End

Within

She could feel it, she knows, but she can't tell whether it's a living or dead. People might say she's crazy if she ever tells anyone about the experiences she's been having for two years. Since she transfered to a new school and a new place. Everything has been weird for her. The feeling of fear envelopes her being when she's alone. Was it a ghost? Wraith? Or those forklore entities hundred and hundreds years ago were true? No one can answer her, but there's been going around that some young girls were missing at night or even an adult. Do werewolves existed in the first place? Still no answers for her to find. At night she would suddenly wake up in an ungodly hour. Looked around to her room to find no one there. She feels being watched everytime. It's been bugging her for two years, but she can't just leave because her father works there. Her mother left her when she was a kid and they couldn't tell where she went. So only her and her father lives in a small town of Manzanita, Oregon. 

The place is mostly foggy and cloudy especially in the mornings and near dusks. It rains frequently in this small town. Lizzy or Park Sooyoung and her father lives there for two years. The town is near to a seaside, so rainfall is always present on that small town. Her father is an officer assigned there, so if her dad was assigned to anywhere. There's a bigger chance that she will tag along with him. When it was her first day at her school, she was like a celebrity like everyone knows her name. Yes, she can tell the school she attends to is just small unlike her previous school is vast compared to her school now. Some group of people tried to be friend which was pretty fine with her and she didn't care. She didn't have to put effort to blend in with the kids at her school. At first it was normal and the long she stays there the feeling is getting greater; fear.

 

She woke up that morning and waking up with sweaty forehead. She couldn't tell why and the weather didn't even match it. It was cold outside and foggy when she peeked in her blinds. She can pretty much can see the humongous pine trees on each sides of the road. She tried to shook that feeling of being watched again and she took a shower by the end of her room. There's a bathroom in her room so it's pretty convenient for her. She dressed for school and grabbed her bag to meet his father downstairs which basically reading his newspaper then a cup of coffee sitting hot on the table. 

"Got a good sleep, kid?" He asked with a smile but more likely a grin to Lizzy's eyes. He cleaned up his moustache with those bread's pieces sticking on it. She replied him with a morning and sat on an empty seat across him.

"Na'ow, it was hot in my room."

"How come? I was freezing cold last night." Cocking a brow at her. Lizzy could only do was shrugged and took the piece of bread then began eating.

It was a short conversation with her father as she took her car and drove to school. She parked her car at the school lot as soon as she got off. The sky was cloudy again and it indicated that it would rain later on or not. It is rarely to see the sun at Manzanita and they only have a short time to enjoy themselves during July through September. The sun is always present during those months and then back to a gloomy small town again at Manzanita.

She walked towards the front door and saw the so popular group at their school. It gives her chills whenever they passes by her. She can't understand it whenever they walk near her. She felt that cold air coming from them. Eyes are brighter than normal, skins are paler around the people around them, and they give some kind of eerie feeling whenever they are near her. It's weird she thought. It's October now and she hadn't seen them during the course of September. Then suddenly show up when October starts. 

The blonde in the group has these more likely gold eye colour that gives her this eye contact then walk through her way. She admits that the said girl is so attractive. She stands out the most out of the group. One more thing, she attracts her so much and the best word for Lizzy is crushing on her. It's been two years yes. But they hadn't made a contact and it means conversing even in just a short time. Although the blonde's looks at her is seemed kinda cold, but she has this type of magnetic eye contact that always gives her a tingling feeling. But that's the end of it and no further than that. A hand tap her shoulder and this almost made her shriek because of it. 

"Hey! Jisook you scared me!" She received whining instead of a morning greeting from her.

"Oh yeah been staring at those cuties over there I see." She said a wide grin on her face and Lizzy pouted then walked off leaving her there.

"I'm not stop thinking too much will you?"

"Hey! Wait up. Did you know what?"

"What?"

"I've heard that Im Nana gonna be in one of your classes."

"Where'd you get that info from? You are so nosy sometimes Jisook." Jisook shook her head and corrected her.

"I'm not nosy I've heard it from the other people who pass me by before seeing you day dreamin'." She giggled and covered cutely.

"Then what is it to do with me?"

"You might be interested hmm? Even if you are not telling me. You have a thing for that popular girl."

"No, I'm not." She answered her calmly to erase that suspicions of her friend. "I'm not." She repeated before heading to class.

