❅ 01 ❅

Empty Hearted

The two bestfriends, as usual were shopping. Why? Maybe because it's the time of the season where everybody went to parties and dressed as pretty or handsome as can be - winter. Where does winter bring us? Christmas.

"Oh my god!" Hyorin yelled out in English, holding up a black lace dress, "This is fabulous!"
Bora scanned the dress. "Hmm.. Not too bad."
"What do you mean 'Not too bad.'? This is perfection." Hyorin raised her eyebrow.
"Don't forget, I'm not the type of person who wears dresses. Skirts will do for me." Bora replied, making Hyorin laugh slightly.
"Sure. Did you find anything yet?" Hyorin asked, searching for more clothing.
"Not yet." Bora replied, walking to a rack of skirts.
"Fine then, I'll find some for you."

Bora smiled as she was seeing Hyorin going to another rack and looking at skirts.

"Ah hah!" Hyorin shouted as she held up a black skirt, "You will buy this. It's perfect!"
"What if I don't like it?" Bora teased.
"I don't care." Hyorin pouted and went to look for a shirt.

No way around, I guess, Bora thought. She looked at Hyorin and eyed every move she made.

Bora was lucky to have such a friend like her. Very lucky. Bora was still in daze and staring at Hyorin when Hyorin approached her.

"Here." she piled Bora's arm with an entire outfit. She found two new items, a red long-sleeve shirt, and a pair of bootie heels.

"Go and try the outfit on. I'm sure it'll look great." Hyorin waited as Bora tried on her picked outift.

A few minutes later, Bora walked out.

Hyorin's jaw dropped. "This looks fantastic on you!" Hyorin took out her phone and snapped a photo of Bora.

"Yah! What are you doing!" Bora shouted at Hyorin as the camera snapped.
"Hmm.. Nothing, just Instagraming your photo."
"Mwo?!" Bora ran to Hyorin and grabbed her phone.
"I already posted it." Hyorin .
Bora got annoyed, but still didn't get angry at Hyorin.

There was never a day she was angry at her.

Well, as of now, no. Who knows what will happen later on? The future is unexpected. Always. But- maybe being angry at Hhyorin will turn out being a sin to  Bora?


The next day, Hyorin was digging through the mail that piled up on their kitchen counter and saw a Christmas party invintation. 
Excited, Hyorin called Bora's name, "Bora!~ I found an invination, come read it with me!" 
Bora stopped surfing the internet and responded, "Okay! I'll be there in a minute!"
Hyorin pouted, "A minute is too long!~"
Bora rolled her eyes playfully and said, "Okay, okay."

Bora walked down the hallway and plumped onto the couch, next to Hyorin. Hyorin complained, "What took you so long?"
Bora blinked several times while looking at Hyorin and down the hallway, "I took less than a minute." she said plainly.
"A minute, not a second." Hyorin loved teasing Bora.
"Whatever, let's open the invination."

Of course, the invintation was gorgeous. It was decorated with trees, bells, swirls, all that holiday stuff.. Just gorgeous. Int he invination, it read:

YOU'VE BEEN INVITED!
12/20/2013 - CHRISTMAS PARTY
COME OR YOU'LL MISS OUT!
BRING A FRIEND or FAMILY!
HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE!


"Yes! it will be on the 20th! Only a week from now! We can wear our new outfits there!" Hyorin pointed out.
"Duh. We didn't buy the outifts for nothing, ya know." Bora pointed out, also.

"Fine, you got me." Hyorin continued examining the invination.
"Hmm.. How about a makeover, or a haircut?" Bora suggested.
"Makeover?  OR? Haircut?  How 'bout both?" Hyorin gleamed.
Bora nodded slowly, "Sounds good. Now, I don't mean permanent makeover,just a new makeup pallete or whatever."
"I know.. I think you are getting girly." Hyorin noticed.
Bora giggled, "I don't think I'll even live a day here without being girly, anyways."
It was just a brief moment of silence when Hyorin interrupted.
"Ah! I know somebody who'd love to go with us!" Hyorin shouted.
"Hmm? Who?" Bora had no clue.
"Somebody."
"Do I know that person?.." Bora was suspicious.
"No.. I just met him recently.."
"And how long ago was recently?"
"Umm... 2-5 months?" It came out as a question, instead of a statement, Hyorin didn't know why either.
"2-5 months?! Tthat's not recent at all!" Bora was surprised.
"Hey! Why are you yelling at me? I was going to introduce that person earlier, but that person was always busy with work!"
Bora sighed, "Fine then. This person better be nice and not hurt you."
Hyorin smiled, "He won't."
"How do you know?" Bora raised an eyeborw.
"Just 'cause.. This person was nice from the start." Hyorin looked down to her lap and smiled.
"Well that person better be." Bora stood up and walked back to her room.