Love in a Winter Wonderland

Love in a Winter Wonderland

Yoseob paced around the living room, making Junhyung, who was watching him, dizzy. Junhyung, Hyunseung, Dongwoon, and Kikwang had all been gathered in the living room of Yoseob and Doojoon's apartment by the the Yoseob for some reason which he had yet disclosed.

“I got it!”

“Got what?” Kikwang asked in confusion.

“I know how to give Doojoon the best Christmas ever that will completely overshadow any attempts he makes!”

“And how are you going to do that?”

“With your help of course,”

“But Yoseob we have our own plans for Christmas.” Dongwoon protested.

Yoseob looked down for a minute, causing the others to worry they had made him cry. Until he suddenly lifted his head and looked at them with an innocent look and a slight pout.

“If you don’t help me, certain pictures may or may not be sent to certain boyfriend’s parents who may or may not be happy if they saw them.”

Yoseob’s threat made their blood run cold. Reluctantly, they all agreed to help.

Damn this little scheming conniving…

 

Doojoon woke up to a cold and empty bed on Christmas morning. Shaking his head and lightly chuckling, he got out of bed, thinking Yoseob had probably gotten up early and was waiting for him to exchange gifts. But when he walked down into the kitchen, his small boyfriend was nowhere in sight. Instead he was greeted by a plate of heart-shaped pancakes drizzled with maple syrup. As he sat down to eat he noticed a small post-it with familiar handwriting beside the plate.

Doojoonie, do you miss me? If you want to come find me you’ll have to go to where we first met.

-Yoseob ^^

Doojoon smiled as he read the note and hurriedly finished his breakfast. He didn’t want Yoseob to wait in the cold for too long. When he was done he went back to his room to get changed. Upon opening the closet he saw his gloves sitting on shelf with another post-it attached to it.

Don’t forget your gloves. It’s cold outside.

Doojoon sincerely hoped Yoseob had heeded his own advice. He didn’t want his cute boyfriend to get sick on Christmas. Once he had finished getting ready, he headed for the door, only just remembering to grab a small black box out of the bedside drawer. Just as he was about to leave he was stopped by a pair of black earmuffs hanging on the door with yet another note stuck on it.

Earmuffs because your ears go red whenever you get cold. I’m wearing a matching pair <3

 

Doojoon shivered as he left the apartment building. Walking down the street, he could the wisps of air escaping from the mouth and he puffed. As he approached the park, he reminisced the moment he had met Yoseob nearly four years ago.

 

Doojoon sipped his hot coffee as he cut through the park on his way home. He had had an exhausting day at work and wanted nothing more than to crawl into bed and watch the snow fall through his windows.

He was just about to take a sip of his coffee when a lump of snow hit his hand. The impact and the harsh coldness caused him to drop his coffee onto the pavement, hot coffee slashing onto his leather shoes.

Doojoon looked up again to see a young boy running up towards him, in his hands, another snowball. Doojoon was stunned by the boys appearance, pale skin, contrasting with his coal black hair which was mostly covered by a grey beanie. The only colour on the boy’s face was his nose and cheeks, red from the cold, which along with his large brown eyes, gave him an air of innocence.

“I’m so sorry. I usually have better aim than that” The boy apologized sheepishly when he reached Doojoon.

“I…It’s okay. No harm done right?” Doojoon replied, waving away the boy’s apology.

“I’ll buy you another coffee. There’s a coffee shop around the corner.” The boy said tugging on Doojoon’s arm as he began to walk away. He stopped mid-step and turned around, shouting something to the boy still standing in the middle of the park.

“Kikwang-ah I’m going to go first okay?” Not even waiting for a reply he turned back to Doojoon and continued walking.

“I’m Yoseob by the way.” He said, smiling up at Doojoon.

“I’m Doojoon.”

 

Turning into the park, Doojoon noticed a person in an elf costume standing in the middle of the field.

 “Yoseob?”  Doojoon asked as he approached the brightly-clad figure, only to be shocked when the person turned around to face him.

“Junhyung?!” he spluttered.

“Don’t say anything.” Junhyung warned him while glaring at him. But it was too late. Doojoon had already burst out laughing. He was hunched over; struggling for air, but the sight of Junhyung in red tights, a pointy hat, and a bright green jacket was too much for him to bear. Before he could take out his phone to capture the once in a lifetime opportunity, Junhyung had stormed up to him and threw a package at his face which Doojoon just managed to catch.

“I swear I’m going to kill that stupid boyfriend of yours.” He muttered before stalking off.

Doojoon carefully unwrapped the packaging to reveal a small cardboard box containing a glass snow globe with a picture of Yoseob and him kissing on the beach (Yoseob had insisted the moment be captured on camera much to the chagrin of Hyunseung the unfortunate photographer).  

Doojoon shook the snow globe slightly and admired the way the snowflakes floated gently back down to the bottom. When Doojoon looked back into the cardboard box he found another note at the bottom.

Because we met on a snowy day. Doojoon ah do you remember where we had our first date?

Of course he remembered. How could he forget how Yoseob had forced to him to go an ice-skating rink even though neither of them could skate.

 

“Doojoonie let’s go skating.”

“Do you even know how to skate?”

“Hmmm? Yeah of course.”

 

“Oww…”

“I thought you said you knew how to ice skate.”

“Yeah…I lied.”

