Family Day

Family Day - Myungsoo

"Daddy? What are we doing today?" Sungmin asked as he climbed onto the couch next to his dad.

"We are going to do what ever you want to do today." Myungsoo lifted the little boy onto his lap happily as the little boy’s face lit up.

"Is Mommy coming with us?" Sungmin asked Myungsoo as he nodded happily with a big smile on his face. The little boy began to bounce on his lap uncontrollably as all Myungsoo could do was to hold him.

"Are my favorite boys ready for an amazing day?" You asked as you leaned over the back of the couch, wrapping your arms loosely around Myungsoo;s neck.

"Yes!" Sungmin happily called as he giggled showing all of his little teeth proudly.

"Only if you are." Myungsoo tilted his head back against the couch as you kissed his forehead.

"I am." You smiled as Sungmin happily jumped off of the couch and to the floor as he ran to grab his coat and shoes.

"Come on Daddy. It will be fun!" Sungmin called as he put on his Velcro shoes.

"Coming~" Myungsoo called as you released him from your grip and he slipped on his shoes as well.

Your little family was all ready for the day as you walked down the street happily to all of the windowed shops that lined the street. Myungsoo held your hand perfectly in his as you both kept an eye on your son as he walked a few steps ahead of you, peering into every single window that he could see through on his tippy toes. Sungmin stopped at a familiar window as he saw trains and stuffed animals through the windows as his little face lit up with happiness.

"Appa, can we go in here?" Your son pointed through the window excitedly as you looked up at Myungsoo.

"Sure, why not." Myungsoo said as he opened the door for you and Sungmin. The store was quiet yet a little busy with more toys to see with the eyes that seemed to be plastered onto the walls. Sungmin ran to the stuffed animals as he picked out a teddy bear to show to you and Myungsoo.

"Isn’t he cute?" He held up the brown bear as Myungsoo knelt down and inspected the bear more carefully.

"He sure is soft. But don’t you have a lot of teddy bears at home?" Myungsoo asked handing the bear back to Sungmin.

"I only have three." Sungmin expertly said as he tilted his head down at the bear before placing him back on the shelf. Myungsoo stood back up as you wondered off to look at some of your favorite toys too. Sungmin pulled on Myungsoo’s pants gently.

"Daddy, Daddy look, trains." His little feet moved him as fast as they could over to the train table as he grabbed a train and began to move him on the wooden track. Myungsoo wondered over to where Sungmin was as Sungmin made the whistling sounds and the clicking and clacking that the steel wheels would be making as he moved the train around the tack.

"Sungie~" Myungsoo called as Sungmin turned his head and looked at him with a puzzled look. "How about you choose one toy and I will buy it for you, as a special treat."

"Really?" Sungmin’s eyes sparkled under the florescent lights as Myungsoo nodded. Sungmin flung himself at Myungsoo and wrapped his arms around his neck as he hugged him tight. "Thank you Daddy, you are the best!" Kissing his cheek gently, Sungmin released his grip from Myungsoo as he began to browse through the shelves of toys that he could choose from.

"Do you want a car? Stuffed animal? Magnates? Trains?" Myungsoo pointed out all of the choices as Sungmin patted his bottom lip with his finger as he thought long and hard about the toy that he would be getting.

"Can you lift me up?" Sungmin asked as he pointed to a train that was a little higher on the shelf then he could reach. Myungsoo picked him up happily and wrapped him in his arms as Sungmin looked at the metal trains that rested on the shelf. "I like that one." He choose a blue train from the shelf and a red car to follow behind the engine. Looking over the toy carefully he looked up at his dad for approval.

"Do you like this Daddy?" Sungmin asked as Myungsoo nodded happily. "I think I will get it then. But…" Sungmin looked back at the shelves of trains.

"But what Sungie?" Myungsoo tilted his head to look at his son as his fingers ran over the smooth train.

"What if you want to play with me trains. One engine won’t be enough." Sungmin reached up for a red train with a blue car behind it. "Can I get one more so you can play with me?"

Myungsoo bit his lip at how thoughtful his son was, “I think I can do that.” Myungsoo kissed Sungmin’s cheek gently as Sungmin happily smiled. Setting Sungmin on the ground he walked quickly to the store as he found you.

"What do you have there?" You asked kneeling down.

