Winter's Question

Decision

"Are you sure with your decision?"

 

Nicole moved her eyes from frozen lake in the distance to the cat-eyed man who sat beside her. "What do you mean?"

 

Key sighed, white vapor formed in front of his face and vanished as quickly as they appeared. "Oh come on, I'm sure you understand my question."

 

She smiled bitterly and looked back at the lake, she could never distract this man’s attention. "You do know me well enough, don't you? You know I have big dreams that I want to achieve, but I will never be able to accomplish it if I’m still with DSP.”

 

"Is there no other alternative? I mean, think about the feelings of Kamilia and other Kara members."

 

Nicole shook her head slightly. "This is the only option that I can take, Kibum-ah. If they really wish the best for me so I can be happy, they will support my choice no matter what.”

 

Kibum looked at Nicole for a while before he wrapped his arms around Nicole's waist and rubbed her back.

 

"I know this is tough for you, but I believe that you're not that kind of woman who act rashly. Maybe you’ve thought about this carefully before, all I can do as your friend is to wish and pray the best for you.”

 

Nicole stunned before putting her chin on Key's shoulder and replied his hug, tears slowly welled from the corner of her eyes and trickled down his coat.

 
“Thank you for your understanding, Kibum-ah. You're indeed my best friend I can count on."