Twelve

0.1

Kai walked almost the whole school just to look for Hyoyeon. He knew from Yuri that their paper ends at the same time. He went to places like rooftop or the studio at Hyoyeon’s building but he just couldn’t find her. Kai knew Hyoyeon is avoiding him.

 

He spammed Hyoyeon with text messages but the girl didn’t reply at all. Kai called her but her phone was switched off. Kai asked Taeyeon and Yuri if they know where Hyoyeon is but the both of them refused to say, saying that Hyoyeon had warned them not to tell him anything.

 

Kai sighed and slowly walked home. He thought of going to Hyoyeon’s house a little bit later and let her have some space first.

 

 

 

~*~*~

 

 

 

“If I remember, you are dating Kai, right?” Luhan asked while opening a can of Coke for the girl beside him.

 

“Yea. Do you have a girlfriend?” Hyoyeon asked as she takes the Coke from Luhan’s hand.

 

“Nope. So why would you call me out? Need a shoulder to lean on? Here.” Luhan pushed Hyoyeon’s head slowly and let her rest her head on his narrow shoulder.

 

Awhile later, Luhan felt his shirt a little wet. He found out Hyoyeon was crying. Not speaking a word, he rubbed Hyoyeon’s back in a circular motion, hoping that Hyoyeon will feel better.

 

“Just cry. It’s okay to cry. Crying doesn’t mean you’re weak. It’s okay not to be okay. I’ll always be here.” Luhan nudge Hyoyeon gently. The girl managed to nod her head.

 

After a good 15 minutes of crying, Hyoyeon finally went out of Luhan’s embrace and wiped her tears dry.

 

“Thank you Luhan… I looked for you because I don’t want to trouble my friends with my problems and you’re the only person that I can think of at that moment.” Hyoyeon said and smiled for the first time of the day.

 

“No worries. I am happy that you actually thought of me. So… Did you have a fight with Kai? If you’re uncomfortable about telling me that it’s okay. I’ll just stay by your side and comfort you.” Luhan smiled genuinely.

 

“On our first monthsary… I went to Kai’s house to have dinner with his family and I can feel that his mom wasn’t fond of me. Yesterday, we were supposed to have lunch but his mom called and he claimed that she is sick and needs him. I told him it’s okay and that he can leave first. I called Taeyeon over and on her way to the cafeteria; she said she saw Kai and his mom walking into a mall. His mom doesn’t look sick at all.” Hyoyeon explained everything in detail to Luhan.

 

“Did you listen to his explanation yet?”

 

“I wanted to. We were supposed to meet at night on the very same day but at the last minute he said he couldn’t make it. So I went to sleep. I’m just disappointed that he lied. I hate liars the most. White lies, small lies, big lies… Lies are just lies…”

 

“Kai must have his own reason… Do listen to his side of story. Perhaps it’s not just what you think.” Luhan removed a few strands of hair on Hyoyeon’s face.

 

“Thank you, Luhan… I swear you’re one of my sweetest friends.” Hyoyeon planted a kiss on Luhan’s cheek as a way of thanking him.

 

“C’mon, we’re at the beach! Let’s do something crazy today! Take off your shoes!” Luhan put their drinks aside and took out his shoes. Hyoyeon did as she was told but was still clueless as to what Luhan was trying to do.

 

“What are you waiting for? Let’s goooooo!” Luhan shouted and then pulled Hyoyeon towards the sea.

 

They played in the sea with cold water, their clothes were soaked but who cares? Luhan and Hyoyeon were playing in the water like little kids. It was a time that they both truly appreciate it. They appreciate each other; they appreciate each other’s presence. They are thankful for each other.

 

After playing like little kids for almost an hour, they were both back onto the shore and sat on a bench at the park, waiting for their clothes to dry.

 

“It’s been a long time since I did something crazy like this.” Luhan said and they both laughed thinking back at what they did a minute ago.

 

“When I’m a kid, I don’t go to the beach often. So whenever I go to the beach, I feel really energetic and excited. It might sound a bit stupid and retarded but I always stare at the sea and tell the sea my problems.” Hyoyeon let out a small laugh.

 

“Nah, it’s not stupid at all. We all have our own ways of letting off our sorrows.” Luhan said in the most convincing tone and gave her the most convincing eyes ever.

 

“Thank you again, Luhan.” Hyoyeon thanked him again.

 

“Thank me one more time and we’re not friends anymore.” Luhan threatened and gave Hyoyeon his ‘death glare’, more like an aegyo to Hyoyeon.

 

“Wow there, okay okay. Xie xie then.” Hyoyeon said in Chinese and ran away with her shoes on her hand and Luhan was chasing her.

 

“Yah! You choding!”

 

The both were having a running competition until they were both tired and decided to stop on their tracks and walk slowly while enjoying the breeze. It’s been awhile since Hyoyeon get to talk to a person about her personal problems.

 

Telling Kris will only make him wanna punch that person who made Hyoyeon sad. Telling her grandmother will only let her worry even more. Telling Taeyeon and Yuri will make them angry at that person and pull pranks on that person the next day. Telling Kai would make him feel insecure and paranoid. Only Luhan. Only Luhan would listen to her and give her solutions for the problems that she is facing.

 

“I haven’t done such crazy thing in a long time.” Hyoyeon said out of the blue.

 

“What crazy thing?” Luhan asked back.

 

“Walking home from the beach.” Hyoyeon said and smiled for the nth time today.

 

“Smile more Hyoyeon. Your smile is beautiful.” Luhan said and smiled too.

 

“You know what Luhan, you made me really happy today.” Hyoyeon gave Luhan a small hug and they continued to walk home together. Luhan decided to send Hyoyeon home first since the sun is going to set soon.

