Chapter 1: How it All Started

Only A Number

On a hot day in December, a boy is spotted sitting in the park when suddenly a voice calls out to him. "Minho ah!" His mother came running to him and embraced him quickly. "Where have you been?" The boy just stayed quiet and smiled back at his mother. "You came." 

 

10 Year Later- Minneapolis, Minnesota

A young girl had just turned fourteen was going to the Mall of America with her best friend Anh and Tina. Her cousin Linh was taking there to meet Kim Jong Kook. These girls were so excited that they were going to see the mighty and gentle Kim Jong Kook. Vy couldn't contain her excitement, she just kept yelling randomnly saying "Saranghaeyo!" 

What they didn't know was that there was a SM Entertainment person there who was looking to start a Vietnamese girl group, but that group had to have knowledge of kpop.

~At the Kim Jong Kook fan meet

"We're finally here!" Vy excitedly told her cousin. Her cousin wasn't a fan of Kim Jong Kook at first, but through Vy's constant persuasion, they were both Kim Jong Kook fans.

Anh scanned the room and said, "Look! There he is!" They all tried to get closer. Then suddenly a man and woman wearing black clothing appeared. 

"Are you guys Vietnamese?" The lady asked.

We all nodded slowly, they smiled and gave us a business card. 

Vy's POV
I could hardly believe my eyes..SM Entertainment. They told us that they wanted to create a band that could sing both Vietnamese and Korean. Assuming, we knew some Korean, they told us this. I looked at Linh and all she did was stand still. Tina was standing there nodding slowly.

"So what do you say?" The man named Matthew Kim asked us. 

All we were able to say was "Huh?" The two smiled at each other and informed us that they'd keep in contact with us. 

End of POV
 

~2 Week Later

All the things were discssed and it was decided that the four would go to Seoul with their parents and see what it was like. They all traveled there and the girls were very excited. 

~Seoul

"Welcome!" The lady who first talked to them named Kylie Lee said to us. They were all brought to the official SM Entertainment building and were brought to a conference room. 

The four girls were told to go to a different room and sit while waiting for the grown ups to talk. After hours of talking with everyone, it was decided....The girls were going to be their own band. 

~Later in their hotel room

"Anh, I'm so excited, aren't you?" 

"Of course, Linh." 

"I hope I get to meet the other kpop trainees!" Vy exclaimed while giggling.