Stare

Stare - Myungsoo

Pulling the door open to the book store, you were hit with the smell of ink and paper as a smile curled onto your lips. Looking around the store you saw the signs that sat on top of the shelves, reading each one carefully, your feet slowly carried you to your favorite section.

Manga.

With your eyes scanning hundreds of books to find the one series that you were reading. A guy stood there already looking at the next book as he flipped through it, skimming the words occasionally. Moving around him, you stood on the tips of your toes as your fingers reached up to the books, getting one in your grasp, you pulled it down happily. The guy looked over his shoulder as he read the cover of the book that you just pulled.

Black Destiny.

His eyes widened as he was shocked at your choice of reading. It was a newer series but it was a darker and colder book than the ones that he was reading. His eyes moved back to his book as you looked over at him, scanning his figure. He was in all black as he bit his bottom lip gently before shifting his eyes over to you.

"Sorry I don’t mean to stare." He said softly as he put his book back up on the shelf then turned to you.

"That is ok, a lot of people stare at me." You said as you lifted your eyes up from your book.

"I think that they stare at you for a good reason though." He said as you lowered your eyes to your book as your cheeks tinted with a light shade of pink. "I’m Kim Myungsoo." He bowed to you as you bowed back.

”_____ _______” You introduced yourself as he smiled at you before slipping his hands into his pockets.

"Is that your favorite series?" Myungsoo asked as you nodded your head. "What books do you have?"

"I actually just come here to read them, since I can’t buy them. There are too many." You said as you pulled another book off of the shelf.

"I think that you should start with book one then." Myungsoo said as he grabbed book one then the rest of the series. "This will keep you occupied for a while." He said with a smile as you looked at him confused.

"What do you mean?" You asked as you set the book back on the shelf.

"May I buy this series for you?" He asked with kind tone as he looked at you softly.

"Yo- You would do that for me?" You pointed to yourself as your eyes got wide causing him to giggle and look down at the mountain of books in his hands. He nodded his head softly as his lips parted to show his sweet toothy smile.

"Then I would have to do something for you." You said shyly as he pulled the rest of the series off of the shelf.

"I am sure that you will have plenty of time to pay me back." He said softly. Helping him carry the books to the check-out counter. Following through with his offer, he received two big bags full of your books as he carried them out of the store.

"Now where can we go where we can read all of these books." Myungsoo asked as you looked around as the sun warmed you up as you smiled at him.

"How about the park, it is a perfect day for reading under the trees don’t you think?" You asked as he nodded. Both of you walked into the park as a slight breeze blew gently through the leaves.

Finding a tree with a large trunk, you sat on the grass as you patted the space next to you as he sat down beside you. Pulling out the first book, you started to read it happily as you leaned over your knees. Myungsoo leaned on his arm as he looked over your shoulder and read the book along with you.

After a few pages, you felt someone inch closer and closer to you, ignoring it the first few times but soon you couldn’t take it any longer.

"Myungsoo?" You asked as you looked over your shoulder as he was so close that you could hear his breath.

"Hmmm?" He asked as he turned to you. Your faces were extremely close now as your cheeks began to blush.

"Why are you reading this with me? I thought that you didn’t like this series." You asked as he moved away slightly.

"I want to read this series to get to know you better." He said in all honesty as you smiled again.

"Would you mind reading this to me?" You asked with big eyes as you held the book closer to him.

"My pleasure." He said as you took the book from you and cleared his throat before reading the book to you. Moving closer to him, you leaned your head against the tree as the warm sun heated your legs as he finished one book and started on the next. Taking turns reading one book then another, the sun began to set in the distance as you smiled at Myungsoo’s relaxing voice.

With his reading, you rested your head against the bark of the tree as you closed your eyes. Before you knew it, you were fast asleep and your head lulled to one side before moving onto Myungsoo’s shoulder. Myungsoo looked at your head on his shoulder as you slept peacefully, he stopped reading briefly to cover your eyes from the sun as he marked his spot in the book.

His eyes scanned over your sleeping face as he continued to stare at you, happy that his eyes couldn’t look away the first time that he saw you. With his heart seeing something more than your outwards appearance, he couldn’t help but stare at a beautiful being as yourself.