does it taste really good?

behind that awful taste

“Jong..jong, please give me a bite!” his shrill voice whinning, “give me one!”

The short boy looked at him with his big eyes and chewing mouth, clearly pretended to be obvious of the other boy’s plead.

“If you don’t give the egg, i’ll tell mom!” the little boy threated, still desperately looked at the food that was crushing inside the shorter boy’s mouth.

But that short boy named Jong still didn’t want to share, instead he took the 3 eggs left on the plate in his hand and gulped them all in one go.

The yellow haired boy now was looking at him with glassy eyes, bitting his lips hard to restrain the tears as he saw the plate was already empty and knew that the eggs had been gulped by his friend in a blink of eye.

“you are mean!” he shouted before ran as fast as he could to the kitchen, looking for his mom.

Jong should had given him one. He had promised. They had reached so far from Jinki room, passing through the dangerous stairs to the garden in the back of the house where his parents were having feast. His daddy told him not to eat the eggs. But he wanted to taste, he was curious. He was fat not without a reason after all. So he asked Jong to steal some and tasted one.  But as they found the eggs, Jong insisted to taste it first and without protest –because Jong had helped him to find those eggs- Jinki allowed him. but it he didn’t know that it turned out to be Jong ate all of the eggs. So he ran and cried, thinking that his bestfriend had betrayed him for food.

He entered the kitchen and bawled loudly as he found his mother, baking cake with some neighbors.

“Oh my God, Jinki why are you crying?” a woman rushed to approach her only son, lifting up the tip of his apron and used it to wipe out the boy’s slime under his nose.

“Jong didn’t share the food with me” the yellow haired boy’s cried louder.

His mother smiled as he lift her son and took him on her embrace, patting his chubby buttocks gently as she put the boy on the dinning chair.  “maybe Jonghyun was so hungry baby, “she kissed his nose and Jinki stopped crying, but still sobbing softly. “but you are in the kitchen now, foods are all here”

The woman then gave him a can of cookies and just like that, little Jinki stopped sobbing and ate them happily. One hour later, his mother told him she had to bring other foods in the garden cause the guests kept coming. Jinki nodded, still busy eating cookies.

He was alone in the kitchen now and thirsty. So he jumped from his chair and ran to the refrigerator to pick up his milk. As he opened its white door, he was surprised that he didn’t only find his favorite milk inside but also the eggs. The eggs that he was curious to eat. With grin, he looked around to check that there’s positive no sight of his father before  grasped one egg and put it inside his mouth.

He chewed the egg with smile and happy face cause yeah, finally he could taste it. but after one, two, three, and four seconds he sensed something very undelightful and .... oh, it was in his mouth.

That egg doesn’t taste tasty at all. It tasted....

Jinki ran to the sink and immediately spew out the egg from his mouth. He almost cried again.

That was the most horrible taste he had ever tasted.

So he ran back and opened up the refrigerator and drink his milk as much as he could until that ugly taste in his mouth gone.

 

He panted so hard after emptied his bottle of milk. He climbed up to the dinning chair and sat back, pulling up the can of cookies and ate and ate again until he could forget the taste.

It wasn’t until minutes later he turned his head to the kitchen door and saw Jong’s head peeped out. Jinki was still mad at him though, so he pfft-ed him and turned his head away. But Jong didn’t leave, instead he walked closer to the dinning table carefully, and jumped up to the seat across Jinki.

Jong looked at him with apologetic eyes, but Jinki still turned his head away, chin lifted up.

“I’m..i’m sorry hyung, i didn’t mean to not sharing” the short and white haired boy said. “but i come to apologize and, um.. this is for you”

Jinki peeked up, still not turning his head right to Jonghyun but he could see Jong was presenting a plate full of crunchy chicken .

“Kibum helped me to sneakily take these back from the feast in the garden once i told him it’s for you” Jonghyun pushed the chicken closer to Jinki.

And Jinki was weak when it comes to chicken, Jong knew it too well. Slowly, Jinki turned his head and looked right at jonghyun.

“okay! Apologize accepted!” he grinned and before they knew it, they were happily eating the chicken together, the can of cookies was forgotten.

“actually, why do you like the eggs so much?” yellow hair Jinki asked, grease smeared all over his lips . “it doesnt even taste good. It tasted so awful”

The white haired boy looked up, eyes widened while his both hands still gripping big chicken . “how did you know it tastes bad?”

“I just tasted it before you came,  i found the rest right there in the refrigerator“ Jinki pointed out,  trying not to shiver remembering the taste.

“uhm, after i tasted it for the first time back in the garden and knew it doesn’t taste good, “Little Jonghyun shrugged cutely, “I don’t want you to taste something that tasted bad so that’s why i ate all of them.”

Jonghyun almost finished eating his last chicken when Jinki jumped and ran over him.

“thank you, jong” he hugged him, “I promise from now on i will only eat food that tastes good”

The little white haired boy  awkwardly smiled and was about to hug him back when Jinki pulled out and smiled at him with that sincere bright one that got the shorter one blushed so hard.

“Y-yaah! Hyung get off. I’m eating chicken!”