Fin

Courage

 

Daehyun folds the paper and put it into a light blue envelope. He carefully clutches on the envelope before he takes a glance to a boy who is walking into their class.

Yoo Youngjae.

 

Youngjae takes a sit on the front row. He sure likes front row very much. First, he doesn’t have to deal with loud people who usually sit on the back. Second, he can clearly understand what will the teacher teach him. He smiles slightly as his thought.

What make he smiles like this? It’s none of those reasons but his third reason, his secret purpose why he likes to sit in the same seat day by day.

Because, that Jung Daehyun’s favorite seat was the seat beside his favorite.

 

Daehyun takes a deep breath as he sees the sight of Yoo Youngjae takes a seat beside him. They’re rarely talking, honestly. That thing makes Daehyun feels pissed off. Youngjae doesn’t like to talk much, so does Daehyun. Two of them aren’t having high existence around their classmates.

He looks down at a light blue envelope he was holding all the time. He keeps on thinking when is the right time to give that? Even he doesn’t know if Youngjae likes someone or not, if he’s straight or not.

Daehyun lets out a disappointed yet quiet sigh, doesn’t want the beautiful posture beside him hears he sighed. But look like that sigh leads Daehyun into something.

 

Youngjae was deep into his novel. He likes to read to kills time. Time is going so slow whenever he’s at school. He doesn’t really have friends. His concentrate somehow gets annoyed by a sigh sound from the seat beside him. Youngjae wonders,

Is there something happened with him? He asked himself. He knows it would be rude if he suddenly ask thing like that.

He bites his lower lip. Gathers all of his courage before turns his head, facing Daehyun. “U…Um…” He stuttered. Oh, god, why you make me stuttered. He cursed on himself. The latter looks at him. His world stops for awhile. He gulps before finally opens his mouth again. “I… w-wonder if t-there’s so-something h-happened with you…” Youngjae said.

Oh god, damn it. Daehyun will think me as a weirdo. Youngjae scoffed at himself.

 

Daehyun blinks two times before could process what Youngjae just said. He still can’t believe that Youngjae started a conversation with him. His heart suddenly beats faster. Just because he hears Youngjae’s voice, he suddenly lost his voice also.

“Something…wrong?” Daehyun asked. He was trying to be cool. He knows he was nervous. But, at least, he could manage it. So he won’t look so ridiculous in front of his all-time crush.

 

Youngjae blushes slightly as he hears Daehyun’s voice. It has been a week he hasn’t hear that sweet voice. Oh yes, he counted it. “U…Um.” He bites his thumb and looks away. His habit, whenever he feels nervous, he’ll bite his fingers, especially thumb.

“You were… S-Sighing.” He said, finally.

 

Daehyun blinks. Again, he can’t believe the fact that Youngjae hears him sighing while he was reading his novel. Daehyun gulps, again. He was too nervous to continue the conversation. Beside he rarely talk to the other, now he’s facing his own crush.

How could Daehyun be calm in situation like this? Oh, how he hopes that he has a lot of courage to just talk like his other friends. “I’m okay…” Daehyun said finally.

No, Jung Daehyun! Why were you said that? It means you ended the conversation, pabo! He scoffed at himself. And what he thought is happened. It’s the end of their awkward conversation.

 

Youngjae really feels he was stupid. Why didn’t he continue to talk about something else instead of ended that conversation? He gathered all of his courage just to talk with Daehyun, and ended just like that! Sighing, he walks toward his locker. Their first until third lesson already completed. Now, they just need to have a break, and continue to the fourth lesson.

Youngjae takes a glance on Daehyun’s locker, which was not so far from him. If he’s lucky, he might meet Daehyun. They will have a little greeting. Even that greeting could make Youngjae’s day. He just wanted to talk with Daehyun more often, really.

Oh, somehow he’s one of those lucky people in this world.

 

Daehyun walks to his locker. He’s going to put his previous textbooks lesson and get the next textbooks. His eyes landed on a familiar figure, Yoo Youngjae. When Daehyun makes an eye contact with the latter, Youngjae quickly breaks it and look into another direction.

Daehyun knows right Youngjae was looking at him, but, he doesn’t have any courage to ask if that really so. He turns his key and opens the locker.

Sometime, he throws his glance to Youngjae’s direction, and still find the younger male at the direction. He wonders, why he doesn’t go somewhere? Is he waiting for someone?

Daehyun is getting curious. Should he ask Youngjae? He nods at his own question. In his heart, he feels happy. He gets so many opportunities to talk with the younger male today. He obviously will mark today as his special day. The day when I talked with Youngjae more than one time. Ah, sound perfect in Daehyun’s opinion.

“Hey, you’re… fighting someone?” He asked. Oh. Damn, his tongue. He was too nervous and misspells word ‘waiting’ to ‘fighting’. Youngjae gives him a weird look. Daehyun scratches back of his head before quickly apologize. “S-S-Sorry I mean waiting.” Daehyun fixed his sentence.

 

Youngjae can’t help but giggle quietly. Daehyun is really cute, in Youngjae’s opinion. How could he misspell word? If he has to be honest, yes, he was waiting someone. He was waiting Daehyun to come and greet him like this.

“I was waiting.” Youngjae answered. He surprised. He can answer it calmly. Maybe, it because Daehyun suddenly did something funny which made him giggled. He somehow feels a bit relax and comfortable to talk with the latter. “Um, you don’t go to the cafeteria or something?”

 

Daehyun stunned there before could answer Youngjae. His giggling sound was sound so perfect in Daehyun’s ears. He cannot help but smile slightly. Even he did a stupid thing, at least he managed to make the other smiles, even chuckles like that.

“Was waiting? So you’re not waiting anymore right now?” Daehyun asked, and the addressed man nodded. Daehyun scratches back of his head again, not feeling sure with what he’s going to say to Youngjae. “Um, if that so…” His mind flies away to a light blue envelope. It was a love letter for Youngjae.

Should he…?

 

“Person that I was waiting for is already here.” Youngjae answered. His world stops for second. What did he say? He covers his mouth slightly, so it won’t look so obvious. Daehyun might don’t hear him. God, how if Daehyun heard him and thought Youngjae was referring ‘Daehyun’ with ‘that person’.

Youngjae doesn’t have any courage to do or say something to Daehyun, but he has enough to leave. “I have to go, I…” He stuttered slightly and turns back away.

 

“No.” Daehyun takes a hold on Youngjae’s wrist. There’s no one else but Daehyun who came to hallway. And Youngjae said he was waiting someone. If that person is already here while Daehyun is here too, so…

“You’re waiting for m-me?” Daehyun asked. He gathers his courage again to ask this. Because, it will be so embarrassing if Youngjae answers No.

 

Youngjae can’t help but nodded a little. He blushes hard, tries to hides his blushing face. “I, m-mean, I… u-um, I…” He cannot even managed to say something understandable. So, he just shut his mouth instead.

 

Daehyun smiles slightly. He takes a deep breath and hands Youngjae that light blue envelope. “Read it.”

 

Youngjae obeyed and took that envelope, read it.

His eyes widening slightly and blushes harder. Daehyun confesses his feeling through that paper. He bites his lips, cannot even process a word to get released from his throat. He sure wants to say or do something, but over-flowing happiness doesn’t let him do something but stunned there.

 

The older male takes a deep breath again, he gathers all of his courage. It’s now or never, Jung Daehyun. He said to himself, looks Youngjae straight in his eyes.

“I Love you, Yoo Youngjae. Would you be mine?”