Our Last Goodbye

Our Last Gooodbye

"Kris may you please step out of the office?"

"Uh sure."

Kris exited the office leaving you and the doctor alone. The doctor sighed and spoke, "The medication seems to be failing"

You glanced at the floor speechless.

"Time is running out. I am not sure when, but I know it's pretty soon."

"Are you sure there is no other cure?"

The doctor shook his head. "I am sorry, but there is nothing else we can do."

You nodded and stood up bowing at the doctor and exited the office. Kris spotted you and paced towards you. "What did he say?"

You shook your head. "Nothing important. Let's just go home. I am exhausted"

"Okay." Kris suspected something is wrong, but did not bother bring it up.

 

On the way home, Kris placed his jacket on the rack and his shoes on the floor mat. He noticed your gloomy face and questioned.  "Babe, you have been so pale-faced ever since you came out of the doctor's office. What did he tell you? Did he hurt you on some sort of way?"

"Kris, what activities would you do before your partner leaves, after you found out that their condition has no cure?"

Kris looked surprised by your blunt question. "What? Why are you asking something so sane?"

"Answer me, please..."

He rubbed the back of his neck and sat next to you intertwining your fingers with his. "I would do everything my love has always wanted, to keep her happy before she... leaves. Which I hope that won't happen."

You weakly smiled and took him to your embrace.

 

~the following week~

 

You and Kris decided to go to the beach and admire the sunset together. The whole week, the both of you have not let go off each other. Time was running out and soon everything will vanish in matter of seconds.

Kris was laying his head on your lap as you twirled your fingers through his blonde locks. Silence invaded the beautiful environment as tears rolled down your cheeks.

You glanced down your lap and noticed Kris's eyes slowly beginning to close as his body became more limp. Tears would not stop pouring as they slowly landed on Kris's cheek.

The sun set as Kris was laying unconscious on your lap.

"Sleep well my love... I... love you..." You lifted Kris's shoulders placing him on your chest as you rocked him peacefully as you sang his favorite song with tears yet pouring down.

 

You carried him to your house nearby and placed him on your bed. Wiping your eyes, you grabbed a bottle of sleeping pills from the bathroom cabinet. You poured the whole bottle as you drank the pills raw. "Kris, let's sleep together... forever."

 

That night, your relatives found the both of you unconscious on the bed on each other's embrace.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~        ***        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AN: The ending was not how I wanted it... I hope you enjoyed it!

You can leave a comment if you desire! I want to know your thoughts of this. Please do so if you wish! I don't bite! ^_^