♕ ― Tutorial 1 ; Downloading the essentials.

♕ ― EVERYBODY: a graphics tutorial

 

 

 

 

 

All I really did in this video was download our essential elements for making posters; textures, PNGs, PSDs and our fonts. 

I find my fonts all in one place on DeviantArt.com. It's a place for every piece of art imaginable and it's a perfect source for what we'll need when we make our graphics. 

If you don't have a folder specifically for textures, PSDs, PNGs, etc. I highly suggest you make one.

Texture Download

Simply type in the search bar "textures" and scroll around and download what you might want to use. Remember, the look of a certain texture will affect how your fanfiction seen. Don't have a cute and happy texture for a sad and depressing fanfic. 

Once you find your desired texture, download it and EXTRACT. THE. FILES. It is SO important to do that or it won't work in when you try to use it. 

Once your textures are extracted, highlight them (click and drag) or select the ones (CTRL+CLICK) the ones you want to use and press CTRL+C. 

Go to your textures folder (please make one. orz ) and paste (right-click or CTRL+V) them into the folder and BAM. Ready to use textures. :D

PSD Download

To download our PSD's, do the same thing on DeviantArt! Search for "PSDs" and you'll find a lot of different coloring PSDs. 

Select one you like and download it and click "Show in folder"

Just like the textures, you're going move it to a (STRONGLY SUGGESTED) PSD folder and paste it there. Just copy (right-click) it and select copy and paste (CTRL+V or right-click) it into your folder. 

Your PSDs are ready to use! c:

PNG Saving

PNGs are just simply picture files with transparent backgrounds. I go on DeviantArt to find my PNGs. ;D

Let's just say we're looking for EXO PNGs, so in the search bar, we'll type in "exo pngs" in the search bar. 

They come in packs too, so if you want a pack, just download them, extract them and copy and paste them into a (STRONGLY SUGGESTED) PNG folder. 

If you just want one PNG, just right-click and save it into your (STRONGLY SUGGESTED) PNG folder. Bam! It's done and ready to use! c: 

Font Downloading

For our fonts, I use DaFont and FontSpace to get mine. 

For our fonts, just think about what kind of font we're going to download and search it up. I'm looking for a cute font. 

Once we type it in, browse through the many fonts until you find the one you want. 

In DaFont, your download button will be here: 

In FontSpace, your download button will be here: 

Once your fonts are done downloading, open them and extract the files. 

Copy all the files except the possible Notepad file that will be in there. The font files will be in ".ttf" file formats. 

Once you copy it, go to "Computer > Local Disk (C:) > Windows > Fonts" and wait for your fonts to be populated. 

Then, scroll all the way to the bottom of the box and paste (right-click or CTRL+V) the font files into the folder. It will install and be ready to use! 

Brush Downloading

Downloading brushes onto photoshop is simple, but one might think that going the extra mile is just stupid. LOL 

So, what we have to do is go to DeviantArt (it shouldn't matter where you go, but be careful, there are viruses) and type in the search bar of what kind of brushes you're looking for. 

Once you find your desired brushes, just download them. 

Click "Show in folder" and copy (right-click) the file and paste them into a (STRONGLY SUGGESTED) brushes folder. Just because they're pasted doesn't mean that it's completely done. 

Open Photoshop and click on the "Brush" tool. 

In the top of the screen, click the dropdown arrow and click on the sprocket to the side. 

Click "Preset Manager" and it will open up a little box showing all of your brushes that you have on photoshop right now. 

Click "Load" and click on the brushes you just moved into your (STRONGLY SUGGESTED) brushes folder. 

They will be in the preset manager, but it's not completely saved into your photoshop. 

Click the dropdown arrow and the sprocket again and it will say "Save Brushes". Click that and name the brush set whatever you want and save it into your (STRONGLY SUGGESTED) brushes folder. There! If something happens to your photoshop, your brush set will already be there for you to just upload and use again! c: