One-Shot

Miracle of our Love

It’s a long bored day, I was lying down on the bed at first then suddenly I decides to get up and get some fresh air. I leave my laptop, grabs my MP3 player and headphone, then turn it on. I heads to the kitchen first, make a mug of warm tea then take a nice spot to enjoy the view from the balcony. It’s perfect. The calming song is playing and for the first time in the week I feel this calm, it’s been a while honestly. While enjoying the good time alone, out of the blue, I see a bird hits branch and fall. Honestly, at first I’m going to laugh but I hold it up since the bird is in pain as it fall on the ground instantly. I quickly get down from the second floor and heads to the bird, checking whether it is fine or not. It doesn’t get up, I can see it tries to get up but somehow it can’t, maybe it hits the branch too hard and broke it’s leg and wing. At the moment, I don’t know what to do. My first time having a crisis like this.

Then at the same moment too, there is a guy coming towards me. Maybe he saw what happens and try to help? Yes, indeed. He does come to help. “Is everything fine?” he ask in calm voice.

I fall in love with that voice and suddenly I’m fine now, not in the froze mood anymore cause of shock. “I don’t know, this bird needs help. Help me please” I give him an answer and beg for his help since I don’t know where’s the veterinary clinic.

“Okay, wait” He gets up and get something from his bicycle’s basket then comes back. It’s a cloth, he spreads it on the ground neatly and says “Put it carefully on this cloth, I know a veterinary clinic not far from here”.

I nods “Okay…” I instantly get into action, slowly carry it and put it on the cloth, I can see it’s in pain and actually I feel like I could feel it’s pain. Without realizing, tears’ forming from my eyes.

He carefully wrapped the bird’s with the cloth and slowly pick it up and put it in the bicycle’s basket. He turn around, “Aren’t you going to come along?” He asks me as he get on the bike.

I nods, “I’m coming” and I quickly get on the bike, behind him.

Then he slowly starts to paddle the bike. I’m scared honestly. But he’s still calm, I’m amaze with that. I’m actually sobbing as I think about the bird is in pain, “Hold me tightly, it’s going to be hard if you fall and… Don’t worry about the bird, everything’s going to be fine.” He persuades me, maybe he hears my sobs. I’m not replying just hold him tighter as he told me to. 

-After a while- 

We arrives at a veterinary clinic. As he said before, it is wasn’t far enough. How come I never know about this. This is my fault for not being sociable and get known my own neighborhood well. We get down from the bike and bring the bird into the place. It’s being treated for now in the room. Leaving us at the waiting section. We seat on the chairs provided.

He sits beside me. I’m worrying about it, I feel guilty for laughing toward it. He looks at me, “Are you okay?” he asks, then I come into my sense back.

“Yeah, I’m fine, I’m okay.” I nods.

“Don’t worry too much, I’m sure it’s fine” He smiles. His smiles melts my heart and makes me calm, for sure. I don’t know what to reply, I just smiles back. Then it’s become awkward for awhile.

Luckily, the vet comes out from the room at the moment. We instantly get up and ask the vet. “How’s the bird condition?”.

The vet smiles, “Don’t worry, it’s fine. It just need a few weeks treatment since it broke it’s wing and rest. That’s all.” I feel relieve by his reply.

“Thank you for your help.” I bows to the vet.

“It’s my duty” the vet replies and added, “Come and I’ll give you the medication and explain the treatment it need”

I smiles, “Okay” I take a look at the guy, he does not say anything yet smiles and nods. Then we follow the vet and get the information and supply need for the bird. 

 

Then, we start to take care the bird together. He come by to my house every day since then. We discuss a lot about almost everything while taking care of it. We’re following every instructions well so the bird will get better. Fortunately, the bird’s getting healthier day by day. After a fortnight passes, the bird’s surely healthy and it’s ready to be release. That evening, he comes again as usual and brings something as for the farewell for each other. Honestly, I’m happy because the bird is finally healthy now but I’m sad too because, when the bird’s gone, he won’t come here again anymore. I’m falling for him. For the moment I saw him fortnight ago. But I couldn’t say anything and just let everything happens.

 

He comes near me with a charming smile, it’s hanging on his handsome face. Seriously, it’s the most beautiful thing I ever see. “It’s the day… finally.” He says, it’s breaking my heart when he says that. He looks at the bird, “Hey my little friend, finally the day we have to say farewell is coming.” As he feeds the bird.

 

Then, when the clock struck on the 4:30 in the evening. We bring the bird out, at my backyard. “Goodbye my fellow, taking care of you for two weeks are the best weeks ever in my life” I says to the bird then I whisper something to it, I adds it secretly “Thanks to you, I’ve met a best guy ever in the world.” Indeed it’s true. He is.

 

He notices me whispering something to the bird and suddenly ask, “What do you whisper to it?”.

 

I replies it shortly, “Nothing.”

 

He smiles with my reply, “Really? Isn’t it about me?” He’s joking as he chuckles.

 

I’m chuckles too but without he’s knowing, deep in my heart, I’m saying his guess is true. It’s true.

 

“Okay, it’s time now.” He hangs something at the bird’s leg. It seems like a thing to keep a piece of letter, as it been used by the folks before technology to send letter using birds.

 

I notices it, “Hey, where’d you get that?”.

 

“This?” He shows it to me, then add, “My grandfather used to own it then he gave it to me. So now I’m giving it to our little miracle.”

 

I’m stuns for a while, trying to decode his sentences. In those not very long sentence that came out from his lips. I’m questioning him, “May I know why? And our little miracle? What do you mean by that?”.

 

I attacks him a lot of questions yet he still calms and answer all of it, “Because my grandfather used to tell me, there’s a something different he felt when the first time he saw his first love, he calls it miracle. He felt very safe, calm and fine when he saw her. It’s the same feeling I get when I saw you for the first time and yes, our little miracle, the bird. If it’s not because of the bird, I wouldn’t ever get to spend time with you everyday.” His explanations makes me tears up. He hugs me, I feel very warm in his arms.

 

“I was worrying too much that you would leave me after the bird leave.”

 

He pats my back. “I told you before right? Don’t worry, everything’s going to be fine.”

 

Indeed, he’s right. I was worrying too much. Over thinking. I let go of the warm hugs. “It’s my fault then. Both of you, are one of the most best thing ever happened in my life.”

 

He smiles. “You too” He replies. Then he take out a piece of paper. He gave it to me, it’s a small letter. It’s written. ‘I love you, E-Young. Thanks to you our miracle. We’re together now’ The letter is so beautiful. He takes the letter back and slip it into the thing between the bird’s legs. “Miracle, I’m going to say farewell now. Goodbye and have a safe trip. Spread more your miracle to other people too.” He says farewell to the bird. I’m smiling watching him.

 

Then he hand over the bird to me, it’s my turn now. “Goodbye, I’m sorry when I laughed at you when we first met. And thanks, if it's not because of you, I won’t be able to meet him, Kim Jong Hyun a.k.a JR.” I glances at him and smiles, he replies my smiles. Then we release it go, free, flying in the sky. Go everywhere it wants to. The end.