one .

Accidents Happen

This was the last place Takeru expected to find Asuko.

After all, it didn't seem like the type of place she would go. The incoherent music that pounded in your chest. The gross, humid feeling in the atmosphere. Plus, it was full of the type of people she hated. The crowd was too big and, if Takeru remembered correctly, she was a bit claustrophobic. From the look on her face, he had hit it dead on the nail. She sat at the bar alone, craddling a fruity drink against her flushed cheeks.  

 
Asuko was exactly like he remembered her. She was extremely short, which was rich, coming from him. He wasn't exactly tall, yet he found himself looking down at her from time to time. Not that he was bragging or anything, it was only two or three inches. 
 
Her dark brown hair had definitely grown. Last he'd seen her, she had cut it to her shoulders, immediately regretting it and complaining about it for weeks. Now it was almost waist-length. Asuko could have been described as one of those doll-like girls. Pink lips, rosy cheeks, and a button nose. But those types of girls usually wore loads of makeup to complete that look. Takeru could say for certain he wore more make up than Asuko, and the only thing on her face was a little bit of mascara, lip gloss, and a sly smile. Her eyes, usually wide and full of curiosity, were hazy looking and Takeru could tell she was completely drunk.

When took a seat beside her, he could tell she knew who he was. She looked at him briefly, then turned back to hter drink. Stopped. Looked back. Cocked her head a little. Then realization dawned on her face. She looked at him in the eyes, probably searching them for some trace of familiarity. She recognized it, and flashed a beautful smile. She took good care of her teeth, he noticed, but then again, she had a bit of an OCD with them.

"Hey," she said, "Takeru! From highschool, right? I totally remember. Long time, no see, Mr. Celebrity-Man."

He let out a small laugh, surprised to find himself a little relieved she recognized him. It would have been embarrassing, if she didn't. "Yeah, I guess you could call me that. How have you been?"

She smiled and gave a little giggle. She was feeling good, obviously. "I've been better. I hate these kinds of places. They're too crowded and I hate all the people," she told him, pointing a finger at him. She took a sip of her drink. "The only reason I'm here is because my friend - you remember Kaneko, right?- anyway, she was lonely and felt the need to drink her sorrows away... or some like that. I think someone dumped her, but I don't remember anymore. I've had about five of these, and they're absolutely delicious, do you want one?"

Takeru laughed at her mindless babble. He supposed she really didn't know what she was saying, otherwise she wouldn't have sworn. Asuko hardly swore when he knew her in highschool, and he assumed she wouldn't take up the habit. They continued talking like this for a while. Mostly about their work and family. What he gathered was that she she worked in a insturments store. Her mother and father were still well, but they live out in the quiet country, so she didn't see them that often. He told her about where he's been, where he's going, and about each of the band members. He made sure to tell her about all the funny things that happened, and tried to make her laugh as much as possible. In all honesty, Takeru missed these kinds of conversations. She was easy to talk to, even when drunk, and it was something that made Takeru happy.

Soon, Asuko realized the time, and seemed to panic. "Ah, it's already quarter to one... where is that girl?" She start to look around for her friend but when she couldn't find her, she came back to that bar. "Hey, Takeru, will you be a babe for me and give me a ride?" Takeru, or course, was far too drunk to drive, but thats what Shinpei, the designated driver, was for. Takeru wanted to bring her home, feeling that it was the gentlemanly thing to do (after getting her number and her address for future uses), but she refused to go home, saying she wanted to see his 'Mr. Rich Man' house.
 
So he took her home. While giving her the grand tour, she oohed and aahed. Shinpei went home after Asuko insisted she should stay. After all, work only started at nine thirty, and she could just catch a cab to work. Takeru agreed, telling him it'll bee like a sleepover.
 
"Yes, I totally love sleepovers," Asuko said with a pokerface, before she started to giggle, Takeru laughing right along with her.  
 
Shinpei complied, shaking his head in pity, and Takeru set up a bed for her in the living room.
 
"Hmm, cozy," she slurred at him, which they both found to be very funny. They giggled again for a while, before she stopped abruptly. "Oh, something..."
 
"What is it?"
 
"...cozy..." she whispered, but he didn't catch the whole thing.
 
"What'sit, Asuko-san?" Takeru asked curiously. He was sure she said something.
 
Asuko wrapped her arms around his neck, pulling him down, so she could whisper in his ear, "I said that I'd rather see how cozy your bed is."

Takeru froze. Was she...? Takeru turned his head to the side, and felt her neck against his face. She was giving off such a nice smell, and he sat still for a moment, feeling her tracing patterns on his back. When she finally leaned back, she gave him those eyes and smirked a little at him. "What do you say, Takeru-kun?"
 
In the next couple of moments, he found his lips against hers, tasting something sweet and fruity. He found himself running his fingers through her hair, and picking her up to show her just how cozy his bed was.
--

Asuko POV.

Everybody knows that meeting a person you knew from high school is awkward.

It's especially awkward when you wake up next to a person you knew in high school. Asuko knew who the man was as soon as she woke up. It was hard to miss the blonde, brown and blue hair. The piercing under his soft thin lips. It was Takeru. Asuko had slept with Takeru.

Needless to say, it was an accident. They had both been terribly drunk, she had assumed. The hard pounding in her head told her that much.
 
For a second she lay there, staring. He looked like a child when he slept. He was also warm. She could have stayed there forever if it wasn't for the given situation.

