Bubblegum hair and pubs are not a good match.

What am I to you.

 

What am I to you?

 

  Great. He’s doing it again.

 

  Taehyung’s eyes scanned through the whole madness before dashing out of the place, for the third time.  The wind literally slapped him on the face as he dashed out the noisy club, in hopes that he could find him. At this very moment, he would really enjoy some alone time in room, drinking coffee and maybe watch some dramas. But with just a dumb call, he’s now out here in Hongdae running in and out of pubs like madman. As the leather jacket flapped around Taehyung’s body, he ran with the quickest speed he could to the next pub that’s located right in front of him.

 

  The steep and dark passageway to the basement pub was what he detested the most, with drunken teens smoking and hoping that he will party with them. Taehyung’s eyes darted around before cursing; realizing that will be touched and his bubblegum-colored hair are not helping the situation. He took a deep breath before marching down the staircase, avoiding the laughs and pokes from the underage kids that are feeling even higher than Namsan Tower. That bastard better be inside or else he’s so getting it from me, Taehyung managed to muster before pushing the rusted door.

 

  And lucky him, Hoseok was there. Dancing on the pole. At the stage. Slowly stripping his clothes off.

 

  Taehyung could have picked up a brick and just throw it at him, hoping that it will at least knock some more sense into him. What the are you doing, Taehyung meditated this sentence in his mind as he squeezed between the crowd. Everyone was dancing as usual, some ily, some awkwardly, but none of them is giving the pink-haired boy space to move.  Hoseok was on stage screaming, making moves to the pole while flinging his jacket towards the crowd, making them even excited. He didn’t realize that his best friend was down there, trying to make his way towards him; to help save his sorry from this.

 

  After reaching the front (and rejecting some dance offers from a few ladies), he waved his arms around in hope that it will catch his attention. The older male, noticing him, smiled brightly before screaming at the crowd.

 

“HEY GUYS! MY FRIEND IS HERE! NOW THE PARTY IS OFFICIALLY STARTING!” Hoseok screamed before taking off his shirt, setting the crowd ablaze with excitement.

 

“HEY, HEY, HEY, DUDE I’M NOT HERE FOR THAT.” Taehyung yelled in anger before climbing up on stage.

 

  Hoseok’s eyes sparked with madness upon Taehyung’s presence, thinking that he was going to play with him, only realize that the younger one’s expression wasn’t a pretty one. He quickly laughed as an answer to his glares, hoping that it can help him escape from he will do next. As Hoseok turned back to the crowd, a fist came flying upon his face, hitting him hard enough to be unconscious for a few seconds. The crowd was firstly shocked before getting angry with the pink-haired boy for ruining their fun. Taehyung slowly walked towards Hoseok before picking him up, slinging the older one’s arm across his shoulder. As he heard complaints from “audience”, he stopped in his tracks before staring at them.

 

“If you ers have a problem with me taking him away, just go get yourself another stripper. I’ll pay for the bills since you low-lives can only seek entertainment from such disgusting activities. “ Taehyung bellowed, shutting them up.

 

  Pulling the taller male out of the pub wasn’t that hard, until he started to fuss like a kid before wanting to go back in. Taehyung’s cursing slowly got louder which each struggle made by the older male until finally he pushed him against a wall, eyes enraged with anger and frustration.

 

“ WHAT THE IS WRONG WITH YOU? I’M HERE TRYING TO SAVE YOU AND HERE YOU ARE, WANTING TO GO BACK IN. HAVE SOME DIGNITY DUDE.”

 

“ Taehyung-ah, just let me go back in. I’m not done with it yet.”

 

“Not done with what? Losing your face?”

 

“It’s addictive…I need more…”

 

“Dude, don’t tell me you took drugs.”

 

Hoseok averted from his face. “ I don’t know…they gave me some… I just took it.”

 

“Do you want to be hit with 800$?” Taehyung growled.

 

“What do you mean-“

 

  And without a second notice, Taehyung’s watch that was now overlaid on his knuckles punched right on Hoseok’s cheek, making him lose his balance as he dropped on the floor. Blood was spurted on the concrete floor as the older male touched his cheeks, feeling the numbing pain before being dragged up on the wall again. His back was lightly scratched on the brick wall as Taehyung pushed even ore force on the older male's shoulder.

 

“What on earth are you doing? Don’t you realize what you’re doing is bringing shame to yourself and your family? Is this all you can do with your life? Party and-“ Taehyung scolded before being pushed back the older male.

 

“Yeah, that’s all that I can do. And what you’re going to do about it? I have no family anyway; those strangers only expect great from me. They don’t care whether I have interest about anything.  You, you have been my great friend for so long, but I never knew you were like them. Those selfish creatures that only cared for my fame.

“Oh yeah? If I were like that, why would I be still here? You wanted to be writer, and so I supported you. You had nowhere to live, I gave you shelter. When you have writing blocks, I was the one who lived with your mood swings. Swallowing your attitude for so many years and this how you thank me? By taking me as one of them? “ Taehyung retorted.

 

“Oh, great. Now you’re complaining? Why? I’M NOT GOOD OF A FRIEND? THAT I DON’T APPRECIATE YOU ENOUGH? I THOUGHT FRIENDS HELP-“

 

“AND I AM. Every ing day, I go to broadcast stations, fansign events, concerts to promote and you know what I always carry with me? Your book. I show them to my fans, producers, hosts, hoping that they will read it. I introduce to them about your stories and books, and if they remember even the slightest word I told them, I was already grateful. I thought that would help you. But what are you doing?

 

  By then, Hoseok’s mind went blank. What was he doing? His best friend even took time to help him promote that dumb book of his but all he could do was to goof around, procrastinate, and run away. His failure in one book knocked him down, drowned him in misery, and stopped him.

 

Stopped him even before stopping his friend.

 

Now I dare you to look at me in the ing eye and tell me that friends are suppose to help each other.” Taehyung hissed before pulling him close to his face.

 

  Guilt engulfed the older male as he looked closely at his friend’s face. Under the thick makeup and dark eyeliners, he wonders how much insults and shrugs his friend accepted in hopes to help him. Taehyung himself has a name to maintain, being a celebrity, but just because of him, he entered to prohibited zone for idols. He threw all his dignity of an idol just to help him, this useless person.

 

What has he done?

 

“ You were every single pet peeve in my life; you insulted your parents, you boasted about how great you are at doing illegal stuff, you disobeyed at every rule set on you, you let mood swings control you. But I still took you as a good friend. Cause I didn't want to lose you.” Taehyung spoke, with his voice trembling little by little.

 

“I'm...I'm sorry. I don’t want to lose you, please. You’re a really good friend but…I don’t know. I'm so messed up right now! Responsibilities aren’t my thing, you know? My life is a pile of garbage now and I think the only solution is to run, keep running until…someone helps you to solve it. But please, Tehyung don't leave me.” Hoseok mumbles before facing the wall.

 

“There is another solution. Solve it like a man or else you won’t see me anymore.” Taehyung spitted before throwing his jacket at the half-bare boy, only to march away from him immediately.

 

   The older one slowly shifted from his position before squatting down to pick up the jacket, only to realize that he hasn’t been wearing a single clothing on top throughout their whole time in the street. He slide it on him, feeling the little warmth left tingling on the jacket as he stared at the younger’s back slowly disappearing on the street. He wonders how long has he been running around with just a jacket to find him? One hour? A few hours?  His eyes slowly gleamed with tears as he stood in the alley beside the pub, wondering what has he done. But with a slide of a glance, he could see the pub down there; looking like a paradise he could hide forever. The black paradise down there, is it worth the friendship he cherished for so many years?

 

He took one step.

 

And another.

 

He slowly started to run.

 

The pub was now behind him.

 

He understands now.

 

 

 

 

He’s done with running away.

 

 

A/N: wat

 

main pic: http://-taehyung-.tumblr.com

            : http://951230.co.vu