 

 

 

~*~*~

 

 

 

Hyo… Where are you… Come back soon…

 

Kai was waiting by the pool side for Hyoyeon. He went up to Hyoyeon’s apartment but nobody was in. The night has fallen but neither Kris nor Hyoyeon was being seen yet. Kai began to worry about Hyoyeon’s safety. It’s dangerous since she’s a girl and sometimes she can be quite gullible.

 

He sat on the beach chair near the pool and waited impatiently, until he heard a familiar laughter. It was Hyoyeon’s laughter. He was certain about it. Kai turned to the source of the laughter and he was right. It was Hyoyeon but she was with a guy.

 

Kai stood up angrily and went to Hyoyeon and grabbed her arms roughly.

 

“Kai what do you think you are doing!” Luhan shouted and pulled Hyoyeon to his back and protected her from Kai’s grips.

 

“Do you know that she is my girlfriend? Why are you hanging out with her?” Kai looked at Luhan with fire in his eyes and it looked like he might punch Luhan right in his face anytime.

 

Worrying about Luhan’s safety, Hyoyeon told him to leave first while she’ll talk to Kai. She promised him that she won’t let Kai hurt her and that she’ll contact him a bit later. Luhan nodded and glared at Kai angrily before he left.

 

“Tell me why Hyo.” They sat side by side on the beach chair.

 

You tell me why first.” Hyoyeon added emphasis on the word ‘you’.

 

“What do you mean?” Kai asked, pretending that he didn’t lie to her.

 

“You lied to me. Don’t try to pretend.” Hyoyeon said with an annoyed tone.

 

“Hyoyeon… I’m sorry. I really am. I didn’t want things to end up like this too.”

 

“Taeyeon told me she saw you and your mom walking to the mall near to the cafeteria.” Hyoyeon said without looking at Kai.

 

“Umma… Tried to match made me and another girl…” Kai confessed.

 

“Well?”

 

She was fond of the girl, but I am not. I am only fond of you, babe.” Kai faced Hyoyeon and embraced her in his muscular arms.

 

“I know you are unsure about our relationship now but I promise I will fix it. I will fix us. Give me a chance to fix it.” Kai whispered into Hyoyeon’s ear while brushing her hair.

 

Hyoyeon only rested her chin on Kai’s shoulder and just let tears roll down her face. She didn’t hug him back but Kai gave her the most comforting hug ever. They stayed in their position for a good 10 minutes before Kai decided to break the hug.

 

“I am sorry for everything that happened yesterday. My heart really shattered into pieces when I found out you are avoiding me and ended up going out with Luhan. I don’t want to share you with other people. You are mine and only mine. You are Kim Jong In’s property.” Kai planted a soft kiss on Hyoyeon’s lips.

 

“Who says I’m your property? I’m a human! I am not officially yours until the day we get married.” Hyoyeon was back to her choding mode again.

 

“Are you hinting me to propose to you?” Kai winked.

 

“Hm.”

 

“I’m sorry for the bad things that happened baby. I promise I will love you even more.” Kai became serious again and they shared a long kiss before they walked to the lift together.

 

“Call me when you get home.” Hyoyeon said before the lift door closes.

 

I’m glad things are getting back into hands now.

 

 

 

~*~*~

 

 

 

 

 

 

They’ve taken their last paper and now they just have to wait for their results and for their graduation day to come. Taeyeon finished her paper first so she was waiting for Hyoyeon, Yuri and Sunny at the gate and go have lunch together.

 

“Hyo I swear you are so irritating!” The first thing that came out of Taeyeon’s mouth when she saw Hyoyeon.

 

“Yah! What’s wrong with you huh!?” Hyoyeon put Taeyeon in a headlock.

 

“Why didn’t you tell us that you were sad yesterday!?” Taeyeon slapped Hyoyeon’s and made Hyoyeon release her.

 

“I just didn’t want to bother y’all.” Hyoyeon showed her cutest pout.

 

“Ew stop with that pout you are so disgusting.” Taeyeon poked Hyoyeon’s side.

 

The both of them can’t stop bickering even for a second while waiting for Yuri and Sunny to arrive. From how short Taeyeon was to how many insoles Hyoyeon put in her shoes to be taller than Taeyeon to how thick Sunny’s lips are to how shiny Yuri’s thighs are to how big their teachers’ s are or even how bony they are. Endless gossips among the two.

 

“Shorties!” Taeyeon and Hyoyeon automatically turned their heads upon hearing the word ‘short’.

 

“Stop with those glares you shorties.” Yuri said and did her favourite thing to the two girls; grabbing their heads using her long arms.

 

“YAH! Stupid hippo!” The 2 shook Yuri’s hands away from their head.

 

“Where’s Sunny? Are we going anywhere? C’mon we took our last paper today!” Yuri was totally excited while Hyoyeon and Taeyeon were both calm.

 

“Finished talking?” Taeyeon asked and stood in a gangster pose.

 

“You’re not going anywhere with Tao?” Hyoyeon asked.

 

“Nah, he has another paper tomorrow and he needs to study.” Yuri pouted and as usual, the two shorter ones ignored her.

 

“Let’s go for lunch then. I’m sure Sunny can make it.” Taeyeon said and Yuri nodded but Hyoyeon has plans with Kai already.

 

“Guys… I’m going to Kai’s house for lunch. Won’t be joining.” Hyoyeon said.

 

“Aww wae!? It’s been a long time since we ate together!” Taeyeon got on her child mode and started whining.

 

“you childish idiot! Let's just eat together sometimes! Bye!" Hyoyeon said and then left the 2 girls.

 

 

 

~*~*~

Wanted to write a bit longer but too tired to do so.

Just wanted to post this up before I go for a long (maybe) hiatus.

Comments please thank you.

P/S: sorry for any mistakes!