decisions..

Mortal Guardian

“he’s not my son…”

 

 

 

Chunji tugged on his lover’s sleeve, eyes still locked on the boy they took home. Changhyun’s face was blank, no such emotion, even in front of the abundant candies and toys they provided. Not even one was touched.

 

 

“byung… lets talk.”

 

 

The blonde haired angel swiftly wrapped his arm around ljoe’s shoulders, pulling the shorter man inside the kitchen. Then letting go, he ran around, closing each doors and windows, making sure they have the upmost privacy. Byunghun’s mouth gaped, slowly a smirk shined through as he pulled chanhee closer. Swallowed his astonishment and nodded, giving his boyfriend the green light.

 

 

“ I don’t think this is right. That kid was supposed to be wiped okay,”

“I mean the cleaners, they were the one who should settle him”

“I know…. But chanhee, don’t you feel something? That little sparks when we saw his eyes?”

“I’m not sure but I think….. he’s different”

“ SO? You want to adopt him now?!”

 

 

Anxieties were filled inside those golden eyes, chunji was scared. And his imposing tone only brought out the worries breeding inside his mind. Byunghun cupped the taller lad’s face, smiling as wide as he possibly could, looking like a complete idiot was enough to calm chanhee down as a giggled escaped.

 

 

“look, I know this is…. A bit absurd. But, I want to raise him”

“I mean we’re down here to be as humanly as possible right. So maybe that child is our chance”

“we made enough money to last decades okay, so let’s live normally now, we worked hard for it”

 

 

Chanhee turned away, swallowed his restless heart and stood up. Slowly, byunghun got worried because he knew that posture too well. Chunji was not pleased by his plan, worst he might even defy it.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Stirring the coffee slowly chunji stared out the door. Smiling subtly he handed out the drinks to the couple. Puzzled by chanhee’s rare expression, the white haired demon raised his eyebrow.

 

“he’s my weight”

“huh?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“oh gosh…. You’re not too happy with this are you”

“no.. you have a point… still….Seriously byung, raising a human child won’t make us any more human alright. I mean what if this goes wrong huh?”

“ I know… I just thought… you know, we’ll at least feel like we’re a married couple if we had kids”

“and with this situation, I don’t think we can mm..make..any”

 

 

Byunghun’s eyes started to glisten, a sign that he was seriously embarrassed. Seeing his flustered face, chanhee looked straight into those gleaming eyes and smiled. This idiot, he thought as he opened his arms, allowing byunghun to hug him tight. Clearing his throat, the blonde angel spoke..

 

“fine! Okay lets give this a try, I mean that child only live until what, sixty years?”

“we’ll raise him for a couple of decades and we’re done, okay?”

 

 

Still within chunji’s arms, ljoe looked up, his eyes sparkling, damp from the welling tears as he grinned wide. He could never find someone like chunji, just the presence of chanhee was enough to make him feel greatly thankful. He swallowed the lumps inside his throat and tried to thank him when his voice broke and made him feel embarrassed even more.

Still he said…

“thank you lee chanhee…”

“for accepting every decision I made, for understanding my idiot ways and loving it nonetheless”

“for abandoning the skies, freedom.. for me. for trying so hard to love me completely”

“uhmmm byung… stop, you’re getting cheesy ya’know”

“im not done! Most importantly, for being here. For always being here”

“you were the best flier up there and yet here you are, tied to the ground for this worthless fallen angel”

 

 

 

 

 

 

That smile lasted for a while, indeed the memories burnt strong within his mind. He could still remember the passionate kiss they had after, the way ljoe locked fingers with him and the excited giggles when he started to open up to changhyun.

 

 

“weight as in mass? You gotta be kidding me chanhee”

“mass, yeah…. He makes me what I am. Good… or bad”