Encounter at CUBE Cafe [HS] [HY]

My World of Imagination

Author's Note: I have honestly never been to Cube Cafe but I'll try my best to describe it from the pictures, fancams and fan-accounts I've seen :)

 

 

Getting around Apgujeong was harder than I expected. The streets were bustling with people, and everywhere I went, I could see shops and food stalls. It took me 15 minutes to maneuver through the crowd before I caught sight of the unmistable flashing sign of 'CUBE'. It was a sight to behold - the bright white exterior stood out from the other buildings and a huge picture of Yoseob's photoshoot for upcoming new solo album, Caffeine, was featured at the main entrance.
 
Ahhh so excited~ I gushed as I ran up the steps and into the cafe. The brown-black dominant color of the wooden interior was decorated with life-sized posters of CUBE artists. Rows and rows of merchandises were displayed neatly in small glass cabinets. A small TV screen hanging by a pillar was playing behind-the-scenes clips of Cube Entertainment’s artistes’ activities.
 
This is literally a fangirl's haven.
 
I walked slowly towards B2ST's section, running my fingers along the glass display, trying my best to imagine how they were here before like I was, touching the places I'm touching.
 
Somehow rather, the thought of it brought a smile to my face.
 
I lingered around, mesmerized by the signed albums and photo-cards. There was a pile of merchandise strewn all over the long table at the corner, as though fans had been rummaging through all the light sticks and banners over and over again, searching for the right one. I took my time flipping through B2ST's photobook, laughing softly to myself at the crazy selcas they took. (ok i made that one up)
 
The cafe was surprisingly empty except for the friendly girl manning the counter.
 
I deliberated over what to order for awhile before walking up to the counter, biting my bottom lip nervously.
 
"One green tea latte please. No whipped cream."
 
It took the girl a few moments before she understood my order. Damn I hate my accent.
 
Having grown up in England for nearly my whole life, I was still unaccustomed to speaking Korean. My dad is Korean but he met my mom on a business trip to London and has lived there ever since. Now that I was nearing my 17th birthday, Dad decided that we lived in Korea for a try. Mom agreed readily and so here I was.
 
Home sweet home. 
 
I leaned against the counter, entirely focused on watching the girl prepare my order. She poured a simple mix of green tea powder and milk into the blender. As the blender noisily whirled the contents of my drink about, I took the time to inspect the candy at the front. I asked for the rainbow-striped candy as the girl handed me my drink and made payment. ((5000 won omg i just made up a price and its so cheap lol))
 
I eyed her nametag for a full 3 seconds, trying to distinguish the complicated of hangul aka this > 장효린
 
"Thank you... Jang...?" I asked, unable to comprehend the next word.
 
"Hyorin." She replied with a smile. I must have sounded amazed because she looked amused.
 
"Oh but you share the same surname as Jang Hyunseung-"
 
If you haven't realised, the holy name I just uttered is the ultimate love of my life.
 
oh and here comes the moment 
 
"We aren't related, no worries," A much too familiar voice spoke from behind. I spun around in surprise, only to find a tall guy standing in queue behind me.
 
"If you were worried," He added, with a smirk, at the same time using the back of his hand to brush away the hair covering his eyes.
 
OMG
 
He was 599% more beautiful up close compared to fantaken photos.
 
Perfectly styled red hair framed his well-defined cheekbones,
 
and his eyes seem to twinkle as he speaks,
 
his pretty nose and his kissable lips
 
and the way his shirt seemed to cling to his slender hips (ok i'll stop)
 
But nothing in the world can compare to Jang Hyunseung. 
 
NOTHING!!!!!
 
"Uh no, I wasn't. I guess I should go," I stammered, bowing slightly and breaking eye contact.
 
Overwhelmed by the sudden encounter with Hyunseung, I hastily brushed past him and nearly stumbled into a nearby chair. Silently cursing at my own clumsiness, I left the cafe hurriedly.
 
"Wow that was definitely the first time I've seen someone so flustered......"
 
I heard him say, just as I stepped out into the streets, clutching the green tea latte in one hand and a bag of candy in the other.