It's My Turn To Cry

My Turn To Cry

Kyungsoos POV

 

I've been sitting on the tree branch that gave a perfect view of Kyung Mi's living room for the past 3 hours without blinking. The old man insists that I should keep my eyes on her at all times in case of any ambushes, but this is nothing but torture to me.

 

My eye twitches in anger as I see Sunggyu sneak up behind her, greeting her with a back hug and kiss on the cheek combo as she smiles gracefully. I cant take it anymore. I felt the same exact way as I did when I suprised her with my hug back when I was worried.

 

I couldnt torture myself any longer so I looked the other way and closed my eyes to rest. Thoughts of her popped in my head, thoughts of having her in my arms.. Its not fair. Its not fair at all. I'm definitely better than Kim Sunggyu. I have bigger eyes than that grandpa!

 

"Haha! Stop it! That tickles!" I heard her angelic voice as she laughs. "Sunggyu!" 

 

"Oh! It's Kyungsoo Oppa!" an eye popped open at the mentioning of my name. I opened both eyes when I saw her waving at me. I tried my best to force a smile. She motioned to 'come down' and I shook my head no.

 

"Oh come on! That tree is uncomfortable. And its freezing outside. You're going to get sick, Kyungsoo!" 

 

"Fine." I grumbled as I jumped down. She came outside to greet me while Sunggyu followed her. "Kyungsoo! I havent seen you in awhile." she said. Well I've seen you everyday, Kyung Mi ah..

 

She swung an arm around my neck and ruffled my hair. 

 

"Yah! Stop touching him.." Sunggyu yelled. I didnt know why but every time Kyung Mi and I touch, it sets me on fire. I wanted to break the contact angrily because it reminds me that I cant have her.

 

When she let go I avoided eye contact with her. She read me like a picture book and stood to where I was looking, making us look into each others eyes. She giggled making my heart flutter, so I looked down and shoved my hands in my pocket.

 

"Whats wrong? You missed me didnt you." she ruffled my hair again. "Your hair grew a bit.. It looks nice."

 

Sunggyu cleared his throat making Kyung Mi glare at him. "Yeobo, why dont you go get ready for your classes today. Since I have the day off, I'll take Kyungsoo around."

 

"No." he said. I clenched my fist in anger. 

 

"Sunggyu... " she walked up to him and they quietly mumbled to each other. "I dont like him, Kyung Mi." I heard him say.

 

"Well I do. He's my friend" my heart breaks at the use of friend, I'll never get her now.. "You have class. I'm just going to take him around.. Okay? Dont you trust me?" she asked. "I do. But I dont trust him." 

 

I gritted my teeth trying to control myself from destroying his existence in the world but he disappeared after giving Kyung Mi a kiss before he walked into the house.

 

"Kyungsoo.." she said my name for the 3rd time. "Hmm?" 

 

"Whats wrong with you today.. Are you okay? Are you sick?" her hand came up to my cheek to check my temperature. I flinched and turned my head the other way to avoid the contact.

 

"Whats wrong? You're not like yourself today..." she said in a worried tone.

 

"I-I'm fine." I lied. Thousands of needles pinched my heart and I felt like crying but I shouldn't. No. Im not okay. Because I want you. But I cant have you.

 

"Here. How about this? I dont have classes today. I'll take you around! The town looks really pretty in the afternoon. The Christmas lights make it really nice, I'll show you around to get your mind off of things." she offered.

 

I nodded slowly. "Okay, wait for me out here. I'm going to go change, I'll  be quick. Dont freeze up!" I watched her happily bounce into the house. And when she came out, she came out looking like the Princess she is. Her hair was perfectly curled in swirls and she was dressed in a fluffy white winter coat.

 

"Here, you can borrow these so that your hands wont freeze." she handed me a pair of black mittens. "Theyre Sunggyus. He was nice enough to let you borrow them, haha.." 

 

Sunggyu.. I twitched in anger at his name. "No thanks. I'm fine. I got pockets."

 

"Oh.. Okay.. I guess thats okay." she looked disappointed. "Well lets get going!"

 

~~

 

I listened to her talk about how her life has been going after she left for Earth. Little did she know, I already know what has been happening because I was watching her the whole time as a mission and  never left her in the first place. 

 

"My cooking classes are so fun. The Professor said that I was the best out of the class" she proudly said. I couldnt help but smile and be happy for her.

 

"I've been seeing Youngjae around the University oddly, I never knew that he goes there. Sunggyu's classes are on the oppisite side of the campus so it's scary to walk over there after my evening classes. But classes are classes, I cant do anything about that." You shouldn't worry because I'll always be right behind you to protect you.

 

"Maybe one day I can make you something to eat! This one time I was grilling some salmon-" and you burnt it because you were watching a Korean drama, Kyung Mi.

 

"-and I was watching a new episode of Heirs. So I burnt the salmon on accident! It was hilarious!" I was there. I know... 

 

"That sounds unpleasant. You sure are clumsy." I said.

 

"Omo.. Its 5" she looked at her watch. "Come on! We have a show to catch!" she grabbed my hand and led me out of the cafe. "Your hands are freezing, Kyungsoo!" she exclaimed making me yank my hands away from her, nervously.

 

"Here. You can have my gloves. My hands will be cold either way.." she chuckled.

 

I reached out for her white gloves and stuck them on my hands. "T-Thanks." 

 

"Kyungsoo.. Now that you have the privilege of becoming human again.. How come you're not enjoying it? I never see you anymore.. You should start living here. It would make me miss you less" she softly said.

 

"Because Im afraid that the more I see you, the more I want you." Of course I didnt say that, I would be crazy if I did. "Well I would miss being home.. So I'll just stay with the boys.." I lied. I was watching you the whole time.

