Final.

Don’t Be Shy ~Baekhyun~ ♦

You replayed the video once more.

It was a video captured by a fan. It showed your boyfriend, Baekhyun, as well as Taeyeon. They were on stage together, holding hands, hugging, playing around with each other.

It hurt every single time they touched and showed so much skinship because Baekhyun did none of that with you.

Despite the fact that the two of you have been going out for quite a while, Baekhyun was still really shy with you. It was strange since he didn’t seem like a shy person overall, but he also was always very open and comfortable with Taeyeon.

But of course, it’s because she was Taeyeon.

You shut your laptop in frustration and pushed it aside. Maybe a little nap would be good for you.

———————

You woke up some hours later after hearing something from the kitchen. It sounded like somebody was going through the cabinets and picking up plates or something. “Baekhyun?” you called out instinctively, thinking there would be nobody else who could possibly have access to your home.

You jumped out of bed and sprinted downstairs, going to the kitchen. Once you arrived at the doorway, you saw Baekhyun standing behind the kitchen table, fixing himself up a snack. He smiled when he saw you. “Hey, jagiyah,” he greeted.

That’s it. No hug. No kiss. No warm embrace. No nothing.

“Hi,” you said blandly and approached him. “How was your day?”

He nodded. “Good, good.” He went to the fridge and tried to pick out something to drink with his snack.

You sat down on one of the stools by the kitchen table and rested your head on top. If Taeyeon was in the room right now, he’d probably immediately greet her with a hug.

But with you, you get nothing.

When he walked away from the fridge and back to the table, you looked up at him with curious eyes. “Baekhyun,” you spoke up, earning his attention. “Can I ask you a question?”

“Of course you can.” He set down an empty glass and unscrewed the top of the carton of juice he took out.

“What do you think of me?” you asked.

He poured himself some juice and furrowed his eyebrows. “What do you mean?”

“Do you think I’m pretty?”

“Of course I do. You’re gorgeous.” He smiled and set the carton down. “Why would you even ask me something like that?”

You shrugged. “I was just wondering.”

Baekhyun went back to the fridge and returned the carton. When he walked back, he asked, “Why do you look so upset?”

Well, at least the boy wasn’t oblivious to your feelings. That was about the only thing you felt really happy about in your relationship. Baekhyun could always tell whenever you were sad or upset.

“I’ve just been thinking a lot about something,” you replied. “I’ve been watching videos online and… and I’ve just come to notice some things that kind of bug me a bit.”

“What’s wrong? You know you can always talk to me about anything?”

Although he knew your feelings well, he still failed to see what the source of your feelings were. He didn’t notice how much he and Taeyeon were bothering you.

“Baekhyun, how come you’re not as comfortable around me as you are with Taeyeon?” you blurted out. “How come I see a bunch of pictures and videos of the two of you that show you two with a bunch of skinship, and you never do any of that with me? I know it may sound kind of dumb, but it bothers me, Baekhyun. Why aren’t you like that with me?

Baekhyun froze. He didn’t expect that to come out of you. He didn’t know what to do at that moment at all. “Ummm…” he muttered. “I…I..ummm…”

You threw your head back and groaned. “See, this is exactly what I’m talking about!” You didn’t mean to raise your voice, but it just did. “I tell you everything, and you’re not even open with me at all. I bet Taeyeon knows more about you than your own girlfriend because you’re so much more comfortable with her. Why?” You knew your voice cracked while you were ranting, and you tried your best to bite your lip and keep from crying.

Baekhyun looked up and noticed how hard you were fighting back the tears. “Please don’t cry,” he whispered and ran to your side. He took you by surprise and threw his arms around you, embracing you in a tight hug.

It just felt so good to be in his arms for once that you couldn’t help but hug him back.

“I’m really sorry, _______. I didn’t realize how much this has upset you,” he muttered and rubbed your back. “I’m really shy around you, I can’t help it. You make me nervous.”

“Why aren’t you nervous around Taeyeon then?”

Baekhyun pulled away, but held onto your hand tight. He smiled and said, “Because she’s not the girl I like.” He took a deep breath and stared you deep in the eyes. “You are, jagi. You make me nervous and shy because I like you a lot. I don’t even know what to say or do around you half the times because I don’t want to look like an idiot in front of you.”

You wiped away some of the tears that managed to escape. You couldn’t believe that this was the reason that Baekhyun was so shy. It warmed your heart to know that he liked you that much. It was a relief because you returned the same feelings.

“I’m sorry, jagiyah,” he said again and stepped closer to you. “I promise I’m gonna be less shy around you from now on, okay? Don’t be upset whenever you see me with Taeyeon. You’re the one I want to be with, not her.”

“Good.” You rested your head on his shoulder and sighed. “You could’ve said that a long time ago, Baekhyun.”

“I’m sorry. But, I think I know how to make it up to you.” Before you could say anything, Baekhyun lifted your chin and leaned in to place a soft, passionate kiss on your lips.

When he pulled away, he whispered, “Gosh, I’ve been waiting to do that for a long time.”

You smiled. “I’ll look forward to you doing it again.”