"Daddy said he would buy me a toy." Sungmin examined his trains again.

"But there are two trains here." You pointed at the two trains.

"The other one is for Daddy." Sungmin whispered in your ear, "When Daddy wants to play with me, he can use one and we can play together." You smiled happily at his answer as you nodded in agreement.

"What if Mommy wants to play with you?" You asked as his little face crinkled up for a second then smiled.

"I think Daddy would share his train with you." Sungmin said happily as you nodded and got in line to pay for the toys. Myungsoo paid for the two trains as you received a bag and walked out of the store.

"Where should we go next Sungie?" You asked him happily as he sat on your hip.

"The park would be fun!" He said as his feet dangled happily as he looked at Myungsoo as he smiled.

"Anything you want!" Myungsoo said as all three of you headed off to the park.

Time seemed to fly as you played tag, hide and go seek with Sungmin as you pushed him on the swings and went down the slide and played in the sand box. The light seemed to get lighter as Sungmin began to get worn out. Myungsoo picked him up gently from the swing as he held him carefully in his arms.

"Can we go get a milkshake or something?" You asked Myungsoo as he smiled happily at you.

"Just like old times?" He asked as you nodded. Finding a shop not too far away, you both ordered shakes. Sungmin rested his head on Myungsoo’s shoulder as his arms hung down by his sides. You were going to see if Sungmin wanted anything but he was fast asleep with his lips slightly parted and his hair parted cutely as his chubby cheeks were pushed up making his eyes look so cute.

"I think Sungmin would like one, but he’s asleep." You kissed Sungmin’s head gently as you told Myungsoo. He handed you your milkshake as he carefully sat down, not wanting to disturb Sungmin’s nap.

"Thank you for everything you did today, Myungsoo." You said as your hand gently rested on his back as he sipped his sweet treat.

"You’re welcome, thank you for being around for me and Sungmin." Myungsoo leaned over as he kissed your head gently.

"We better get going if we want to make it home before dark." You nodded at Myungsoo’s comment as you both got up and started walking home.

Dusk was quickly approaching as Myungsoo began to fall back behind you. Slowing your pace you looked at him carefully.

"I can hold Sungie if you are tired." You offered as Myungsoo just shook his head and switched his arms, giving the other one a break.

"I got it." He flashed you a smile. "I am just glad that I get to hold him. It makes me happy like the first time I held him." The rest of the walk home was quiet and slow but you finally made it home.

Holding open the door for both of your boys, Myungsoo walked in and kicked off his shoes as you gently took off Sungmin’s shoes without waking him.

"Do you mind if I get him ready for bed tonight?" Myungsoo asked you as you nodded happily.

"I don’t mind at all." You smiled as you took the toy bag into the kitchen and tried to undo the trains and cars from their packaging as Myungsoo walked into the light blue room.

Sungmin’s nightlight was on as Myungsoo a lamp and the golden light was just enough for Myungsoo to see and for Sungmin not to wake up. Myungsoo carefully changed his son into his pajamas then laid him in his bed, slipping him under the covers. Myungsoo sat next to his bed as he carefully moved Sungmin’s hair out of his eyes.

"I love you Sungmin. Thank you for a fun day today that I will never forget." Kissing his plump cheeks gently, Myungsoo pulled up the covers and put a teddy bear between his arms as he watched his son peacefully sleep for a while before standing up and closing the door behind him.

Walking out to the kitchen where you were, he sat down on the couch as you smiled and sat next to him. Studying his face carefully, you wrapped your arms around him.

"Is something wrong?" You asked as his arm gently wrapped around you.

"I was just thinking. I am glad that we had this fun day for me to play with Sungmin, but i wish that I could do it more often." Myungsoo looked down at you as you rested your head on his shoulder.

"That is why Sungmin likes your days off so much, because they are far and few in between. He loves his time that he has with you more because you are away so much, but even when you are gone he asks about you and loves you so much more." You told him as you flattened out his shirt.

"Really, he talks about me when I am on tour?" Myungsoo lit up just like Sungmin.

"Mhmmm, he asks what you would like to do right now, we watch your concerts and he listens to your songs before he goes to bed. He asks about what we did when we were dating and loves to get to know you." You said happily. Overflowed with joy, Myungsoo just hugged you as he thought about his son and what he could do to repay him for being such a wonderful son.