She turned her attention from Takeru's face to the rest of the room. Surely this wasn't her house, nor was it some crappy hotel. It was far too nice, far too expensive. The room was colourful and modern looking, there were pictures all over the walls. It seemed like a room Takeru would have, she mused, and the rest of the house was probably just as lavish. He was a celebrity, after all. This was when it really clicked.

She was in a celebrities house. In a celebrities bed. . She wasn't supposed to be here. She had to leave and leave quickly. The brunette carefully rose from the bed, trying her hardest to make no sound. Luckily, Takeru was a heavy sleeper and didn't wake up. She crept around the house, gathering her clothing that was scattered everywhere and putting it on as quickly as she could. The girl was quite sore, she noticed, but it wasn't bad. She then heard a loud buzzing - that of an alarm clock - and, soon after, there were footsteps. The alarm shut off.

She panicked.


Asuko rushed to around the house, looking for the exit. She was running her fingers through her own hair, trying to untangle any knots. To anyone else, she must have looked like a lunatic from the way she was running around the house, hands in hair, like a lunatic. She had absolutely no clue as to where she was going. She opened random doors only to find pantries and closets packed full with clothes and shoes and other acessories. Asuko realized that he was more feminine than her when it came to the amount of clothing he had. She almost laughed. It was so like Takeru to be so fashionable.

She turned another corner, only to find herself in a room she had already explored. It was another bedroom - a guest room, she assumed. The only door in the room was the one she had entered. There wasn't even a closet. She heard footsteps behind her, louder this time. Why was she was running away from him like he was trying to kill her? She knew she would be embarrassed, thats why.

She didn't like being embarrassed.

She turned around, hoping to sneak out before the man saw her. As she turned around, she caught a glimpse of Takeru turning the corner into the room.

Too late to save herself from embarrassment, now.

"Asuko." Takeru nodded in her direction. A simple greeting for somebody you just slept with.

"Uh... hi?" she said timidly. She found herself wondering what you're supposed to say to a person you just hooked up with. After all, she hadn't done it before.

He handed her a a small object. A black and gold studded purse. Her purse. "You forgot this in the room," he said plainly.

"Uh... sorry." She didn't really know what she was apoligizing for, but it felt right. She wanted to say something else, but she couldn't figure out what. 'Oh, sorry I slept with you last night. It was an accident. I promise I'll never do it again.' Yeah, that'll work. Good one, Asuko.

She took the small purse awkwardly, making sure not to touch Takeru's hands. When she had the purse in her hands, there was a long silence. He suddenly turned around and walked away.
 
"Wanna eat something?" she heard him ask.

"Yeah," she said. She wasn't really going to stay, was she? No. She had to work. Her boss was going to kill her. She was already half an hour late. Asuko lead herself to the dining room, a room she had walked through three times while she was looking for the door to leave.

Asuko sat down. There was some clanking in the kitchen. It took her a minute before she decided what to do. She had to leave and had to leave now. She felt horrible. She didn't expect to be treated to a meal when she was obviously trying to run away.

Making no noise, the petite girl rose from her seat. Silently, she slid out of the room and found her way to the front door. She slipped on her shoes, and with one last look behind her, she shut the door.

--

When she arrived at work her boss and co-workers were surprisingly understanding about her tardiness.

"You were pretty damn drunk last night," was all they really said when she told them she slept in. It wasn't a lie, but she still felt guilty. They shouldn't have been so understanding with her. She was a bad person, for sure. She was a liar and a mean human being. She didn't want to leave Takeru, she just had to.

She was a victim of circumstance. She told herself that. But she wasn't falling for her own excuses, anyway. She should have left a note or something.

She worked as a cashier for a shop that sold instruments. Her best friend, Kaneko, also worked there. Kaneko was average height, though much taller than Asuko. She was curvy and had short red hair that came down to her chin in a million layers. She was also a walking encyclopedia of music. Needless to say, she was the reason people bought instruments in this place. She was nice to look at, fun to be around and could make the worst instrument in the store seem like gold.

The store they worked in, Be Sharp, was pretty well known amongst musicians in the area. Probably because of the clever name more than anything. The store had been in business for God knows how long and wasn't about to shut down any time soon. Asuko liked her job. People played music in the back, but it was never too loud or annoying. The customers were usually polite, and she enjoyed all of her co-workers.

"So," Kaneko said, suddenly appearing beside her friend at the counter. "What happened with Takeru last night? You just up and left the bar, didn't say goodbye or anything. I saw you walking away with him, you know." She blew a bubble with her pink bubblegum, snapping it in her friend's face before giving a little suggestive giggle. 

Asuko merely rolled her eyes. "I was looking for you. I couldn't find you so I left with Takeru. And... I don't really remember anything after that." Asuko turned away from Kaneko to serve a customer. Kaneko raised her eyebrows behind Asuko until she turned around again.
 
Asuko rolled her eyes again, but told her everything that had happened that morning and everything she assumed had happened the previous night.

"So... you left? That's it? No note or anything?" Kaneko stared at her friend with wide eyes.

"Nope... no note. Now I'm sorta wishing I'd left one, though. I feel bad. I should have done something. He was gonna make me breakfast..." she put a small hand to her forehead.

"He was gonna make you breakfast!?" Kaneko was shouting now. A few customers looked at her like she was crazy. "Girl. Girl. Girl, one-night-stands do not consist of fancy houses and breakfast." She slapped the counter, startling Asuko, "You completely missed out." She slapped the counter again and walked away to a help a slightly confused looking customer.

Damn it, Asuko thought, damn it all.
 
--
 
... Comment? :D