Final

The Memorabilia
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Just like what the title said, The Memorabilia. So this story will mostly about flashbacks… because flashbacks are fancy and I love flashbacks. SchoolAU is not my forte. So yeah… I hope you like this story… although it is ty…. /grins retardly/

 

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sometimes we failed to realize how a small thing could actually separate us so far from each other.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

Joonmyun stepped into that park with heavy heart. His mind was full of the images of the person that he missed so much. It has been a while. Joonmyun then stopped near a bench before squatting down on the ground and starts digging the soil. Even he himself cannot remember just many years had passed since the last time he visited that place. Silently reminiscing the bittersweet of his childhood, Joonmyun digs the hard ground deeper until his fingers touched the velvet purple box he had buried long time ago. Pressing his lips into a small smile, Joonmyun took the box out. It was so dirty and old… just like the memories that he had kept for so long.

As he open the box, Joonmyun found himself lost into another dimension. His hands were busy taking out and flipping each pages of the photo album, but his mind was somewhere else, that only God knows where.

 

 

 

***************************************

 

 

 

He goes by the name of Kim Joonmyun. Not exactly the smartest student out of all, because there were times he got distracted and fail some subjects. He’s not exactly the richest too, because unlike what other people have been talking about, his family only runs a small shipping business.  He’s not the prettiest flower boy too, because he was sure there are some more kids in that school who’s far prettier than him. He’s just a Kim Joonmyun, an ordinary boy with below average self-esteem.

It was his first day of middle school where the most important part of his life began. Just like the other freshmen, he was also very nervous. Well, maybe because he doesn’t have any friends yet to begin with. Cold beads of sweat starts forming on his forehead as he walked along the hallway that for some reason, feels like endless. Okay, that’s it. Let’s face the truth. He’s lost. Joonmyun was about to faint because of the insecurities, when suddenly, a bright boy around his size with a cute smile appeared.

“Are you a freshman too?” The short boy asked, though he’s only one or two centimeters shorter than Joonmyun.

Joonmyun blinked dumbly, staring at the boy with wide eyes, “Y-Yes?” He answered, rather hesitantly.

The cute boy’s smile went wider than it already was, “Good! Me too! Did you know where class 1-B is?” He asked again.

Joonmyun pouted a little while shaking his head, “1-B is supposed to be my class too… a-and… I am lost too...” He grinned a little at his silliness.

The latter beamed, “Wah! You’re cute! Let’s be good friends then! Come on! Let’s find it together, okay?” He grabbed Joonmyun hand and pulled Joonmyun away before he could even give his answer. “By the way, I am Byun Baekhyun.” He said between his pants, still pulling Joonmyun.

Joonmyun’s lips finally broke into a beautiful smile, “Kim Joonmyun, that’s my name. Nice to meet you, Baekhyun-ah.” He said politely.

Both of them exchanged another shy smile to each other, before they continue their journey of finding their respective classroom.

 

Byun Baekhyun, yeah, that’s the name of Joonmyun first friend. He might a little too sassy for his age, but he’s overly protective when it comes to the people he loves. He’s not only a bright boy, but also a loud, talkative, annoying at times, but still very adorable in Joonmyun’s eyes. Every smallest thing could fascinate that boy. Every littlest thing could lure his attention. He’s just that much of a curious person, but sometimes reckless and… well, just brainless.

“Hey, Joonie, have you heard about the new kid that will join us today?” Baekhyun asked nonchalantly.

Joonmyun turn around slightly. The librarian was glaring at them while putting her finger on her lips. Joonmyun nods apologetically before turning his attention back to Baekhyun, You’re too loud Baek. And no, I haven’t. So what about him?” He stared at Baekhyun.

Baekhyun grinned, “You know, they said he’s a cutie pie! Since we both are the cutest students in our grade, I think we should make him our friend.” Baekhyun exclaimed excitedly, a little too conceited for his own good.

Joonmyun chuckled, “The cutest, really? Or are you trying to say that we’re the shortest?”

Baekhyun rolled his eyes, leaning his back against the chair, “We’re not short. We’re cute!” He pouted. “By the way, that creepy sunbae had been staring at you for quite a while now. Should I go there and punch some manners into him?” Baekhyun jutted his lips at some direction.

Joonmyun look over his shoulder. It’s true. A tall 3rd year student was staring at him like he’s the most interesting thing on earth to stare, “J-Just ignore him.” He muttered.

“If he ever tries to do anything funny to you, simply call my name. I’ll change his bone structure for you, or at least make him blind of eye- you.” Baekhyun huffed in anger.

Joonmyun almost burst out laughing at his choice of words. Eye-, really? They’re just middle school student for God’s sake. “Don’t worry, Baek. I’ll be fine.” He reassured.

 

The little wide-eyed boy was fidgeting in front of the whole class while they were staring at him with gleaming eyes. “H-Hi. I’m Do K-Kyungsoo. Nice to meet y-you.” He waves his hand awkwardly, trying his best not to cry at his excited audience.

“Damn, he’s cute and small, and squishy and oh god! I just want to keep him in my pocket and squeeze him like a little pimple!” Baekhyun beamed loudly, which had successfully draw the attention to him.

The new boy, namely Do Kyungsoo, was just too shock when someone suddenly squeeze the air out of him in a tight embrace. And for Byun Baekhyun, he pride himself being a shameless sassy mouthed kid who takes no from anyone. Joonmyun sighed. “Baek-ah, you're going to kill him if you don’t stop now.”  He said, trying to stop Baekhyun from squishing the new student to death.

But instead of stopping, Baekhyun only loosen his grip a bit and grinned at the boy, “You heard what that short zombie said, right? Yeah, that’s my name! Byun Baekhyun! We’re going to be great friends, Kyunggie-ah!” He hugged that boy again, but less tight this time.

Joonmyun only smiled when Baekhyun dragged the boy towards their seats and commanded the boy that was sitting at high right side to get lost. Kyungsoo only stared at the boy in pure sympathy, sitting on the seat in guilt. Joonmyun, too, but he decided to shrug it off because yeah, Byun Baekhyun takes no from anyone.

 

Do Kyungsoo is just like Joonmyun, minus the paranoid of course. He’s a very lovable timid boy, soft, squishy, cute, but still very scary when he decided to be so. When he’s angry or upset, he might not show it off. He’ll just keep quiet, but his words are deep and will sting you right in the deepest corner of your heart.

“Excuse me; your eyes will get hurt if you keep on staring at my friend like that.” Kyungsoo said with unreadable expression on his face.

The very same 3rd grader senior frowned, “What?”

And then it happened. A small fist landed on his right eye, giving his blue-black bruise that they could be sure, would take few months to be healed. Joonmyun’s eyes widened in shock. Baekhyun smirked proudly, while Kyungsoo, being indifferent with his stoic face. “See, I told you you’ll eyes will get hurt if you keep on staring at my friend like that.”

Baekhyun blow his left fist, “This is going to be your next friend if I ever caught you eye- my friend again, got it clear, sunbae-nim?” He leaned closer to the tall boy, stabbing his finger on the latter’s chest.

“Baek, you don’t have to punch him like that.” Joonmyun whispered as they walked away from the bruised senior.

Baekhyun snorted, "If he listened to Kyung, that won’t happen.” He shrugged as if it wasn’t a big deal.

Kyungsoo slung an arm around Baekhyun’s shoulder, “Baekhyun hyung is right, Joonmyun hyung. That senior is being creepy.” He tilted his head cutely, making Baekhyun squealed in delight.

“Kyahhhhhhhh! Our little baby Kyung-bunny! C’mere, let me squish you, baby!” He hugged the boy tightly, suffocating him with his tight embrace.

Joonmyun sigh again. His friends are both total idiots... They’re too brave for their own good, despite their small body size. But it’s okay. Because he love idiots.

 

Everything went well for their whole 3 years of middle school. They had become even closer throughout the whole years. They’re practically glued together, like honey to the bee. Their last day of middle school was probably the sweetest thing that ever happened in their lives. They’re going to miss their moments in middle school a lot.

“Ahhh, I’m going to miss this table, this chair, that stupid whiteboard, and even the bald head of Mr. Jung.” Baekhyun said dramatically.

Joonmyun snorted, “And you said you hated school before.” He snickered mockingly.

Baekhyun stuck his tongue out at Joonmyun, “Leave me alone, walking corpse!”

They keep on bickering until Kyungsoo, who had been keeping himself quiet for the whole time, narrowed his eyes on them and said in firm tone, “I give both of you, idiots, 3 seconds to shut the up.” He glowered.

Baekhyun and Joonmyun jumped in shock. They quickly nods and walked normally. Kyungsoo then smiled in victory, taking out a Polaroid camera from his bag and said, “Good! Now let’s take some crazy selcas as memories!” He jumped happily like a seal.

“Say cheese!”

And that was just how their first Polaroid together was taken, at the front gate of their middle school, smiling all brightly before they decided to pose crazily and take some more pictures.

 

 

 

High school turns out not like what they expected.

“Holy , I don’t want to be here. Not at all cost.” Baekhyun’s eyes twitched in disgust.

Joonmyun swallowed thickly, “Things are going to get much better… I hope..?” He blinked, cannot believe what he’s seeing.

“Worse, you mean?” Kyungsoo’s wide eyes just turn even wider than ever.

 

“Oppa! Give me your signature!” Another girl squealed, pulling Joonmyun’s arm, hard, that it might just fall out of its limb.

Joonmyun give her a friendly smile, but still fail to hide the disgusted look he had on his face, “A-Ah… haha…” He laughed awkwardly

“Girls, keep your hands off my best friend, please.” Baekhyun pulled Joonmyun back to his side.

“Oppa! You’re handsome!” Another girl suddenly grabbed Baekhyun’s wrist.

A blonde pushed that girl away and rolled her eyes, “Get out of my way! He’s mine, es!” He then turns her attention to Baekhyun and smiled all sweetly, “Hi there, handsome! I’m Jiyoung!” She grinned.

“Well.. I don’t care.” Baekhyun snorted.

“You should!” The girl cling to him, “Because you’re going to fall for me in just the matter of time~”  She batted her eyelashes.

And for Kyungsoo, “Gosh! You’re so cute! I want to adopt you!” Some girls squealed like freaking mouse right into Kyungsoo’s ears.

Kyungsoo gave her a death glare, “What am I? Some kind of animal?” He said sarcastically.

 

That was how everyday passed. They can’t even walk ten steps into that gate properly because girls just keep on blocking their way. It was tolerable at first, until Baekhyun finally lost all of his patience and explode.

“I am gay! Now please get lost or just die somewhere!” He shouted, making all the girls that was clinging on him to step back away.

Little did he know, some certain tanned boy was also looking at his way, amazed by the dolphin scream Baekhyun just made.  As if someone just drops the atomic bomb that destroyed Hiroshima and Nagasaki, the previously noisy canteen turns into drop dead silence. But not for long, until some of the heartbroken girls ran away, crying into their palms. Baekhyun huffed in relieved, receiving some pats on his shoulder and chest by Joonmyun and Kyungsoo. The tanned boy smirked.

“Wow, that tiny guy is really something.” A tall curly haired teen sits on the empty seat on his left side.

The tanned boy nods, “Yeah. Interesting.” He said.

The tall boy rests his head against the back of his palm, chuckling, “I’ve been keeping my eyes on them from the very first day of school, you know? They’re like… the tiniest guys I’ve ever seen!”

The tanned boy turn to look at his hyung, “Should we, ChanChan hyung?” He asked the latter.

Chanyeol grinned retardly, “We should, Jonginnie.”

 

“Hey, Baek hyung, why did I have a feelings that some were burying holes into our brains?” Kyungsoo gripped Baekhyun’s arm tightly.

Baekhyun nods,  “Me too. I’ve been having these weird feelings for quite a while now.” He bits his lips.

They were glued to each other as they continue walking across the back lane, for shortcut, to their house. Kyungsoo and Baekhyun live in the same neighborhood, they always go home together and there were also times Joonmyun would offer to give them a ride home. But since that day they have to stay back for choir practice, by the time they were dismissed, it was already so late. It’s true, Baekhyun and Kyungsoo are not some scaredy cats, but dude

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter