Happily Ever After

Happily Ever After - Minho

Unwrapped presents were in neat little piles on the floor as you relaxed on the couch in Minho’s arms. With your back pressed up against his chest, his arms wrapped around your waist as his hands were intertwined with yours. Heavy snow fell outside as the windows began to fog up, coating over the glass with a thin layer of ice.

Minho pulled a heavy blanket over the two of you as your head rested against his shoulder, his head leaned on the cushion, his fingers gently played with yours as you closed your eyes slowly. The crackling and popping of the fire kept the silence peaceful as he looked at you with soft eyes as you took a deep breath.

"Minho-ssi?" You breathed out quietly.

"Yes, jagiya?" He said in his husky, deep voice that sent chills down your spine.

"Is there one thing that you wish that you could have said or did, but you chickened out?" You played with the rings on his fingers as your eyes watched the blanket move up and down with your breaths.

"Yeah…" He whispered as you looked up at him.

"Can you please tell me?" You looked at him with hopeful eyes as you squeezed his hands softly.

"You know, it is kind of a secret." He blushed as he bit his lip and looked down at you.

"I told you all of my secrets." You mumbled as you nuzzled your head against his neck.

"Alright. I’ll tell you." He finally said after a while. "The most beautiful girl always seemed to be out of my reach, no matter where I turned there was no one that would care what I did or said or that wanted to be around me. Yet one day the most beautiful woman in the world, took a chance on me. She said hi as I was lost for words I just waved my hand as she smiled and walked away. I watched her closely as she interacted with strangers on the street. Yet something pulled me to her. After I found out where she lived and worked, I couldn’t stay away. I kept my eyes on her, wanting to protect her and to hug her. The more I watched her the more I fell in love with her movements and actions. She was the definition of perfection in my eyes."

Minho paused for a while as he his lips.

"What happened then?" For you already knew the story of how you two met, you just loved to hear it from him. His voice, his emotions made your meeting seem just like a fairy tale.

"I finally knocked on her door one day, but I didn’t have the courage to tell her what my heart was feeling. I handed her, her newspaper and made a lame excuse and left. Running back to my place, my heart beat faster and faster. Weeks later, I finally wrote enough notes to her to put on her doorstep. I placed the notes on the doorstep and rang the door bell and ran to the corner of her house to hide myself from making another fool of myself. She took in the notes and smiled brightly as I watched her read every single one of them. Some tears fell from her eyes as I told her about my days and thoughts through my letters. Yet there was always something missing."

"I love this story so much." You smiled contently as you wrapped held your hands and his up to your chest.

"About a year later, he still hadn’t said what his heart was telling him to say. Yet they both cuddled on the couch together, in each others arms. His heart wanted to always tell her something. Something that he felt from the first moment that they met." He smiled brightly as he kissed your head.

"What did he want to say Oppa?" You sat up and looked at him in the eyes. Minho carefully sat up and reached over the couch and handed you a little box with a colorful ribbon on the top of the tiny box. Nodding his head, you opened it on his queue.

With the perfect timing, he watched your eye light up brightly as a gorgeous diamond ring reflected on your face.

"I love you, ______-ah. Will you marry me?" He said honestly, wanting to have told you that ever since you two met. Your eyes raised from the gift as you were speechless. He carefully took the ring out from the box as he held your left hand. Nodding your head as you eyes filled with tears, he slid the ring onto your finger. Kissing your hand softly, you wrapped your arms around him slowly as he held you close to him.

"What happens next, in the story?" You whispered in his ear as your fingers ran through his hair on the back of his head.

"They live happily ever after." He smiled and pressed his pink lips against your skin.