It was a rough day for her. Morning classes either had tests or quizzes. Then half of her after noon classes were packed of homework.This is the only thing that she hates about school, but what she can do? She just needs to do it so she could finish her school. Her last class for the day finally came. She has to endured it and go home to throw her body on her soft comfy bed. She sat at the front seat while watching the rain hit the window beside her. It rained again and her guess was right. What she could expect in Manzanita. It's been always like that and sighed. She was so engrossed watching the droplets of rain on the window and all of a sudden. The air became colder and scowled at the sudden change of temperature around the class. She was so sure of the heater around the school was on and they wouldn't let the students freezing to death. She glanced to her right to see her sitting right beside her. Her eyes became bigger but it went back to normal size to hide her that she was surprised about it. To the person beside her. She sat prim and proper. She didn't even hear the footsteps on her way in and which was weird. Her thoughts were interrupted when their teacher began to speak.

"Ok, guys find a partner and you will do a modern translation of Shakespearean's work. There are two boxes as you see on that table at the back. The first box is all about poems and while the other one has some excerpts from one of his plays. They are crampled so you are randomly picking something for yourselves whether a hard or a simple one. Good luck if you have the hard one I'm here to at least assist you and answer your questions. You can either choose one to your liking if choosing the poem's box or the other one. Dictionaries are available at the drawer beside that table. Phones and any gadgets that are way for making your lives much easire are not allowed. We are here to learn not to copy someone else work. Now get on your feet class." 

Lizzy was looking around and she totally forgot about her. It seems like all of her classmates have their partners already. She sighed and heard the voice she only hear in an infrequent occassion.

"Would you like to be my partner?" She asked with her infamous straight face.

Lizzy didn't know but gulped when she asked her. Her eyes feels like she could see what's on her mind. They were like daggers poking her heart and she noticed that her cheeks were getting hot. She dumbly nodded and watched her leave her seat to grab randomly pick work. They began working on their work. It was an awkward time for them and it did look like Nana didn't notice it at all. She was so busy helping her but more likely the blonde was doing all the work and she only sat there watching her.

"Are you afraid of me?" She asked as if she was reading her mind. She quickly denied it and she was silent again.

"I'm Jin Ah. Im Jin Ah by the way call me Nana like everyone calls me."

"I know."

"It doesn't even surprise me though. You?"

"Park Sooyoung, Lizzy as they call me." Nana didn't answer and she the paper slowly to Lizzy to read it.

"You are done?" Lizzy asked, unexpected. Nana hummed as her answer.

"Lets say I've known this in a long time." She said.

"Like how long?"

"Since I started high school." Lizzy was suspicious of her but shrugged it off.

She read the whole thing. The blonde didn't use any dictionaries and thesauruses while doing that said work. She looked back to see her classmates were still doing their work. Nana only had a pencil in her hand and a paper and that was it. She estimated the time when she worked on that modern translation. Not even ten minutes long and it was even less than five minutes. Was she that smart Lizzy asked herself.

"Lets show it to our teacher so we can spend our free time." Nana said.

Both of them handed in their work or Nana's work. They both got a hundred and it was pretty all right to the point. Everyone else in class were still writing on their work while the two of them sat on their seats quietly. Lizzy tried to come up anything just to talk about since thinking that it might be her chance to get closer to her.

"I've been wondering why you always starts in October when school starts in September?" Lizzy's curiosity kicked in. Two years studying at her school and she noticed that to their group.  

"Some family thing that we need to attend. It's a tradition." She simply answered.

"Tradition?"

"A tradition that's only for our family." Nana answered. 

Class ended and Lizzy headed outside really quick to get her car. It was still raining by the time she went out of school. She only wanted to rest since last night wasn't a good night. Along her way driving home her car broke near to a restaurant and a gas station. She had no choice but to get some help. Since the place of Manzanita is always foggy and cloudy. The late afternoon is almost seen as night time. Luckily the rain stopped and she didn't have to worry of getting soaked from the rain. While she was making her way to that gas station. She saw two guys following her. She tried to brush the nervousness building in her chest. She finally reached the gas station but to see that it was closed. She cussed under breath. The two guys where still there and walked faster but a hand grabbed her and dragged her at the back of the gas station where no one could see them. 

"What a girl doing in this kind of time?"

"Mind giving us the good blow?" The man grinned.

Lizzy was in grimaced by seeing the man's teeth. They'd looked like they hadn't brushed his teeth for a year. They were yellow and seemed greasy. The other older guy with beard pushed her to the rough and dirty walls. She struggled but it was no used with her current strength and she needed to find any environmental things around her to escape from her situation.

"What if I say no? Let me go!"

"This girl I like it!" 

