1/1

Frozen
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jimin questions Yoongi’s love of spending hours at night alone outside.

Jimin is leaning over the balcony of their dorm, looking down at the hunched over figure sitting on the curb, feet laying out into the empty street.  At least this time Yoongi seems to be bundled up warmly to keep out the cold; wrapped in scarf and winter coat, black beanie pulled tightly down over his ears.  Jimin leans his chin against his hand, bare toes curling against the cold cement as he stares. He still spends much of his time wondering what fascinates Yoongi so much about the outdoors, the intrigue curls hotly in the bottom of his belly but never makes it out of his mouth.

He doesn’t quite understand what the difference is; between being somewhere warm verse freezing in the cold night.  Why can’t the older boy stand on the balcony, or sit at the window and look outside? Why can’t he spend hours in the studio or practice room or his own bed thinking instead of outside in the cold weather?  And what is it exactly that Yoongi spends hours upon hours thinking about all alone outside?  What sort of pull does the outdoors seem to have on the older boy?  Jimin really just can’t seem to figure it out, but the need to know continues to grow each and every day that he catches the other once again curled up on the curb outside.

Jimin sighs to himself, banging his knee lightly against the balcony wall as he gets lost in thought.  He really just doesn’t get it, no matter how many times he turns the thoughts over inside his head they never line up to make any sense to him. And really there are a million different possibilities as to why it is that Yoongi chooses the outdoors over anywhere else.  Many of which Jimin has thought of before, yet still nothing adds up.

If Yoongi really feels the need to be alone why can’t he lock himself in the studio like usual?  What is so different about the thoughts he has during these moments he sits on the curb outside their door from the ones that plague him when he does lock himself away behind the locked door of their studio room, fingers wrapped around a pen as ink scribbles over white paper become something close to lyrical?  Or if he needs time to process thoughts it’s easy enough to shove headphones over his ears and go for a run.  Jimin laughs to himself the second that thought filters through his mind, Yoongi is nearly too lazy to even take a walk let alone go for a run to clear his mind.  Exercise and the older boy really just don’t mix well together.  

 “You’re going to lose your toes.” Jimin jumps at the voice, blinking rapidly as he turns to look towards the door.  His face lights up for a moment when he spots Yoongi slipping out onto the balcony and shutting the door soundlessly behind him. Jimin looks down at his toes, flexing and wiggling them slowly, they’re mostly numb but the slight tingle he still feels lets him know he’s got a little bit more time before they’re in any sort of real danger.

 “They’ll be fine,” Jimin murmurs tilting his head back to look towards the older boy when he steps closer, leaning against the wall beside him.  “You seem to be warm enough,” Jimin trails off slowly, knowing that Yoongi finds his incessant worrying annoying at times.  He bites at the corner of his mouth, fingers curling into the hem of oversized sweatshirt and shivering wh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter