Love From The Unexpected

Flirting With The Devil
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The chorus of groans echoing throughout the room at Mr Kim’s announcement of a group project can be heard by the neighbouring classes. Giggles and boisterous laughter projects through the walls further despairing Mr Kim’s class.

“Heechul, why do we have to do a project again? We did one last week!” Donghae questions the motives of Mr Kim, earning gasps from his fellow classmates.

“You little brat, it is Mr Kim to you. Donghae, you will do as I instruct, please stop being a hassle during class. You are here to learn, now listen and stop being such a demonic student.” Heechul rolls his eyes, silently fuming at the annoying teenager.

The classroom remains silent for a full minute before the room erupts in chatter. “I’m partnering with you!” Kiseop yells at Soohyun.

“But I was going to ask him!” Kevin whines at Kiseop before changing his mind and quickly latching onto a surprised Eli.

Donghae just laughs at his ridiculous classmates. He watches how the girls quickly shuffle closer to each other, how the boys punch each other’s arms in a friendly manner or pat each other on the back.

Everywhere there are best friends clustering together, other students arguing, or those sitting out waiting for someone to approach them. Donghae just observes, quirking an eyebrow at a confident Hyukjae approaching him.

“Hey gorgeous, will you be my partner?” Hyukjae says with a cheeky grin, his eyes crinkling slightly at the edges.

Donghae almost laughs. Almost.

“Hyukjae, you can’t do that! You can’t be partners with him! He’s such a hopeless case, he just dumps all of the work on the other person. He’s a slacker, he’s almost like a demon child or something. Be my partner instead!” Sungmin tries to reason by aiding his words with flamboyant hand gestures.

“Sure, I’ll be your partner Hyukjae.” Sungmin stares at Donghae with wide eyes before turning on his heel, trying to find another suitable candidate for his partner. Hyukjae keeps grinning at Donghae as he sits down next to him.

“We’re going to have so much fun together babe.” Hyukjae whispers slyly to Donghae. This time Donghae can’t hold in his amusement, silent laughter causes his shoulders to slightly shake and he eyes the other with interest.

“Where did this confidence spring up from? I’m pretty sure I saw you trying to hide behind your locker door yesterday just because I walked past…” Donghae smirks as Hyukjae’s grin falters for a moment.

A shy smile forms on Hyukjae’s lips as he replies, “Well, I’ve kind of liked you for a while now and I thought I should finally do something about it and man up since I’m always too nervous to approach you.”

Donghae had been aware of Hyukjae’s infatuation with him ever since he overheard Hyukjae talking to his friends about him. “Well you certainly did something right, I was wondering if you’d ever manage to tell me.”

Hyukjae’s cheeks achieve a pink hue as Donghae’s statement sinks in. Heechul chooses this moment to interrupt the babble of voices filling the classroom, partners had obviously been sorted for a few minutes now due to the volume of chatter and how quickly silence falls after Heechul grasps their attention again.

“I expect everything to be handed in by next Friday. On another note, have a good weekend.” Heechul dismisses the class and the students all smile brightly, being let out ten minutes early on a Friday is definitely something they feel grateful for.

The students waste no time in gathering their things and leaving, yelling ‘thank you’ to Heechul from the door as they depart. All of the students are too caught up in their own glee to notice Heechul’s inquisitive look aimed at Hyukjae and Donghae and his muttered musings, “I hope Hyukjae knows what he’s getting himself into…”

 

Donghae rushes to the school’s entrance, wanting to be away from the place as quickly as possible. Hyukjae hastily runs after him, trying to keep up with the fast pace set.

“Wait! When and how are we going to do the project?” Hyukjae half yells at Donghae’s back. Donghae halts suddenly, causing Hyukjae to run into him and fall backwards. Bracing for the impact to come, Hyukjae squeezes his eyes shut.

What he didn’t expect to happen was the lean arms wrapping around his waist, holding him upright and saving him from hitting the hard pavement.

He cracks each eye open slowly, gazing into Donghae’s gentle brown eyes staring back at him. Hyukjae can feel the blush spreading lightly across his cheeks as a shy smile forms on his face at the arms still enveloping him and the warmth in Donghae’s eyes.

Hyukjae's blush deepens immensely when Donghae's hand finds its way into his school uniform's pants pocket. A small whine escapes from Hyukjae's mouth as his thigh is lightly squeezed before his cell phone is clutched in Donghae's wandering hand.

Donghae smirks at Hyukjae as he easily types in his own number and calls it, his other arm still remaining wrapped around Hyukjae's waist. 

A faint buzzing is heard and Donghae hangs up, fishing his own phone out of his pocket, and saves Hyukjae's number. "I'll send you the time and my address later, and you'll be staying the night. See you tomorrow sweetie." Donghae waves slightly before running off, leaving Hyukjae alone.

Hyukjae starts to make his way home, confused and yearning for the beautiful torture that tomorrow will bring.

 

Donghae had sent Hyukjae a text message at ten that evening, the contents including his address to his family’s apartment and the order to be there at three o’clock tomorrow afternoon.

Hyukjae scowls at the impolite message, yet he finds himself exceedingly giddy due to the fact that he’ll be staying with Donghae for most likely a full twenty-four hours starting tomorrow.

He starts to shove a change of clothes and some pyjamas into his school bag, tipping out everything else beforehand. Hyukjae nods approvingly at the bag sitting still open at the end of his bed, deciding that his toothbrush and other things can be packed tomorrow since he will be using them before he leaves.

With a smile on his face he prepares for going to sleep, finally collapsing into the comfortable warmth of his bed, and after looking at Donghae’s message once again, falls into a deep slumber.

 

 At exactly three, Donghae spots Hyukjae running around the street corner, obviously hurrying for no real reason.

“Calm down Hyukjae, I wasn’t going to leave you outside if you were late, you idiot.”

Hyukjae frowns at Donghae, “I’m not an idiot, but even if I was, you still waited outside for me.” Hyukjae grins as Donghae rolls his eyes before imputing the code to get into the apartment building, the door sliding open automatically.

“You must like me if you can’t deny you were eager to see me,” Hyukjae smirks, laughing when Donghae just walks through to the elevator, not even paying any attention to him anymore.

The elevator door closes just as Hyukjae rushes in, glaring slightly at Donghae who had pushed the button to close the doors before Hyukjae was through.

“Just admit it, you do like me,” Hyukjae persists, taking the chance to stare and observe Donghae’s handsome face.

“What if I told you that I actually did like you, a lot even?” Donghae asks, turning towards Hyukjae and trapping him against one of the mirrored walls.

“Then I would kiss you,” Hyukjae breathes out, nervous because of how close Donghae’s face is to his own.

“What are you waiting for then, sweetie?” Donghae responds, smiling teasingly when he steps back as Hyukjae leans his face closer to his own, the elevator having stopped at their destined floor.

Donghae is already unlocking the door when Hyukjae realises what has occurred and quickly follows after the charming boy who is trying to into a mess of frustration.

Donghae closes the door after Hyukjae walks through, it automatically locks and they’re both left in the silence of the empty apartment.

Hyukjae is putting his shoes by Donghae’s when he is told, “My parents won’t be back from wo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter