FINAL

Fireflies

It was 5 am when a plane from LA landed on the Incheon runway.

This person scans the waiting area for fans waiting to welcome her. Seeing only a few number of people, she sighed, not in disappointment but in relief that nobody knows she's coming back.

 

"Hey Amber" she turned around to see his manager smiling at her.

 

"Hyung!" She ran to give him a light hug. He patted her back then grabbed her 2 hand carry bags.

 

"So? How was your vacation? Did you spend some quality time with your family?" her manager started to converse with her.

 

"It was awesome Hyung! Did you see the Instavids I uploaded? We were having a blast even when we're just staying at home. But of course, I also wandered around the place. It was quite interesting actually, most of the people there recognizes me already but they still gave me space to have fun. You should have seen us walking around with Charmander PJs on." she babbled to her manager.

 

"So, what's the progress of your plan?" he asked as he drove them away from the airport.

 

"Oh. Well you didn't tell her I'm coming back right?" 

 

"Hmm." he answered while nodding. "I suppose your not staying in the dorms then?"

 

"Of course. My plan won't work if she finds out I'm here already. And I ignored her calls and messages for the past 3 days. I'd be dead the instant I step into the dorms without anything prepared for her. Plus, it's been a while since we had a date Hyung. I'd like her to see relax even just for a few days. She's been so stressed because of her drama filming lately." 

 

"You're a good girlfriend Amber." her manager smiled at her.

 

"Thanks Hyung. And thanks for helping with all this."

 

"Anytime kiddo."

 

********************************

 

Everything is set. Now all Amber needs to do is inform the main character of this date. She took a deep breathe before dialling her girlfriend's number. As soon as she placed the phone on her ears ..

 

"YAH AMBER LIU! YOU DARE IGNORE ME FOR ALMOST A WEEK, DID NOT TELL ME YOU ALREADY CAME BACK TO KOREA YESTERDAY AND WHERE THE SAM HECK ARE YOU AND YOU'RE NOT HERE IN THE DORM?!" an angry Krystal Jung yelled over the phone.

 

"Babe, would you calm down for a second? I have a good explanation for this. Wait. Manager hyung told you I came back?"

 

"Ha! I knew he was hiding something! He was never a good liar." Atleast her voice has now come back to normal. "He didn't tell me anything. What did you feed him to keep his mouth shut anyway? I found out on the internet. There is a fancam of you at the airport yesterday. Then articles came out." Krystal pouted forgetting Amber would not see her anyway.

 

The tomboy chuckled at her girlfriend. "Really? I never noticed any fancams yesterday."

 

"Stop changing the subject Liu! If you think you're off the hook, you're definitely not! Where are you now? Where were you yesterday? Where did you spend the night?!" then Amber heard a gasp on the other line. "Damn you Amber! You're cheating on me! You pimp! You better get back her in the dorm right now so I could kick your !" she heard Krystal hiss.

 

"What the - NO! You know I'd never cheat on you babe!" the helpless Amber defended herself.

 

"Come back here Amber! I swear kill you! Come back here RIGHT NOW!" Krystal is already pacing back and forth in their dorms living room. She did not notice the door open nor the presence of the handsome face behind her.

 

"I'm here princess." Amber said. Without a second to waste she saw Krystal running over her direction. She closed her eyes preparing herself to whatever beating her girlfriend would do to her. But nothing happened, no pain, instead she felt a pair of arms encircle her waist. She open her eyes to see Krystal crying her eyes out with her face hidden on the older girl's chest.

 

"You mean prick! You liar! You cheater! You scum! Who is it?! Eunjung?! Hyuna?! Ailee?! Jia?! or was it Min?! Who did you cheat me for?!" the sobbing girl asked she pound Amber's shoulder with her right fist in every name she mentioned while her left arm is still hugging her. "Why are you here?! You're breaking up with me, aren't you?!"

 

Amber can't help but be amused at the sight of her jealous girlfriend. She chuckled while cupping her now tear-drenched face. "God how I missed you." then she started to shower the younger Jung's face with kisses. "I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you." she said as she did it. Finally she captured her girlfriend's lips with hers. Amber reluctantly pulled out as they both needed air.

 

"I'm not any of those names you called me. Why would I leave the gorgeous, hot, y, and damn iressistable Krystal Jung to any of those names? What am I nuts?" she saw Krystal smile shyly at her compliments. "I'm here because we're going somewhere and not to break up with you." Amber grinned and pecked her lips. "And I'm sorry I ignored your calls and messages this past few days baby. Later you'll know why."