 

"Look look! The show is starting!" she eagerly patted my arm.

 

"Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to the Winter Wonderland show! Today we have a special event coming up! First we have a short skit for you all. Please enjoy." the MC announce.

 

The lights turned off in the courtyard while the crowd anticipated and when the spot light landed on  the center of the stage, the crowd ooed and ahhed.

 

"100 Years ago, our ancestors in Korea set upon the great Tae Baek San Mountains. Princess Gyeo Ul had met a handsome Prince named Dong soo. They were both from familes that hated each other. Through all of the hardships, they fell in love." the narrator speaks as the actor and actress moves to the narration.

 

"Dong soo, you know that I love you.. I know you love me too. But the heavens forbid us to be together." the Princess said. The storyline had perfect fit into what I was feeling.

 

"I know Gyeo Ul . But we can be together if you just trust me..." the Prince begged.

 

"How will I trust you? How do you know if the Heavens wont break us apart?" the Princess asked.

 

"If it snows right now, that will be the signs that the Heavens approve our relationship." the Prince holds her hand. I was anticipating the result of the couple when I felt a cold drop on my cheek followed by more. The crowd was suprised that it actually snowed. I held my hand out to catch the snowflakes. Wait somethings not right.

 

I looked at Kyung Mi and she smiled at me. She put a finger on her lips to tell me to keep it a secret. So this was her doing.

 

The crowd applaused at the MC and the actor and actress bowed. "Oh my god it actually snowed!" he said. "And that is the skit! The royal couple sealed the promise with a kiss and now they will be together forever."

 

"Now lets search the crowd for some young couples to do the same! Come on now. Do we got any young engaged couples out there?!" the crowd looked around and so did I. But when I saw everyone looking at me, I felt a pang of fear and nervousness.

 

"What a cute couple! Now lets make your wishes come true. Seal it off with a kiss!" the MC said. I looked at Kyung Mi, heres your chance Kyungsoo. This is so wrong..

 

Kyung Mi smiled and waved her hands to motion 'no' 

 

"Kiss kiss kiss kiss!" the crowd chanted. I gulped before grabbing her cheek so she would face me. I shut my eyes and leaned in for a kiss while the crowd roared. Her soft lips that I could only dream of, felt like drugs.I kept wanting more but after a couple of seconds she pushed my chest slightly to break us apart.

 

She seemed flustered and frustrated that it looked so attractive. I wanted to grab her and kiss her again but I fought every last urge to.

 

After the short parade was over, I walked her home, holding her hand. Surpisingly she didnt fight against it. After the kissing incident, Kyung Mi became very silent. She stopped making me stop as we both faced each other.

 

"About earlier-" we both say.

 

"You go first..." Kyung Mi said.

 

"About earlier.. I'm sorry I didnt mean to offend you."

 

"I understand.. The crowd was pressuring us anyways.." Kyung Mi said. Silence fell between us and I felt fear strike upon me.

 

"Kyungsoo.." she said.  

 

"Hm?" I looked up at her and she had an expression on her face that I didnt ever want to imagine to see.

 

"Nevermind. Thanks for walking me home. Good night!" she said. Something in me grabbed her and turned her around. Once more I pulled her into my arms. This time she rejected me and tried to push me away but I tightened my grip.

 

"Kyungsoo! You're hurting me!" I let go right away and recieved a big slap to the face.

 

"What is wrong with you!" she asked.

 

"I-..." i was speechless as I held my cheek. "You! You're making me feel this way!" I yelled.

 

"Me? What do I have to do with what you're feeling! You've been acting so weird lately!" she yelled.

 

"Its because.. Its because I've been falling in love with you!" I confessed. "I know I cant be with you.. I keep telling myself that but it doesnt work.. My body keeps wanting you. But you have Sunggyu.. I know that.. I think I need a break..I need a break from you." I turn around to leave when her hand grabbed my wrist.

 

"Kyungsoo, dont leave." her voice started to crack making my insides twist and churn.

 

"I have to. I need to stay away from you."  

 

"You cant leave.. I cant live without you... You're my....best friend " she begged.

 

"And thats what I'll only be.. You know that. And I know that too." I heartbreakingly responded.

 

"That doesnt mean you have to leave..." I heard her sniff. I turned around to meet her crying face. This wasnt suppose to happen. She is crying because of me.

 

"If you want me to stay, you have to be with me." I asked her, afraid that she will reject my proposal.

 

"I'm sorry, Kyungsoo... But I- I cant.. I love Sunggyu.." Kyung Mi gulps to stop her from crying but it fails and I start to break down in front of her. A tear slips down her cheek before she knows it as my warm hand cups her cheek to swipe the tear out of the way.

 

"Dont cry.. It's my turn to cry.." I said as the tears rush down my face.

 

"Kyungsoo, please..." I heard her behind my back. I opened the portal back to Heaven and walked in with no regrets. I held onto the gloves she gave me and cried harder than I have ever cried.

 

Dont cry.. Its my turn to cry, Kyung Mi.

 


Well here it is! Poor Kyungsoo :( I will make additional spinoffs to the story. Please give me some feedback! I'd love to hear your ideas! Any requests? -K.L

 

Have a Merry Merry Christmas :) Stay warm out there! -K.L

He is ruining my bias -.-

Btw, what do you guys think about Sunggyus new hair? I think its kinda cute.  But I like his long hair better

tumblr_mxx817o6dd1spypu2o1_500.png

LOL KYUNGSOO WHY 

tumblr_mxxm6gcyOE1sgjkljo1_500.png

MERRY CHRISTMAS :3