He was about to pushed his mouth and ran it down on her neck, but an unexpected happened. A guy, which was Myungsoo suddenly showed up out of no where and Nana stood there at the back. The guy with beard was sprawling on the muddy ground as she shoot Myungsoo a glare.

"Nana, you better take care of her. I can handle this."

"What the two of you can do?" The other guy with crooked teeth retorted. But Nana disappeared from her spot and Lizzy saw it. She didn't know whether she saw it right and now Nana kicked the guy's face then he was thrown on the ground without even flinching. Myungsoo only shook his head. Nana took the dumbfounded Lizzy and they went to Nana's car.

"Are you okay?" She asked and her voice was almost like a purr to Lizzy. It was so soft and sounded, worried.

"Y-Yeah, how did you do that? You w-were there then-"

"What?"

"Can you teleport?"

"No? I think the fear took over you and you were seeing things." Nana explained without giving the girl any hints to what happened earlier.

"I think what I saw was real. My eyes wouldn't make tricks on me."

"Calm down, we need to get you home." She insisted. Lizzy tried to, but the blonde told her that she was just scared and she might needed a rest. Myungsoo came after and knocked on Lizzy's window. Lizzy slid the window down and smiled at her.

"They won't comeback hurting you again." He smiled as his eyes shone bright brown. He looked at Nana and he glared at her before leaving them there. As if sending her a mentally message to the blonde.

"Lets go and tell me the way." Nana drove her home and shortly they'd arrived at Lizzy's place.

"Thank you for saving me there." Lizzy gave her thanks.

"No worries, I'll get going now." She said and left.

That night, she felt that eerie feeling again. She couldn't sleep. She opened the little lampshade that was sitting next to her bed and sat there. Although she was so scared, she gathered all her courage to peek on the blinds, but to see nothing and only the darkness of the night. She looked around, but she didn't even believe in ghosts. Then what was that feeling she was having for years? She asked herself. She was really tired and she thought of what Nana told her after she saved her. That she was only tired. She convinced herself that she was only seeing things, because of weariness.

 

Another morning came. Her dad told her a friend of her sent her car back home and her name was Nana. Nana's friend fixed for her for free and suddenly why was she being nice to her? Isn't supposed that Lizzy should be happy about it? But not, she felt weird. She went out of their house and that feeling again was there. She was sure it wasn't the dead, but a living entity was watching her. Pair of eyes somewhere and she has this instinct that made her cringe. She told herself it was nothing, but it was there somewhere in the woods hiding. There are some pine trees standing near to their house and much nearer to Lizzy window. At first she wasn't scared of it, but now as if the woods were the scariest place she would ever encounter. The problem is the small town is surrounded everywhere with these huge trees. She even knew that she was even followed even while driving her car.

School made her mind to think school work and without thinking that scary experience she was having. Another English class started. They sat together and were reading a new novel unit. Lizzy was busy reading her book when she felt a paper touched her elbow. She looked up to see Nana pushing the paper to her and Lizzy took it.

"I'm just wondering if you want to have a dinner at La Vina restaurant later? Since we don't have school tomorrow I bet you're not going to be busy? I hope." The end of it had a little crying smiley which Lizzy found it cute. She told herself, Nana didn't suit her to be cute more likely a fierce one to be more exact. She was in the middle of whether to accept it or not. She didn't know the girl fully, and she only knew her by her popularity at school. Not even close but just fine or far? She was very thankful that she saved her that night if it wasn't for her maybe she was tainted by those dirty and old guys. Might not hurt if not trying to be friend her? She thought.

"Sure." Lizzy smiled. Shouldn't be Lizzy happy? But she couldn't tell why she wasn't. Nana smiled at her for the first time and this even made her blush madly on her seat. She hid her face using her book without being so obvious and pretended to yawn instead.

 

They began to get closer and closer. They began good friends and Nana introduced her with the other members of her group. The only person who is acting surly towards her was Uee or Kim Yujin. One of the weirdo in the group was Onew or Lee Jinki who seemed funny but at the same time he had this stoic face.

 

One evening Lizzy was invited to a casual party at their house. The house was built with glass wall window, so pretty much a person who visited their house could see everything by standing outside. The house was almost in the middle of the woods and of course was surrounded by humongous pine trees. Her family were so nice and welcoming. Lizzy noticed that their eyes were brighter like her and skins were pale as white as snow. Gladly her father let her to stay at their place since driving home so late was dangerous especially in that kind of town they were in. Many wicked people lingers at night.

Lizzy decided to walk around outside and checked the house vast vicinity. She thought that her family were so rich. She wished one day she could one have like this for herself. But that would take time. She was walking around when Uee came out of no where. Surely she was weirded out how come she popped out just anywhere.

"You need to be careful. Don't enjoy too much." She said with a mocking expression. "Although this house seems safe, but you don't know what kind of animals wandering around at night." Then she left without saying more. Lizzy thought although she didn't like her. She was still giving her a little warning especially at this hour. She planned to get back inside when suddenly some hissing sound was heard and shortly a snake bit her leg. Nana just came out from the back door and she saw a crying Lizzy sitting on the ground.

"Lizzy! What happened?"

"I-I was bi-bitten by a snake." She cried and without a word Nana carried her inside. Good thing most of the visitors went home already. Nana's dad asked worriedly what happened to Lizzy. They were shock about her being bitten. She settled her down on the couch around one of the room inside the house.

"Quick! Grab a knife at the kitchen Uee!" Nana's mom ordered.

"Why me? I've warned her?!"

"You?! Get it or not?!" She glared at the young Uee and took the knife without more complaining. She handed it to Nana and seeing Lizzy almost closing her eyes from the venom of the snake indicated that it was getting into her.

"It might hurt, but bear with me." Lizzy just nodded and hoping that would save her away from death.

She dug the knife so slowly in her flesh making her wince in pain. Blood started to flow down her leg and it was just exact for Onew to see that blood coming out from her. The people around them didn't notice it so quickly and Onew flung himself to Lizzy. His eyes were shining brightly and his fangs extended from his mouth. Lizzy was more than shocked to see that happening in front of her. Vampire, Lizzy shouted but more likely a throaty sound with a lower shriek. He aimed for her neck, but Nana grabbed Onew and threw him on the wall. It almost broke the glass but fortunately it didn't. Onew made another attack and he was so fast this time. Making hard for Nana to catch him. She did what she could and caught him. She got a scratched on her right arm. The other members of the family caught him and calmed him down. Nana became more worried about Lizzy, dying. She didn't make any second thought and drank her blood from her leg. Lizzy's eyes were closed but she was still breathing. She was praying that she would make it and save her for the second time. Because this time she didn't want to lose her. She couldn't bear another hundred years to find that person she loves. She had to make it.

Don't leave me Sooyoung! She mentally shouted while drinking her blood. 

Nana knew that she drank the venom away from her system already, but still Lizzy wasn't opening her eyes. Onew felt so sorry for what happened earlier and apologized. But Nana didn't and she had the urge of killing her fellow. She held his collar and pushed him roughly on the glass windows, but she was stopped by her dad.

"Killing him wouldn't do anything, Jin Ah. You did what you needed to do." Her dad said sadly.

"Damn you Onew! Why it has to be now? Do the animals' blood don't satisfy you?"

"I'm so sorry Nana. I can't still completely control my thirst. I'm sorry!" Nana only shoot him a deathly glare before pushing him once more and let him go. Nana's hopes went back again when she heard Lizzy's voice and moving again. She hugged her like there was no forever and her family left them alone.

"I thought you died!" Lizzy pushed her slowly by the shoulder.

"T-Tell me all of you here are vampires? Don't tell me that I'm tired again. What I saw is what I saw. I'm thankful for saving my life for the second time again. But you lied." She said in a lower voice.

"I'm sorry," Nana could only answer. 

"You didn't tell me everything, weren't you?" She asked again.

"You were that person or vampire who always tailed me around wherever I go, right? Who always gives me sleepless nights and wakes me up in the middle of the night."

"How did you know?"

"I thought you were smart?" In spite that she felt weak at that moment because of the loss of blood. She pulled Nana on top of her. "That perfume. No one ever used that at school or anywhere and I only smelled it from you. I always have this suspicions from the start but I told myself I'm halucinating or something. Could you just confess to me and not making my nights hard and harder for you to tail me around?"

The blonde was just so speechless. Her straight face was gone but a blushing vampire was before Lizzy that night. Lizzy kissed the end of her lips and the blood away on the end of . 

"So?" Lizzy asked. Then Nana responded her a kiss and they broke after.

"By the way you the sweetest blood I've ever had for years." Then Uee suddenly appeared and leaning by the opened door.

"Does she have to be her just to force that beast out of you? Really?" Uee hissed.

"Yah!" Nana yelled at her and Lizzy only just laughed.


 LOL! Yeah I made better fic from the last fic I'd made weeks ago. Anyways, I hope you liked this though. I don't know what to name it so I hope it kinda connected to the fic though. Need to sleep now, bye bye!