stop singing about alcohol (sing about coffee, coffee).

stop singing about alcohol (sing about coffee, coffee).

1. 

i just want you to stay, under my skin (crack crack).

yukwon reaches out and feels.

the mirror is ice-cold to the touch, sharp, glinting. yukwon looks at it with cautious eyes and breathes out, “where are you?”

he sees only his reflection staring back at him, but he knows. he knows there’s something behind that mirror, he’s seen it more than once; that time when he was looking for an aspirin, another time when he’d dropped his toothbrush and bent over to get it, and when he’d looked into the mirror he’d seen something.

he swears he saw a face there. eyes, piercing. an eerie smile.

now, he doesn’t know what to believe. he shuts his eyes and rests his palm against the mirror’s surface, breathing out slowly. “my mind’s messing with me,” he says to himself, and shakes his head, before opening his eyes again.

there’s a smile beneath his fingers. “hello.”

yukwon can hear his heart thumping when the glass cracks.

-

2.

you’re right, i might be drunk, i might make a mistake.

“Minhyuk,” calls Hanhae lazily. “Be a good dongsaeng and give your hyung a ride home.”

“You have a car, don’t you? Drive home yourself.”

“But Minhyuk,” whines Hanhae, tugging at Minhyuk’s sleeve. They’re outside that little club in Hongdae that Jiho insisted on going to before he went to Japan with Kyung on Tuesday. “I’m think I’m drunk, and you’re here.”

Minhyuk raises an eyebrow. “Call a cab?”

“I have no money.” Hanhae sniffs. “Kiggen borrowed my wallet.”

Minhyuk rolls his eyes and wraps an arm around Hanhae’s shoulders. “Derp. Come on, I’ll take you home then.”

Hanhae makes a pleased sound, and says, “I knew I liked you the most.” He curls his arm around Minhyuk and says, “that lamp post looks like Kyung.”

“Yep. Definitely drunk.”

Minhyuk manages to push Hanhae into his car, who’s mumbling about how the sidewalk tried to trip him (“It really did!” “No, your shoelace got caught on a piece of gum.”), and says, “Seatbelt or nothing.”

“Fine,” says Hanhae, and he adds lightly, “Have I ever mentioned how cute you are?”

“Nope,” says Minhyuk.

“You’re cute. And I might be drunk.” Hanhae blinks a little, and waves his hand at Minhyuk. “But you’re cute and I’m glad Jiho brought you along.”

Minhyuk lets a tiny smile slip. “You’re awfully complimentary when you’re drunk.”

Hanhae sniffs. “I know.” He leans against the passenger seat headrest. “Probably going to regret it in the morning. Little ers always taking advantage of my drunkenness.”

Minhyuk laughs. 

-

3.

i’m sorry for showing such a weak side of me, but don’t think i’m only saying it because of the alcohol.

The bottle hangs loosely from his fingers.

Kyung stares forlornly at the liquid, sloshing around inside glass, and wonders whether he should have just one more sip.

He does, and closes his eyes, letting the wind blow through his hair.

“I am an idiot,” he slurs, and he chucks the bottle at his bag, letting it thump rather loudly against a book. 

“I concur.”

Kyung glances up, and Jiho’s standing there, an amused look on his face. “Yo.”

“Hey.” Jiho comes up beside Kyung on the balcony. “Drinking your problems away?”

“You could say that,” says Kyung dryly, not really wanting to look at Jiho right now. 

Jiho scoffs lightly. “You really didn’t have to run away, you know.”

Below them, the traffic lights switch; a car honks. Kyung whispers, “I’m sorry.” 

“Shut up,” says Jiho, and he adds, “you better not be sorry for kissing me, okay. Not when I wanted to do the same in the first place.”

They look at each other for what seems like the longest time. Then, Kyung cracks a tiny smile. “Well, isn’t this awkward.”

Jiho hits him lightly in the shoulder. “Don’t even say it.” He puffs out his cheeks and continues, “You think they know?”

Kyung’s quiet again. “If they do…” 

Jiho seems to be thinking the same thing, because he grabs the bottle from where it’s lying on Kyung’s bag, and says, “Well, the world then.” He wraps an arm around Kyung’s shoulders and says lazily, “It’s just us, then.”

Kyung shakes his head, smiling again. “Whatever. Pass me that when you’re done. Jaehyo is going to kill me for drinking everything.”

“How much have you had?” says Jiho incredulously.

Kyung counts on his fingers. “Five bottles?”

Jiho groans. “You’re going to be hangover central tomorrow.”

“When I wake up, there better be aspirin and coffee waiting for me,” says Kyung, and Jiho sticks his tongue out indignantly. Kyung grins.

The wind blows their voices out towards the cityline.

-

4.

i get so knocked out by you, so don’t go home today, baby.

Minhyuk grabs Yukwon’s wrist. “Don’t.”

“Let go of me,” hisses Yukwon, and he tries to tug his wrist away, but to no avail. Yukwon glances around hurriedly, and whispers, “Are you mad? They could see us, Minhyuk, . This is Sky territory.”

“I don’t care.” Minhyuk’s eyes are determined. “They can go to hell for all I care.”

Yukwon’s expression flickers. “You’re crazy.”

“Probably.” His grin stretches. “I might be crazy. But you know that already, don’t you?” His words come out in a soft purr, and he knows how much Yukwon can’t stand when he does that.

Yukwon shivers slightly, and says, “I should’ve never gotten involved with you.”

“I know,” says Minhyuk, but he can’t seem to stay away himself. He’s gotten lost in the thrill of the chase, and knowing that Yukwon is Joker’s property only makes it more exciting. 

He knew he’s gotten in too deep. But he really doesn’t care anymore.

-

5. 

americano, i like, like, like it, americano, it’s so dark, dark, dark.

“The ceiling is rather lovely today.” Zico waves from on top of the cupboard. “Care to join me?”

“ off, you creep,” snaps Hanhae. “ing car accidents.”

“Oh, testy today.” Zico’s beside him, sitting on the headboard. He examines Hanhae’s lampshade and continues, “You must be drinking too much of that coffee again.”

Hanhae groans, and falls back onto the bed, covering his face with his pillow. “Go away!”

“Can’t.” Zico’s voice is clear and loud in his ear, as if he’s lying next to him. “I live here, remember?”

“So do I!”

“Whatever.” Zico’s on the carpet, toying with one of Hanhae’s biology books. “I died here, so I get first priority.”

“God, for a ghost, you can be so annoying,” mumbles Hanhae, and he nearly falls off the bed when he turns his head to see Zico grinning back at him.

“For a human, you can be so whiny.” And Zico’s gone again, only the remainder of his laugh echoing against the walls of the room.

Hanhae breathes, “Where the hell did I put that exterminator’s number?”

Zico whispers from behind him, “I threw it away.”

-