of you walked through the door. The music made your head bob up and down to the beat that shook the floor.

With your friends finding random guys and dancing with them, you walked around the room as you finally found a spot that you could look out to all of the fun. Sitting on the bar stool, you smoothed out your dress. Ordering a sparkling water, you sipped it slowly as you tried not to mess up your make up.

Twisting your hair around your finger, you looked at all of the happy faces in the crowd as they all swayed to the music. The DJ changed the song as it was one that you actually knew. Softly singing to the song, you swayed from side to side.

A pair of eyes caught your figure in the dull light as your dress gently hugged you. He watched you carefully as he leaned against the wall with one shoulder as he watched you move to the music, your lips gently singing the lyrics as your hands sat on your crossed legs.

The man watched you with kind eyes as you sipped your water and sat there all alone. A few songs later, he finally got up the courage to sit next to you. Ordering a sparkling water as well. He cleared his throat as you looked at him with suspicions. His eyes met with yours as you began to slip off the seat. His hand rested his hand on your bare shoulder.

"Please, don’t go. I just wanted to keep you company." He explained as you nodded, moving your stool a few inches further from him. He smirked as he bit his lip before sipping his drink.

"So what are you doing here?" You played with the ring around your thumb as you looked at the bottom hem of your dress.

"Ah I thought that it would be better if I came here than sitting at my place." His fingers ran up the glass tumbler as he glanced over at you. "My name is Lee Min Ho."

”____ ______.” You said bowing to him as you looked at his grey sweater with red and white stripes around the arms, his black pants hugged his legs tightly as he wore some old tennis shoes.

"So… what are you doing here?" He asked as he sipped his drink once more, as you caught his handsome side profile, that made your tongue get tied.

"Um… my friends forced me here, they dressed me up and brought me here. But I would rather be home." You said adverting your eyes from him.

"Well, you look very beautiful." He said softly as he flashed his devilishly handsome smile at you before looking off into the crowd.

"You look nice too." You remarked as blush filled your cheeks as a smile crept onto your lips.

A slow song began to play as the guys asked the girls to dance. A few seconds into the song Min Ho, turned to you and offered his hand to you.

"Will you dance with me?" He asked you with kind eyes as you nodded, resting your hand on his as you slipped off of your stool.

Finding a suitable place for your dance, he slid his hand on your hip as his hand held yours as your hand rested on his shoulder. Slowly, he moved with you to the song, twirling you around then returning back to his arms made a smile came onto your lips as he smiled back, thinking how beautiful you looked when you smiled. For that is when he saw the real you. Moving slowly to the song, he kept his eyes on yours as they glistened under the dim lights. The song came to an end too quickly as he dipped you slightly causing your laugh to come from your lips as he giggled with you.

"Thank you, for the pleasure of dancing with you." He said as he lifted you back upright.

"Thank you for asking me, also for making this night pleasurable." You blushed as the DJ boomed over the speakers that it was midnight in 30 seconds.

"30…29…28…27…" The crowd began to chant happily as you joined in with the crowd. Min Ho happily joined you as the atmosphere began to build excitement.

"5…4…3…2…1… Happy New Year!" The crowd screamed as confetti was thrown and horns were blown. Min Ho happily wrapped his arms around you suddenly. Wrapping your arms around him, he moved his lips closer to your ear.

"Happy New Year, _____." Min Ho whispered against your ear as he pressed his lips on your cheek.

"Happy New Year Min Ho." You whispered back as you tightened your grip on him as you both held each other happily.