Chapter 1

Whom Does My Heart Belong To?

My eyes widened at his words, those words that pierced through my heart like a knife. I stared at his backview, hard. I wanted him to take back those words.

 

“You sure, this is what you want?”

 

He nodded his head. It hurt. Because I’ve never seen him so sure of himself.

 

“Yang Yoseob…” I called out to his name. Tears already forming in my eyes but I just couldn’t let it fall.

 

He turned around to give me a look, that look. It just meant, he didn’t care at all.

 

“One hug, just one hug…” I begged, already about to drop to my knees. “One last hug…”

 

He shook his head. “I can’t…” He said.

 

A tear fell without me knowing, before he left. He just left into the cab, and went off.

 

 

That moment, I felt a pair of masculine arms wrap around me from behind. There were whispers in my ear, trying to comfort me. I pushed those arms away, turning around to see him, my neighbor, and my best male friend.

 

“Doojoon-ah… Don’t comfort me… He’s gone… Nothing is going to change that…”

 

I went back into my house, closing the door but only to let it get blocked by a larger strength.


“Let me in.”

“What do you want?”

 

Pain-filled orbs filled his eyes as our gaze met. I did not realize that my tears were already falling down, hitting the tiles of my room floor like raindrops.

 

The soft organ behind my ribcage hurts so much, I really don’t know how to explain it. It was like something was clenching onto it, hoping it bursts at the attack.

 

“Don’t push me away…”

 

I looked away, allowing the elder to enter my apartment. He wouldn’t do anything, he was my best friend. I fall back on the couch, curling up to hug my knees and hold them to my chin.

 

Why did he even began this love when he have never loved me?

I expected him to love me.

You confessed your love, didn’t you?

 

Questions flashed in my mind as I thought about what that raven-haired boy said. The one that left me, for some other girl. I do not understand, I simply do not. I guess, I was just, another one of his play things.

 

I felt a heavier weight took space beside me on the couch, so I turned to look him in the eyes.

 

“Don’t cry…” he whispered. He just sat there, frozen. He didn’t know what to do.

 

Falling into temptation, I fell into his embrace, my tears already stopped. I felt terrible, but I just could not cry.

 

“Why can’t you fall for me?” he questioned and I paused inside. “Nothing would ever go wrong…” he said.

 

“Because I would never leave you, I would never make you cry…” he continued.

 

I stared at him, stunned and I pulled away from him. “What the hell are you talking about?” I looked at him with eyes that wouldn’t believe his words.

 

 

 

“You’re married…”