Masquerade

Masquerade {Secret Santa Gift}
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"You're the only one I can trust now."

 

Those were the last words he had said to her before disappearing from her life, two years ago. To be honest, Sonic had cried when she found out he was gone. Not a single thing was left behind from him. Hell, she didn’t just cry. It was safe to say, she sobbed for days. It took a while, yes, to get over it, but she supposed she eventually did get over him. But that didn’t mean she could put up with seeing him again.

 

Shaking her head to rid herself of the thoughts, Sonic went back to doing her makeup for the dance. She had a date for the night—Jung Daehyun was coming to pick her up in less than an hour. Finishing her makeup, she put on her dress, zipping it up carefully up her back. It was a fairly simple dress, if she did say so herself, with it only being black and embroidered with black roses. Strapless, it was, and it came down about halfway down her knees. Picking up her black clutch from her dresser, she put her lipstick and powder in, just as Daehyun rang the doorbell to pick her up. Giving herself one last glance and twirl in the mirror, she made her way downstairs to open the door.

 

 

Throwing the door open, she saw Daehyun dressed in all black, with the mere exception of his white tie. Handing her the single red rose in his hand, he smiled at her before telling her in his soft, melodic voice, “You look gorgeous tonight.”

 

 

Sonic looked up at him through her lashes before taking the rose. “Thank you.” She blushed slightly before inviting him inside.

 

“Why… is it so dark inside?” Daehyun asked her hesitantly.

 

Sonic looked away slightly, hoping he hadn’t asked. This was why despite the months they have dated, she always insisted on meeting him out, or at his house, when they went out.

 

As if sensing her uncomfortableness, he added quickly, “I mean, you don’t have to tell me.”

 

She shook her head. “It’s okay. No one’s home.”

 

Daehyun blinked. “But it’s like, 8.”

 

“No one’s home.” She repeated.

 

“Oh.” Daehyun had nothing else to say. He stood by awkwardly as Sonic placed the single rose in a small cup.

 

Sonic looked up at him. “Let’s go.”

 

 

--

 

The car ride was silent, but it was a comfortable sort of silence, where they could hear the slight rumble of the engine below them, the soft whispers of BTS’s Coffee playing in the background. It was funny, because the two loved caramel macchiatos, but in the back of her mind, Sonic could think of one more person who liked caramel macchiatos.

 

She held her mask in her lap, playing with the feathers on the side. As they pulled up to their school, she slipped it onto her face as Daehyun did with his. Daehyun parked and came over to the passenger side to open her door and give her a hand out. Hooking her arm in his, the two made their way in the door.

 

Immediately upon entering, Daehyun’s name was immediately heard, (How they knew it was him was completely beyond Sonic’s imagination), and Zelo’s face popped up. Grabbing his arm, Zelo looked at Sonic. “Mianhe, noona! We have to borrow him for a second.”

 

The two both knew “a second” probably meant the entire night. Daehyun looked back at Sonic apologetically as he was dragged away by the taller maknae. Sonic, who was left alone, wandered along the snack and drink bar. Many people were dancing in the middle, the guys dragged onto the dance floor by their friends and dates.

 

Sonic supposed that she completely expected that she’d be left alone at the dance. Despite how she dated Daehyun, the school’s God, no one took much attention to her, except for the occasional bash from the head cheerleaders or something. But it wasn’t like she could just ditch—you had to be pretty well off to attend the school, and since she was on scholarship, she had no way of getting home. She lived a good 15 minutes by car, and God knows how long that would take her to walk. She had no choice but to stay and awkwardly sway along to the music.

 

Soon enough, the end of the dance neared, and naturally, Daehyun was crowned King, and Kim Dahee was Queen. Daehyun eyes searched th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter