The House

Tangled in the Great Escape

Here it is! The first chapter! Please enjoy!

~*~

 

A dark haired young man stood on the curb and glared down at the light brown box mocking him. He rolled up the sleeves of his blue flannel shirt and huffed. It was the last box he had to move, then he could soak his sore muscles. He grabbed the box and gripped the bottom tightly, he turned around and started walking towards the door. He let out a small groan as he climbed up the stone steps that lead to the front door. “Just a few more steps,” he muttered, seeing that the door was getting closer “That's the last of them!” Minho shouted as he placed the last cardboard box inside the living room of his and his mother's new house in Seoul. Sooyoung came out from the kitchen and started to open the box.

 

“Thank you dear, can you believe it! We're finally in the city,” she sighed happily. Minho rubbed his lower back and smiled.

 

“Your dreams are coming true,” he said, trying to crack his aching back.

 

“Your father would have been so proud of us.” Minho frowned, his appa wanted nothing more than for his wife to get her bakery, but when he passed away Sooyoung gave up hope.

 

“Umma, don't get depressed, you've been doing so well,” Minho told her, looking at her facial expression. She gave a weak smile and looked at their old family photo over the fire place. Minho started to walk away to the staircase, he couldn't wait to take a mildly scalding bath.

 

“Minho, I have to run some things over to the shop, will you pass out these flyers around the neighborhood?” she asked, handing him bright pink flyers.

 

“Umma!” he whined, “I've been working all day,” he groaned, leaning against the banister dramatically.

 

“Then you won't mind doing it for another hour...go! Now,” she said, lowering her eyebrows, Minho looked at her and sighed, he didn't want to make her angry. He stood up and walked out the door after her, mumbling under his breath the whole way.

 

“I'll be back by 8, I'll bring home dinner!” She called from the car.

 

“Fine!” He yelled back. He watched the small car take off and he turned his back to his new home. He scanned the neighborhood, it was nice...small, but nice. He started to walk down the street and stuff the flyers to the bakery inside mailboxes.

 

With every glance at the end of the street exhaustion started to set in. He moved the stands of dark brown hair out of his face and kept walking.

 

“So tired,” he murmured, finally making it to the end of the street. He looked at the last few houses and didn't want to continue, his arms were ready to give out on him. He thought about walking back...then he thought about what Sooyoung would do if they weren't all gone before she returned.

 

He crossed the street and looked up at the house on the corner, it was old and looked like the stereotypical home that you would see in low budget horror movies. He took a deep breath...was he actually scared to go up to the house?

 

“You can do this, stop being a wimp,” he told himself as he slowly walked onto the property. He heard ruffling in the bushes and jumped, he looked down at the bush and saw a small yellow cat pop its head out. He sighed in relief and kept walking to the door. He came to the door and put the flyer in the box beside him...he swore he saw the curtains move.

 

Footsteps could be heard approaching him, he looked behind him and could only see the shadow of a man in the distance. He jumped and hid himself in a tall bush. He was right, a tall, intimidating man came to the door and checked the mail. Minho moved a few of the branches so he could see him better.

 

The man's facial expression stayed somber until he came across a certain letter, he stuffed the rest of the mail under his arm and quickly opened the letter. As he read it, his face turned angry, he growled and crumpled it up, shoving it into his pocket.

 

As he went inside, Minho made a break for it, he ran as fast as he could back home. He slammed his front door behind him and leaned against it, he swore he would never go back. He rubbed his head and went up stairs to finally take that well deserved bath and try to get his mind off of that house and that man.

 

“Stupid house, stupid bakery, I want to go home where things make sense,” Minho said to himself as he threw his clothes on the cold tile floor. Stepping into the bath, he moaned as the hot water touched his legs.

 

He sank down into the tub with a long sigh of relief, he muscles were thanking him for it. He let his nose go under the water, breathing out and letting the bubble burst at the surface. He tried so had but failed to get his mind off of the house and the man that lived in it. He was so weird, he had never seen someone like him before. Maybe it was the shock of being in a new city? The fact that the man was the first person he's come in near contact with?

 

Minho let out a loud groan in frustration and sank his head funny into the water, the memory would be gone tomorrow, he was sure.

~*~

Short I know :( I'm sorry! I hope you liked it! Please subscribe and comment! ^_^ Also upvote it if you liked it!