Stuck In Time

[ONE-SHOT] In Reality

Tick tock.

She looks at the small alarm clock sitting by the side of her table. It’s 11pm in the night. Biting on the back on her pencil, she let off a sigh of defeat. The mathematical formulas are swimming in front of her as she tries to decode them.

Finals have never been so tough for her. Not before she met him, a virtual guy existing miles away from her.

She chanced upon him while she walked passed a CD store on a regular shopping trip. She stopped dead on her track when the soft and deep melodious voice travelling out of the shop into her ear drums pulling her into the store.

“Hi, may I know who’s the owner of this voice?” She asked the teenager dancing to the music by the counter.

“Oh! It’s SHINee! We are promoting KPOP music in our store today, there will be more groups coming up!” The teenager who appears to be a worker in the store replied her and pointed to a general direction where all the KPOP CDs were placed.

“Shiny?” She repeated.

“Yes. Spelled as S-H-I-N-E-E. Just run down the alphabets to S.”

She walked out of the store an hour later with SHINee’s latest CD, Sherlock, in hand. Excited by her new found genre of music, she dashed home.

Plugging her earphones, she laid on her chair listening to the tracks while examining the nice packaging of the album.

“Onew. Jonghyun. Key. Minho. Taemin.” She examine each of the member’s faces carefully. “Flower boys…” She commented. Then, the melodious voice reached her eardrums again.

The voice, highly distinguishable from the rest, the soft and rich voice, the tender vocals and the emotions placed into the song. She couldn’t understand any Korean word yet she feels she understood the song.

Opening her browser, she open her door to hell. The google search button hold so much power that with a ‘SHINee’ typed into the search bar, she obtain a whole load of information that she spent the remaining of her day on the her new found interest without realizing that she had forgotten her homework.

“Lee Jinki…” She said, finally identifying the owner of the voice she liked so much. “Onew.”

Life hasn’t been the same for her ever since. Tumblr and Korean fansites instead of assignment research and homework dominated her life. She spend so much time on learning Korean just to understand every single piece of news about her idol while homework are done half-heartedly or rushed.

Instead of spending time on her assignments, she wrote post about her idol and edit pictures of them. Other than Korean language, all her other subjects plunged.

Tick tock.

She snapped out of her day-dream. Looking down at her notes again, she sigh in defeat and push them aside pulling her laptop closer to her.

“Just 5 minutes of my daily dosage. Then I will be functional enough to continue.” She told herself.

In her final year, the most important phase of a student life, the exam which determines your future. Yet she still couldn’t take her mind off the guy who never even knew she existed and supported him so much that her life has been ruined.

Tick tock. The clock hits 2am in the morning.

Her eyes are entirely glued to it, scrolling and typing furiously on her keypad. Her worksheets stayed untouched.

A smile escapes her downturn lips as she muttered to herself, “Jinki oppa… Just having you is enough for me.”

Tick tock.

Finals are just 6 hours away…


 

A/N: I am just stating a fact here. It does not apply to all Shawols or any fans in general. But after knowing SHINee, my life did turn the wrong way and it’s affecting me way too much. I hope those who are equally affected, gets a wake-up call from this story.