She Doesnt Know That I Exist

Unknown Lover
NOW

I was just waken up by noisy sounds outside of my room

"Why, Reene??!" I shouted to the owner of the noises

"HAPPY B'DAY, .....!!!!"

"But it is still 6th, not 7th, Ree ..."

"Remember what subject we have today? Mr. Killer. And it means Thursday, 7th of September!!! Congratulation, Babe!!!!"

I check my calendar. Ugh, its true. My b'day. I wonder that Reene can celebrate it in better way than this. I get down from my cozy bed then open the door for her.

Reene brings a bday cake, ".....-ah!! Happy b'day!!!"

I smile weakly to her,"Thank you, Reen..."

She cut me, she's in hyper mode now,"Nah, now blow your candy!!! Make a wish!!!"

I see the cake, then imagine what I need now then blow the candle

"Eh, .....-ah, dont forget to wish a boyfriend!!!" she pinches my cheek

I pout. This is the 3rd time she says so at my birthday wish. I dont have any intention of boyfriend, tbh

"Reen, I dont need it now"

"But I swear you will need one this year"

"For senior year's prom? We dont have to have a boyfriend then"

"No, not like that. Ah ... that's just too hard to explain. Later you see why"

"Aigoo, Reen ... lets wishing the best for me. Boyfriend will come in the right time. I am sleepy now. Bye" I leave her, back to my bed

-***-

In the morning, after I wake up, I see a boy. It's, ehm, quite weird that a boy lives here because the house is girls' boarding house. Before I ask him, he has gone to somewhere. I try to look for him but I find nobody.

Later I ask Reene whether she looked a boy around the house. She doesnt know that a boy lives there. I start to think that I can defeat Reene in gossiping since finally I have found out thing that Ree doesnt know.

That day my school lasts like other days. The difference, I get home soon because I havent done the task for this afternoon's class

I see the boy again! I cant spend more time only looking at him, I ask him

"Who you?"

"Eh? Daesung imnida... and you?"

"...... . What r u doing here? This is girls' boarding house"

"I help my mom and dad in cleaning this house. Pls take care of me" he smiles.

"Oh ... I see ... mm, anyway, I need to go back to my room, I have something important to do. Bye" I leave him climbing upstairs to my room.

Anyway, since when did the owner of this boarding house have a son?

-***-

I am typing my essay when someone knocks my door. Impossibly it turns out into Daesung

"Uh ... how can i help you?" I ask him

"Nothing ... um, can we have a talk?"

"After this assignment is done, okay?"

Daesung nods like a cute puppy. Not caring about his expression, I close the door

-***-

9 pm. My evening classes were usually normal. Except that opera-like show for English. Nobody can arrange the song except me. I got no choice except arranging the song for class. It is for next week, so I have to start arranging it tonight. Heavily I walk to rooftop, bringing my lovely guitar there. Usually inspirations will come in unexpected place.

After I sat for 5 minutes, someone tapped my shoulder

"Ree?" I mumbled

"No. Daesung" he smiles till his lips divides his face onto 2 parts. Then he sits beside me,"What do you do here?"

"I do my arranging song task"

"Jinjja? Woah, great ... "

"Thanks" I murmured

"So, what kind of song you will arrange? Happy? Sad?"

"I think it's gotta be sad ... you know, for King Lear"

"I see, I see ... what tracks will u arrange?"

I take out a piece of paper which listed my songs,"These are all songs I have to arrange. K, well, I'll start with the first one" I point a title

Daesung listens like a cat and nods in every high notes on my plays. It's not dangerous but creepy. I try to let my insecure feels go.

At the end of my arrangement, Daesung claps

"Great, ...-ah. But since the singer is not a professional singer, I prefer taking E as starting rather than G"

"But the singer's voice is strong enough to sing in G!!" I feel offenced with his saying

"This is not about strong or not, almost 90% of amateur succeed in E because they'd get stronger feeling"

"Excuse me??"

"I bet you have never had a love story before since you get no feeling abt the difference in G and in E for this song"

"How dare you ---"

"Before you start arranging that song, I bet you are a cold woman whose no feeling to man"

"I am not that kind of woman!!! I love someone, u know??!!"

"Who is that? I dont believe it"

These latest words keep banging in my head. Even myself doesnt believe that I am loving someone. As long as I live, I only loved one guy. That guy to whom I trusted, I shared my stuffs, I believed in everything, and he is also the one who betrayed me. His reason? It is normal to get bored of a girl LIKE ME. Yeah. Like me, I didnt pronounce it wrongly. We ended our everything over my tears and desperation and a believing that all guys are still same

"Why dont you answer me? You have none, huh?"

"Why should I tell it to you?"

"You seem lied to me"

"Is that important knowing my love story?"