 

Doojoon couldn’t help grinning at the memory. Even if the date left them both bruised and cold, he couldn’t have been more happy.

When he finally arrived at the ice rink he found an unhappy Hyunseung dressed as Rudolph waiting for him.

“Ugh here. Merry Christmas blah blah blah. I have a date with Junhyung.” He said ing a small package into Doojoon’s hands and waved before walking away. Doojoon untied the package and tore through the wrapping to find a familiar iPod and earphones. Putting the earphones in his ears, he pressed play. The first thing he heard was Yoseob’s cheerful voice.

“Because you told me you liked it when I sang to you I recorded all your favorite songs and put them in your iPod. Listen to them while you continue finding me. Doojoonie are you tired yet? Come find me where we first kissed.”

Doojoon shook his head, wasn’t Yoseob just sending him in circles now. But he complied with his boyfriend’s wishes and headed back towards the park, where their favorite café was located (where Yoseob had bought Doojoon coffee) and where they had first kissed.

 

 “Yoseob ah you have foam on your mouth” Doojoon said pointing to Yoseob’s mouth.

Yoseob looked up at Doojoon and batted his eyelashes alluringly.

“Why don’t you kiss it off?”

“Aish” Doojoon said, gently flicking Yoseob’s forehead, “You’ve been watching too many dramas.”

Yoseob frowned cutely at that while rubbing his forehead and wiping the foam off with his other hand.

“If you won’t kiss me then I’ll just kiss you.” Doojoon was about to respond but before he could get in a word he felt soft lips press on his own. Doojoon’s mind went blank, all he knew was that Yoseob was kissing him, and he tasted like coffee but sweet.

When Yoseob leaned back, he had a self-satisfied smile as he saw Doojoon’s red face.

 

As Doojoon pushed open the door of the café he expected to find Yoseob sitting at their usual table in the corner by the window. Instead he saw an excited Kikwang and Dongwoon dressed up as Santa Claus and Mrs. Claus (obviously Dongwoon was Mrs. Claus) waving at him to go over.

“Why are there two of you?”

Dongwoon rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly.

“It got too cold outside so I came inside. But I got your present and your note.” He replied, handing Doojoon a steaming cup of coffee and a note, before Kikwang gave him another cardboard box.

Doojoon sipped his coffee as he opened up the box, savoring the spicy sweet yet bitter taste.  Inside, he found a soft grey sweater with a note stuck on the inside.

Because I stole your old sweater. But I can’t guarantee this want won’t go missing either. I’m waiting outside the restaurant where you met my parents for this first time ^^

Guessed Dongwoon’s laziness saved him another trip. He opened up the other note.

Because I know you love gingerbread lattes even though you pretend you’re too mature for gingerbread :P I really miss you Doojoonie. I waiting for you where you first told me you loved me.

After reading the note, Doojoon’s face fell and his eyes narrowed. Was Yoseob seriously sending him back to the beginning?

I love him.

Doojoon continuously repeated it to himself as he trudged through the snow, back to the park.

I love him and murdering him would be a crime.

When Doojoon finally reached the park he sighed in relief as he finally saw Yoseob standing there waiting for him. Doojoon sprinted towards the small boy, throwing his arms around him in a hug.

 “So where’s my final present?” Doojoon asked with a smirk on his face when he released Yoseob.

“What are you talking about? I’m your last present.” Yoseob replied incredulously, gesturing to the ribbon wrapped around his torso and the mistletoe headband on his head.

“Besides, you already have the greatest gift in the world, that being me of course. What else could you want?” Doojoon chuckled at the proud look on Yoseob’s face.

“You’re right. You are the best present I could ever ask for.” Doojoon smiled down gently towards Yoseob as the latter stood on his tip-toes, trying to reach Doojoon’s lips. Just to , Doojoon leaned back, making it impossible for Yoseob to get a kiss.

“Doojoon ah you have to kiss me. I’m under a mistletoe and it’s Christmas law.”

“Well if it’s Christmas law…” Doojoon said placing his gifts on the floor and connected their lips in an innocent kiss. When he felt Yoseob’s arms begin to snake up his body around his neck, he gently pulled away and stepped back.  

Yoseob was about to whine when he saw Doojoon slowly kneel down and get on one knee.  Yoseob gasped as he watched Doojoon reached into his pocket and retrieved a small black box. He opened it to reveal a silver band with a diamond mounted in the middle.

 “You gave me me Christmas presents filled with love, and now I want to give you one too. Yang Yoseob, I love you more than anything in this world and I don’t know what I would do without you. Will you marry me?”

Yoseob gaped, unable to speak. When he finally managed to speak, instead of leaping into his arms like Doojoon expected, Yoseob stomped his feet and a pout formed on his face.

“This isn’t fair Yoon Doojoon. I planned the perfect Christmas event because for once I wanted to give you the best present. But then you come in and do – well this and just make everything I did seem insignificant.”

“So I take that as a yes then?”

“Yeah…” Yoseob looked down and muttered.

Doojoon smiled and tilted Yoseob’s head up with his finger, smiling at the endearing sight of Yoseob blushing, before leaning in for another gentle kiss.

“Merry Christmas.” 

 

A/N: Tadaa a fluffy Christmas oneshot. Hoped you enjoyed it, comments are appreciated.

Merry Christmas and have a lovely holiday~ ^^