Chapter 6

Lovehate

That’s why it’s called falling in love, because nobody force you to fall, you just fall.

 

 

 

*

 

The sky is blue, and birds singing happily.

 

But nothing of that calm his heart. Changhyun had his hands gripping his brown lock while tears streaming down his puffy face. His face lay on his shaking knees, grabbing sympathy from other bystanders at the hospital park.

 

His head throbbing. He totally lost count how long he has been sitting down on the secluded bench. Tears keep running down, like it was coming from endless source.

 

When someone sit beside him, warm palm running circle behind his back, he leans into it. With stinging eyes, he buries his head on the person’s shoulder. Small body shaking from the heart wrenching sobbing when the palm was once on his back now ruffling through his hair. Giving comfort.

 

“He’s going to be alright.” Chocolatey voice from the person reach his ears,

 

“I don’t..know..i am..af-afraid. What if-“He unable to continue. Too afraid to think about it.

 

His father was involved in car accident, drunk driver came from opposite direction and slide to his father lane. He was unconscious due to massive blood loss, now fighting to survive in Operation Theater.

 

He was afraid, there is the uncertainty of not knowing whether his father would survive or not. It was devastating. He knows this is not the time to think about all the ‘what ifs’ in his mind. He should be strong, mentally, emotionally and physically. But he can’t. He’s not the strong Yoo Changhyun. Not at time like this.

 

He was mentally broken. And somehow, the warmth seeping from the body next to him calm him down a bit.

 

“He will make it. Have faith on him and pray for him. You have to be strong, Changhyun ah.” It is the chocolatey voice again. Surprisingly, it makes his breathing even and sobbing slow down.

 

Yes, he has to be strong. Mother was in worse condition than him. She needs the support from his sons, she need it the most. She haven’t stop crying since yesterday and patiently waiting for his father. Changhyun wipes the residue tears on his cheeks, decided to stay by his mother side. Supporting her like what Youngjin hyung doing.

 

Wait.

 

Youngjin hyung are staying by their mother side since yesterday until now. So he doesn’t have time to come down and comforting him. That make the person next to him is not Youngjin hyung. And his brother doesn’t have chocolatey kind of voice.

 

Changhyun froze.

 

He recognizes that Creed Aventus cologne – the same one he smelled at the café last time.

 

Choi Jonghyun.

 

 

**

 

 

Jonghyun can sense it, the rigidness suddenly coming from the small body in his hold. The sobbing was now gone, replacing with small hiccups. The small hand that frozen on his thigh giving him the idea that Changhyun has realized whose shoulder he leans on.

 

Jonghyun smiles.

 

His fingers continue running through every strands of Changhyun’s hair. He is one hundred percent sure that the person next to him is in the middle of debating on how to running away from him. And he not going to giving it to him.

 

This is absolutely one of the magical day that happens once in a thousand years. With Changhyun unconsciously willingly in his embrace, crying onto his shoulder, leaving his cold façade down the drain. This is a moment to treasure and he will stay like this while it last.

 

He received the news from Youngjin and came straight from his house. He haven’t even meet Youngjin yet, when he saw Changhyun was running to the park with tears down his face. It was a shattering view and his heart clenched instinctively. As if on auto, he followed the smaller man.

 

He never saw Changhyun cry before. Never. The smaller guy always put his strong and cold façade, face void of emotions. He once thought if Changhyun was a robot.

 

And a crying Changhyun is a new sight he wishes he will never witness again in the future. It make his heart shattered to pieces and the urges to make all the tears go away was big.

 

What is that feeling?

 

Is it the same as the past?

 

 

**

 

Ringtone sound wake both of them out of trance. Changhyun clumsily reaching the phone in his back pocket. Not even sparing a glance at the man next to him, he quickly releases himself and sit up- hands shakenly drag the icon to green button.

 

“Yes hyung?”

 

“The surgery was a success. Come, let’s see Appa together.”

 

Changhyun let out the breath he was holding in. Lips curved upwards as he walk toward his father ward. Contemplating something in his mind, he stops his step before looking over his shoulder, back at the bench. Eyes down to the smiling face of Jonghyun.

 

“The surgery was a success. He’s awake.” Changhyun turns to front again.

 

He was about to walk in again before continues “You can come visit him if you want.”

 

Changhyun walks with full speed, excited to see his father and maybe, purposely ignoring the “I’d love to” response coming from behind.

 

 

**

 

 

The smell of disinfectant lingers in the room as Changhyun stares at his sleeping father. Their relatives has all gone back due to constraint visiting time. They were all there to show their support and love. Youngjin hyung also has took their mother home, to prepare his father’s things and clean up themselves.

 

Slowly, Changhyun grabs the wrinkled fingers covered with few small tubes, thumb caressing small circle on the skin.

 

His father was awake on the evening, flashed his smile even though his body condition still weak. And doctor also advised him not to make a big movements as they afraid it will worsen the after-effect of the surgery.

 

But, what been running on his mind was not his father’s smile nor the doctor’s advice. It was what his father said to him when he saw that Jonghyun also there in the hospital room.

 

That wrinkles, pale fingers laced with his as he told his father to get a rest. The old man eyes has been flickering back and forth between him and Jonghyun before he asked the latter to come next to his bed.

 

“Many unexpected things happen in this world, we don’t know what going to happen tomorrow.” Changhyun was shaking when his father brought Changhyun’s hand and put it on top of Jonghyun’s. His father’s action startled both of them.

 

“My wishes, once I am recovered, I want to see both of you get married.” The old eyes smiles at them, gleaming with hope.

 

And how can he say no?

 

**

 

Changhyun staring at the night sky from the hospital room, secretly wishing for shooting star as he drown himself in his thought.

 

His father’s words still haven’t left his mind. He has no choice, maybe it is his fate. He wish he had strength to stand as this is not what he had plan. So many things were left unsaid, no explanation. Memories from past was hunting him, like they want him to suffocate. Breathless in his own hatred.

 

If this a fate, he will accept. Just for the sake of his father.

 

That night, he is sleeping with something tugging the bottom of his heart and Creed Aventus lingers on his body.

 

And somewhere in the night of the Seoul, Jonghyun wishes that every pieces will come into place.

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: in my draft, Changhyun’s father will die..but noooooo, I cannot handle character death in this story..seem like my angsty feeling trying to get through it..hahhaha..Sorry for the crappy update…huhu

 

Btw, feel free to subscribe and comment..