 

Krystal pouted, sign that she admits defeat, believes Amber's reasons and accepts her apology. "I-I don't know Am. We should go to Manager oppa and ask for my schedule first.'

 

"Been there, done that. For the next 2 days, you're mine." Amber growled at her ears which of course Krystal finds y. "Let's go before it gets dark." the tomboy grabbed her girlfriend's arm and walked towards the parking lot.

 

---------------------------

 

"Tell me again why you're driving a pick-up truck with tons of garbage at the back and going somewhere I don't know." referring to the things covered under the vinyl like material at the back of the truck.

 

The driver chuckled. "Would you shut up and just enjoy the sight Krys. The sun is almost setting. Isn't this romantic? And FYI, you'll regret calling those things garbage later." she smirked.

 

"Hmp!" the impatient Jung just crossed her arms and looked outside the windows. Amber couldn't help but laugh.

 

"You're so cute Soojung."

 

"I know." she answered which sent another wave of laughter from her girlfriend.

 

**************************

 

"Be careful babe. Stop taking steps without my guidance!"

 

"Why do I have to wear a stupid blindfold?! If I trip I swear I'll -"

 

Amber kissed her. "Shut it, will you? You're ruining the mood. I promise you'll like this. Okay stop! Don't make a single move. I'll let go of you know. I have somewhere to go, but I'll be back okay? Don't move."

 

"Am? Amber! Damn you Amber I'm taking off the blindfold!"

 

"Don't! or else I'm breaking up with you!" shouted back. Her voice doesn't seem to be far away.

 

Krystal flinched at the word 'break up'. She behaved herself, but tears trickle down her cheeks. She's not afraid of being blindfolded but the fact that if her stupid curiosity continues to urge her she will peek from the blindfold and Amber will have to break up with her.

 

After a good 20 minutes, her feet started to sore from not moving. Someone chuckled behind her. "You seriously took what I said literally."

 

"You told me not to move." 

 

A pair of arms s through her waist and weight was added to her shoulder. "Sorry for making you go through all that. Take it off now."

 

Krystal finally took the blindfold off but her eyes were still shut close.

 

"Baby, look at what I prepared."

 

Slowly she open her eyes and was mesmerized at the view that welcomed her. They are now in an open meadow with glowing bottles scattered around the place. Her eyes started to get wet as she faced Amber.

 

"You did this for me babe? This is too much Am."

 

"I'll do anything, anytime. Just to see that look on your face again. I told you'll like it." a silly grin was pasted on Amber's face, clearly proud of what she's done. 

 

Krystal got out from Amber's arms and walked towards the nearest glowing bottle. She picked it up and scanned the contents.

 

"Hey aren't these fireflies? They're beautiful."

 

"Yes. And you're my firefly. You're more than beautiful."

 

"Hmp! Cheesy Llama." she said as she playfully smack Amber's arm who's still grinning like an idiot. She turned her attention back to the bottle and slowly loosened its lid. Finally she took them off and set the fireflies free.

 

"Hey! I worked hard to gather those! FYI I caught them myself! Krys, don't free those pesky little insects!" she whined.

 

But Krystal ignored her and continued what she was doing. After she was done, she walked back to her sulking girlfriend and wrapped her arms on her waist while leaning her head on her shoulders. "They'll die if they stay in the bottle baby. Now isn't this better?"

 

 

Amber did not want to ruin the moment so she just rest her head on top of Krystal's.

 

***************************

 

After they ate the packed dinner Amber prepared. The older girl dragged her back to the truck which is park near a huge tree.

(Just  imagine there is a pick-up truck parked near the tree)

 

She held her girlfriend's hand and pulled her up behind the truck.

Krystal was really touched at what she saw.

 

 

Amber pulled her down under the warm blankets. "We can stargaze before lulling each other to sleep. Isn't this romantic?" the planner excitedly squealed like a little girl.

 

Her girlfriend just nodded.

 

"So, did I do good?" Amber asked hoping to be praised.

 

By now, Krystal is already sniffling as tears run down her cheeks.

"You did better than good. Why do I love you so much Llama?'

 

Amber just smiled as she cuddled with her. "I know. And I love you too Princess. Now let's cuddle on this pile of garbage!" she laughed as she earned a smack on her arm for that.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I don't know what I've written -_-

Having a runny nose now and too tired to reread what I wrote.

Sorry for the typos and grammar errors :/ 

 

LAME! LAME! LAME!

 

- iklutz25