Meeting Lee Joon

Speed

Kang Soomin

I'm late! I'm late! Running out of the library, I blindly headed home. My parents will kill me if I come home late for dinner. Checking my phone for the time as I ran, I collided into someone. "Yo, watch where you're going. Are you blind or what?" I looked up to see who my victim was. Tall, dark and handsome was the definition of this man. Tall, dark, handsome, and assbutt.

"Maybe you should watch where you're standing." I muttered beneath my breath." He stooped down to get eye level with me.

"Jugeullae?" He smirked, making him even more handsome. "Do you even know who I am?"

I scoffed "Why should I?"

"I'm Lee Joon." He paused, waiting for a gasp or an apology. I wouldn't give him the satisfaction. Grabbing my phone, I stood up in the most menacing stance possible.

"Lee Joon. Cheh. Do you know who I am? I'm Kang Soomin, the toughest chick around. If you don't know my name, you better remember it because if you mess with me, I will crush you." I brought my hand up to his face and clenched it to prove my point. "So do yourself a favor and get lost." With one hand on my hip, I made a swatting motion with the other. He stared at me for a moment, dumbfounded and clearly not used to being stood up to like this. Since he didn't get lost, I did, my heart beating a thousand miles an hour as I quickly paced away. I just stood up with Lee Joon- THE Lee Joon, notorious gangster and street racer- and survived. This is my lucky day.

*****

"Yah! Soomin-ah," I looked up to see my friend Baekhee frowning at me,"What's wrong?"

"Nothing," I sighed. Nothing at all, besides the fact that I just dissed THE Lee Joon. What am I going to do? If he finds me, I'm dead.

"Stop lying," Baekhee glared, "You keep sighing, now tell me what's wrong!"

What am I supposed to say? Oh, Baekhee, guess who I met yesterday. Lee Joon. Yup, that's right. What did I do? I told him to get lost.

"YOU DID WHAT?!" Baekhee shouted, shocked. Did I say that out loud? "How could you be so stupid?! This is what happens when I leave you alone. You go off and offend the baddest badess out there!"

I jump up and cover with my hand, looking around to see if anyone heard her. Thank goodness school had already ended and the hall was almost empty. I hissed, "Baek, tell the whole world, why don't you?" Baek my hand and I released my grip, "Did you just---gross!"

"Don't change the subject! Tell me what happened," she stubbornly yelled.

I looked at the girl in front of me, all five feet one inch of her. The girl who's been with me since longer than I can remember. Staring at her, I felt my resolve to keep quiet drain out of me. I knew I couldn't keep this secret from her, but I was hoping I can delay this for a long, long time. But she knew me too well, with a sigh, I grabbed her hand and dragged her to the bench hidden behind the trees and bushes surrounding the park. This park, that's a few blocks away from our school, was our secret hideout, the place we go to when there was trouble. And this is trouble. I motioned for her to sit down next to me and when she did, I took a huge breath and explained what happened, every little detail.

"You did not tell him to get lost!" Baek shouted hysterically. She held her arm across her stomach, trying to calm the cramp she got from laughing too hard.

"Stop it! I'm miserable enough as it is," I whined with a pout. When she wouldn't stop laughing, I stood up and started to walk away, but she caught the hem of my shirt and pulled me back down.

"Sorry," she apologized, "It's just that I can see it happening. With your weird hand gesture and everything!" She started laughing again, but suddenly sobered up. Baek stared at me and said with a serious face, "Don't fall for him, Min-ah."

I looked up surprised. I did not think of that. Sure he was attractive---oh, who am I kidding, he's gorgeous--- but he was bad. I would never think of liking him like that.

"Don't look at me like that, Min. You know how you are. Promise me, if you ever see him again, please just walk away," Baek pleaded. I don't know why she was so desperate for me to avoid him, that she was begging me to stay away from him, but her worried gaze compelled me to answer.

"I promise."