I

Teardrops

Okay.
I don't really think this has any connection to the foreword, but oh, what the hell.
Here it is, I guess. Finally. /facepalms

***

 

A stream of curses flew out of Riley's lips as she ran like the wind. Her black hair flew behind her as her eyes frantically scanned the empty hallways for any escape from the rabid mob chasing her.

That's what you get for forgetting how famous your brother is.

 

Early this morning, she’d stepped into the lecture hall a few minutes past time, causing all eyes to be on her as the lecturer said, “Please introduce yourself, young lady, so that I might know why you have the privilege of being late.” Hating to be the centre of attention, she calmly albeit hurriedly introduced herself as "Riley Philippa Henney.", completely ignorant of the fact that her maiden name and surname that was similar to a certain someone would garner such great interest in the students in the lecture.
    And thanks to the advancment in technology, a few taps on the latest smart phone had someone shouting, “She’s Daniel Henney’s sister!”

Chaos broke out, and Riley’s narrowed eyes searched the hall to find the trouble-maker who’d caused the uproar to no avail. A slam on the whiteboard had the class quieted down to a few hushed whispers. She took a seat closest to the door; she’d had an inkling as to what would happen later. She was safe, for now.

As soon as the lecturer said “That’s all for today,” Riley had burst out the door and broke into a run, the rapid footfalls not far behind her signaling that the fangirls had took chase.
 

Not looking back, she continued to run and unexpectedly turned a corner sharply, her face narrowly missing the edge as she tried to shake of her pursuers. Gritting her teeth, she pumped her legs faster as she spied at a door at the end of the corridor, almost fully hidden by another wall. Risking it, she burst through the door and shut it behind her softly, praying that they wouldn’t notice. She pressed her back against the door, chest heaving due to the abrupt race across the floors. She strained her ears, and when she didn’t hear anything, she slumped against the door and slid down to land on her . Looking heavenwards, she mentally reminded herself to make Daniel pay for this.

    “Ehem.”

 

Riley started when she heard the obviously deliberate throat-clearing. Only then did she realize she wasn’t alone. She gaped openly when she saw the owner of the voice.

 

He was gorgeous, his delicate chin and pink rosy lips making him look feminine. His skin was flawless, as smooth as porcelain. He looked like a doll: complete with the lifeless eyes. His irises were a brown so dark it was as black and empty as an abyss and they were trained at her, causing the hairs at the back of her neck to stand.

“My place.” He stated simply, his voice pleasant, musical even; a disturbing contrast with his face.

“I-I’m really sorry.” She stuttered. Her voice was hoarse in comparison and it made her cringe. “I-I needed a place to hide.” Even as the words tumbled out of her lips, it sounded lame.

His lips quirked. “Don’t we all.” He whispered softly and his eyes shifted away from her, breaking his gaze from hers, causing her eyes to wander around as well.

They were in a room of sorts, a huge window dominating the side left of the door. Rain was beating against the glass relentlessly, and the grey skies seemed to turn darker. Riley could’ve sat at the tattered window seat for hours just staring at the beautiful storm, waiting for the glorious lightning to split the skies. The other walls were crowded with various graffiti, all seemingly sprayed by the same careful hand. The room was full of discarded tables and chairs, but it had all been arranged to make space for a single chair and table to stand alone, separated from the rest. His space, it seemed. Her eyes found his again, still staring at her lifelessly.

She attempted a sheepish smile. “Sorry for intruding. It was an… emergency.”

He suddenly started shaking his head violently. “Not intruding. Visiting.”

Riley’s eyebrows shot up at his choice of vocabulary, but she kept a straight face. “Visiting.”

He nodded. “It’s my hide-out too. I’m a freak, you see.” He stated as-a-matter-of-factly, as if that should explain everything.

She nodded slowly. “Why…?”

His lips turned up slightly, and if she really tried, it could be considered a smile. “Do you have to ask?” He then looked pointedly at the door. “You should go.”

Riley turned towards the door, but paused mid-turn and faced the guy again, sticking out a hand. “I’m Riley. Nice to meet you.”

This time, his lips finally turned up in an amused smile, making him look so pretty despite the smile not reaching his dead eyes, and his brows shot up. “And they say I’m weird,” he muttered under his breath. He shook her hand briefly, but even then she could feel the unexpected calluses in his palm. “Nice to meet you too, Riley.”

A minute later she found herself out of the room, without a clue to who the guy is. He was weird all right, but unpredictable in every way. Riley grinned and shrugged. She was sure going to come back. Walking along the corridor she'd streaked across just minutes before, she passed a window and stopped in her tracks when she saw that the weather outside was sunny as ever, the bright sunlight streaming through the windows, the sky a cloudless azure blue.
 

***

Daniel was clutching his sides, literally rolling on the floor as he laughed at his sister’s rendition of her eventful day.

Riley launched a pillow at him, glaring when he ducked it easily. “It’s NOT funny.”

“It is~!” he managed to gasp out.

“How can you laugh when I was chased by YOUR rabid fangirls?? You owe me big, Daniel Philipp Henney.” She groaned, sinking further into the sofa. “Well. Atleast I won’t have to worry about making friends. Everyone will be fighting to be friends with Daniel Henney’s sister.” She muttered bitterly.

Daniel sobered immediately and picked himself off the floor before plopping down beside her. “Sorry.” He mumbled miserably.

Riley turned, and sighed upon seeing his sad eyes. “Damn, I didn’t mean to make you feel bad…” she said softly, taking his hand in hers. “It’s just… gonna take some getting used to, being the sister of a global celebrity.”

Daniel pouted and rested his head on her shoulder. “Sorry I’m famous.”

Riley burst out laughing, knocking his head. “How can you make something so bigheaded sound sincere?”

They sat in comfortable silence for a while before Riley started pushing his head off her shoulder by jerking her shoulder again and again. “Your head is so heavyyyy~” she grumbled, but he stubbornly held his ground until she gave up.

Daniel grinned. “I miss this.”

“Dude, you should get yourself a girlfriend.” She groused, but her heart softened. She knew that no matter how big of a celebrity he becomes, he was still the same sweet, sensitive goon of a brother.

The she felt a tug on her ponytail.

“Danieeellll~!” she shouted as he ran.

Still annoying too, she thought fondly albeit annoyed.

***

So...
Comment. >.<
<3