Chapter 1

Seoulover
"WHAT do you mean Appa?" I shook my head because I don't understand my Appa decision that always eccentric and full of  surprises.

"Yes, it's what I mean. Appa already called Uncle Lee. Next week you will be a trainee in SM Entertainment. And you will be known here as ... aigoo, SunKyu, it seems you have to choose your stage name right now. Sunny Lee or Lee SunKyu? it's up to you."


I have two names because my mother is America, while my father is Korean.

Appa looks at me and laugh. "How wonderful this life is?" he continued, totally ignored my bored expression.He is not sensitive.


"Next week is the first summer holiday, Appa" I said. 

"Is it that important to be famous?" I protest. I already have a plan about MY FIRST SUMMER VACATION IN SEOUL!


He nods and I pout my mouth more. I look at my twin brother, Suho and Xiumin, with a look that they can read as "What's happening?"

It's chaotic! I just arrive when Appa calls me and my twin brother to the dining room to talk about that "good news."


"But how can? I don't even sing in public since ....," I try to remember, "... since kindergarden," 

"But you always sing in the video that you post to YouTube. You even dance." Appa smiles full of victory.

"Mmm, there's no harm in trying," Suho oppa support. Xiumin oppa quickly nods.


I just tell Appa that I will think about it, and then I go to my bedroom. Some considerations through in my brain. Actually I'm a bit lazy to considerate that decision without any compromise. But... Yeah, maybe I should just accept it, anyway there is no harm in trying. Even I can have my own pocket money. I try to think about positive things. Aarghhh...! But it's my holiday. , I can't think at this time. My brain suddenly blank.

I take a slow breath, imagine if only my mother is here and gives me an opinion. Mom is different to Appa. To her, evertything is up to me. She would only gives me the plus and minus considerates. It's what I need right now.
But reality says another. My mother already in heaven. A car that hit her in Chicago 5 years ago already sent her faster to Him
Hhh... I should be able to ask for an opinion to my mom about the offer, i don't know wether I agree or not.


Tonight we accompany Appa to SM entertainment concert, Appa would also introduce me to Uncle Lee, My Appa bestfriend since army, He is the owner of SM entertainment, dealer talent agency number 1 in South Korean. At least that's what my twin brother told me so I will obey Appa's wish.

With a green sleeveless dress and white cardigan that chosen by Aunt Han (Appa housekeeper) I attend the concert. Appa and my twin brother are sure if I chose my clothes by my self, I would picked t-shirt, my favorite skinny jeans, and a sneaker. It will only make Appa embrassed in front of his old friend. The guests always praise my look. I'm so bored.

This event is a semiformal event. Only the upper class are invited. And Appa is a music producer and a famous composer and I just realize about his popularity tonight. Understand it, after my parents sent me to my Grandfather and Grandmother in America for 5 years, When I'm back from Korean.I've never seen or heard about Appa in a magazine or a newspaper in America.
After chatting with Appa friends, I decided to collect an oxygen again after too long similing and talking.


"SunKyu-ssi, where are you going?" A woman ask me softly when she saw me get up from my seat.

"Excuse me, I want to go to the toilet." I bow politely to her and turn around. 

It's a relief to get out from their chit-chat that are too "smart" for a sixteen years old newcomer in Korean like me.
The toilet is one hallway with the artist dressing room. I walk slowly, staring down, confused how to stop this offer. I remebered with JongIn story, my classmate, about Park Chanyeol, our classmate who became a top boyband personnel since their debut.
Chanyeol rarely attend the school but he still in the top five smartest students in school. And, JongIn said, Chanyeol always being chased by his fans or stalker wherever he go. But what makes me scared is his story about the agency very strict rules as long as we are bound by their contract.We can't even claim if we like someone and date him,It's what JongIn said when we were in school.


It's terrible. Moreover, I'm still not ready to be someone with an "Idol" title. I think, it's not good to continue your live in terror of the sasaeng who always wnat to know about you.That's what makes me wonder, why there are still many who auditioned to be an artist. I wondered. Don't they want to be an ordinary teenager ??


I walk while looking at the floor. I sigh heavily, I don't pay attention to my surrounding. Until I feel like I have bumped to someone.


"Oh... I'm sorry... I'm sorry..." I grins amd bow.

"Sorry?" He looks confused

I just realize, I was speak in English. Quickly I bow and say "Jeongso hamnida..."

"Gwaenchanayo... I'm okay." He accepts my apology.

I nod my head and walk again.

"Ehm..., don't you know me? You don't want to ask for my picture? An autohraph? Or hug me?" He asks in a wondered tone.

It's my turn to frown, between scared and confused because there's a stranger who suddenly ask for a hug. Mmh... He must be insane. 
I shook my head in fear.

"I'm Byun BaekHyun. You don't know? Really?" He asks me again.

Once again I just shook my head because I really don't know who is he.

"I'm sorry, I don't have many friends in here. I've just moved here 3 months ago." I'm trying to find a way out from this strange man.

Fortunately, someone I know suddenly pat this man shoulder.

"Hyung, what happened? Five minutes more is our turn," He said.

"Oh, Lee SunKyu, you're my classmate, right?" Now he's talking to me.

Wow! Park Chanyeol, he's rarely appear without his fans or reporters who take a picture of his.

I nod my head and smile. "Annyeong haseyo" I say.

"You know her?" The weird man asked Chanyeol.

"Of course, She's my classmate," Chanyeol explains.

"How can she doesn't know me but she knows you? I'm your leader. The leader should be better known in public than the members," 

Chanyeol just shrugged his shoulders. Now, Uncle Lee's turn to approach us.

"BaekHyun, Chanyeol... What are you guys doing here? The others are waiting for you..." Uncle Lee realize my presence and said "Sunny, have you already know them?" Uncle Lee smiles.

"Actually, I just know Chanyeol" I answer honestly, somewhat relieved because that weird man not really crazy.

"BaekHyun, Chanyeol. This is Lee SunKyu or Sunny Lee, she is Master Lee daughter. She will stay beside your apartment. She is my trainee." He introduces me.

I bow. After saw my neighbors to be, finally I decide to accept Appa's offer. When will you have a handsome and famous neighbors? kkk. Every teenage girl definitely won't missed this chance, so I think this is the right decision to fill my holiday in Seoul.
                        
                                                                                                  * * *

When I return from the toilet, EXO's performance was finished, I was surprised when I heard my name was called from the stage by BaekHyun and he asked me to sing. Suho and Xiumin oppa push me, while I refuse until Appa glares me with his death glare. Finally, here I am, on the stage. I'm very nervous right now. I don't know what should I do.

But suddenly, I remember my mother's favorite song, L.O.V.E. from Nat King Cole. Fortunately the pianist knows this old song.
I felt happy onstage and I don't know why. I wasn't nervous anymore. I take a glance at Appa, Suho and Xiumin oppa. I smile, wonder to myself.