"You are having no feels at all" Daesung sighed,"Nah, I have a story. You want to hear?"

I nod. Not because I am interested but because I can kick him off the roof if he interrupts me once again

"So, one day there was a couple of lovers. These two are really in love - they spend their time together and there was no secret among them. The boy is someone who is hard in opening his mind with the world, didnt let his little girl interacting with world. The girl was an opposite of the boy. She loved to make friends with others. Both knew this. The boy tried to endure his possesive feeling and the girl tried not to make friend with other boy as she could. But, they are being FAKE in order making their couple happy. Yeah, but they have tried their best to satisfy the beloved one. As a result, slowly these two got bored of each other and wanted to end their relationship. Their 'love' word is followed by 'but i feel pity on you', which makes this relationship become such a burden for them. Fortunately ..."

"Fortunately what?"

"Their relationship ended"

"Good for them"

"Does this mean sth for you?"

"No"

"Jinjja?"

"Seriously"

"Isnt it how your relationship lasted?"

I am getting choked up. How ??

"I was happy with him and we broke because we finally decided to go to different school in different country!!"

"You two insisted to end the relationship bcs you were unhappy.."

"Shut up!!!"

"Jiyong, your ex, was accepted here but he decided not to go in - and you were accepted in Japan too but you dont go there even that university is much better"

"You idiot, he was accepted in a major he doesnt like - so did I"

"Public relation, huh? It is what he signed up for in Sophia University, ....-ah! Your relationship is worse than I thought, I feel very pity toward you"

I really cant handle my emotion,"What's the point of this conversation?!"

He replied,"I will be better than Jiyong, ....!!!"

"What do you actually want??" I really tired in talking with this bunch of . I think kind owners of this house will have a great attitude

"Remember that I will be here loving you and protecting you even you dont want it, as long as I want to, I will"

"You crazy!!!" I run into my room

I really get no point of this conversation. How could he know Jiyong? He judged me as if he's a God. Even the real God doesnt judge me in that way. Ugh.

Eh, I opened Reene's room instead of mine. She was eating a cup noodle and playing Point Blank before she takes a look on me

Reene leaves her Point Blank,"Omona, dear, what happens?"

"Remember when I said about a boy in this house?"

"Hm-mh?" she munches her noodle

"He is crazy! He judged me about my relationship with my ex! How could he..??!!!"

Reene put her pointing finger on my lips,"Sshh, .... , we will talk about this tomorrow. Look at you, you need your beautiful sleep"

"But I -"

"I probably have something important to say, but I cant say it now"

"Why?"

"Because I love you!!! Hehe!!! It's not good for saying about bad things on someone's b'day. Meet me in cafetaria at 9 AM, I will tell you"

"Why dont you just do it here in next morning?"

"Because .... it is not appropriate. Do my rule or get nothing"

I really know that Reene cant make a better deal with her do-my-rule-or-not. Probably she's true, I need my beautiful sleep. I leave Reene and go to my own room.

-***-

As we have dealt of, we meet in cafetaria

. "This is about the boy you met in our house"

"Ohh..."

"I wish he couldnt know that we talk abt him here"

I laugh at Reene. She becomes very stupid because her fear of getting known by person she talks about

"How could Ree? This place is very far away from him!"

"Ugh ... I dont know how to say this"

"You lied - you always know that you are the best in gossiping. You weird "

"No, not that. This is extraordinary case"

"Is that because he is not our friend?"

"Of course not! He is a ghost!"

I feel like someone has just shot my head

"Ghost??!"

Reene took a long breath. Then she continued

"He was killed in motorcycle accident when he was 17, 5 years ago ... err, actually he wasnt killed directly. He was taken care in hospital first, even he had been back in home. But the undetected bleeding in his brain ended his life soon after he stayed in his home for a week"

"Oh God ... eojorago??!"

"You can decide it by yourself, ....-ah. As a ghost, I much prefer rather than normal guys"

"Are you crazy?"

"Aniya ... I've made friend with him and he's one of the best guy I've known" "You crazy. Where did you know this, Ree?"

"As a friend he shared what he knew with me. Just like us"

"When did you?"

"Err ... 3 years ago"

"What else you know?"

"Everything"

Reene tells me everything about Daesung. I shocked till I dont know what to do. Oh God, my Reene, Daesung, I ---

A girl suddenly patted my shoulder,"...., the man over there wants to give this message to you," she pointed at the corner of cafetaria

I dont notice her. I read his writing

Now you know everything about me. How about a 2nd chance? ;) - DS

-***-

Perhaps u will understand my messy fics. If you dont I will make a part for explanation. Dont be shy to put anything for me on writable box below ▼ anyway, thanks for reading ^^