prolouge

C A P T I V E H E A R T S
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

"YOUR MAJESTY! IT HAS STARTED!"

 

The king look back at his daughter sleeping soundly, nestled in his wife's warmth. It was time to say goodbye and it was now. If they let her go any later, chaos will rise and the royalty will crumble.

 

"It is time to say goodbye."

"I need more time!"

"WE DON'T HAVE MORE TIME!"

"THEN MAKE MORE TIME!"

"We don't have that privilege, we need to go. NOW!"

 

The Queen went down and kissed her daughter's forehead, leaving her a long lingering kiss before handing their princess to their trusted trustees, their maid and butler.

 

"Take care of her."

"Of course your majesty."

"We will see you soon my beautiful star."

 

The Queen took off her necklace and put it on their little star. "Be safe my love." The Queen held onto her tiny little hands and felt herself unable to let go. So the King signal the two servants to leave, they were uneasy but as the Queen shook her head, not allowing them to leave, the king held her back.

 

"NO! NO! NOOO! THEY ARE TAKING MY PRECIOUS ANGEL! NOO! MY STAR, MY BEAUTIFUL STAR! I DON'T WANT HER TO LEAVE, I DON'T WANT HER TO LEAVE HER HOME! LET GO HONEY, LET ME G—"

 

She momentarily stop when she heard a cannon being fired.

 

"No... No... This can't be happening... No..."

"She will be safe. I have hired guards to watch over her so if anything were to happen, they will report it back to us."

"..."

"She will be leaving us forever, she will come back, this is where she belongs."

"..."

"I need to go back to my spot, I need to command my troops. We are in battle and this will not stop until one side wins."

 

When the King got up, the Queen quickly grab onto his cape, stopping him from taking a step. She look up at her husband with her tear-stained face.

 

"I know you don't like me, I know you only wedded because your rival took something valuable from you and I don't blame you. But can't you embrace me just this once? My heart is torn out of my chest and my tears are streaming down like a river. My love, will you not embrace your wife?"

 

He remain emotionless as he look down at her, meeting her eyes before he bend down to plant a kiss on her forehead. He felt her hands release his cape so he made his way to the door.

 

"Do you know the one thing I will regret for the rest of my life?"

 

He stop to listen, it was just the two of them in the room but it felt like the entire world was caving on him. Other than his loyal knight standing guard outside the door, she didn't care who was there so she poured her heart out.

 

"It finally dawned on me that I won't be there for her when she calls me, I won't be there to embrace her, I won't be there to give my love as a mother to her like how I did with our son and above all, I will not be there to watch her grow into a beautiful young lady."

 

He turn around to face her depressed state.

 

"You speak as if you are going to die. Stop this nonsense, no one is dying. Our daughter is safe faraway from here. If you want her back home, just give us the word and I will send word for her to come home. But now, we are at war so please, go to our safe place and await for our good news."

 

Without stalling, the King quickly left the room with his entourage. He knows that his daughter is safe so there was no need to worry about her the way his wife did so he left the room quickly. Fastening his armour that was prepared before-hand, his right-hand man behind him as they walk over to see rows and rows of the smoke radiating from the different parts in their land.

 

With assistance, the Queen got up with the help of her maids and looked out the window. The once peaceful land is now vibrant with flaming colours of yellow, orange, red, grey and black. The smell of lavender perished when the smell of coal released its chemicals into the air. Suffocating anyone and everyone who breathes it in.

 

"Mama... Where's my sister?"

"... She's somewhere safe... gone... faraway..."

"Mama... will she be back?"

 

The words caught in the back of her t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter