Lists

Lists - Myungsoo

Waking up to the soft light outside, Myungsoo rolled over in his bed as his hand hit a book on your side of the bed. Opening his eyes, he sat up leaning on his arm as he pulled the book closer to him. Looking at the worn corners and the untitled book, flipping open the book, the pages were filled with your handwriting. Skimming your words and following the curvature of your letter made him smile as he leaned against the headboard as he raised his knees and read through the pages.

A small, folded paper fell from the future pages, picking up the paper, he saw the faint writings on the other side as he unfolded the paper carefully. At the top it was labeled Requirements. Looking at the page as a whole, it was a list as he saw for him and for me.

For Him

- Makes me smile
- Makes me laugh
- Good looking
- Hard worker
- Helps me without asked
- Welcomes me with open arms
- Makes me feel loved and wanted
- Sees me (makes me not invisible)
- Listens to me

The list went on as you added your personal favorites and your wants and needed fro your future boyfriend/ husband. Looking down to the for me he read your unique handwriting.

For Me

- Be Myself.

That was all that was written. Myungsoo looked through the pages after the one that he was on, but there was no writing or explanation beyond the two words that you wanted to become.

Folding up the paper, he slid it back into the book and set it back where he found it as he got out of bed and walked to the living room as the list seemed to roll through his head endlessly.

Hours later, he had made up his mind as he hardly moved from the spot on the couch. The door clicked open as you came through the door with your arms full of bags from the grocery store. Myungsoo leaped from the couch and moved to you grabbing some bags to lessen your load.

"Thank you." You brought the rest of the bags into the kitchen as he nodded and headed back out to the car to get the rest. Starting to put things away in their rightful place, Myungsoo came back and put the rest of the groceries on the counter.

”________?” Myungsoo asked as he wadded up the plastic bags and put them below the sink.

"Yes?" You put more food into the fridge then looked at him.

"Are you happy?" He asked as he leaned against the counter.

"Yes, I am when I am with you." You said as you watched him bob his head up and down and fold his arms across himself.

"What is that book that was on the bed?" Myungsoo asked as he watched your reactions. You got stiff as you closed your eyes and let out  your breath slowly.

"My Journal" You turned to him, "You didn’t read it did you?" His head dropped as he let out a nervous chuckle and looked off into the distance biting his lips gently.

"What did you read?" You asked as you closed the fridge.

"E-Everything" Myungsoo said quietly as he rubbed the back of his neck and looked at you worried.

"You look scared? Why?" You asked as you stood in front of him.

"I saw your list." Myungsoo’s eyes dropped to your hands that wrote the beautiful words.

"Oh" Is all you said as you nodded and blushed a little as a smile curled onto your lips.

"I thought you would be mad that I read it." Myungsoo said as he moved from you and put some more things away for you.

"Not at all, I made that list after I met you." You sat on the island as you handed him some things to put away.

"No, you didn’t I am not half of that list." Myungsoo walked back and picked up a couple more items before returning them to their new places.

"You are everything on that list." You smiled as you handed him the next item, not letting go easily, you fought back playfully.

"I am not." Myungsoo said as you finally let go. Biting your lip gently, shaking your head gently you smirked at him as the groceries were all put away. Slipping from the counter, you wrapped your arms around him as you held on tightly.

"You are, and I am not letting you until you believe that you are that whole list and more." You said as you leaned into his body with yours.

"Then you have to believe your list too." Myungsoo said as he rubbed your hands gently with his own. Nodding on his back he smiled as you both waddled to the couch together. Myungsoo moved you to his lap as you rested your forehead against his.

"You are more than words, Myungsoo." Your eyes tried to convince him.

"So are you." Myungsoo’s sweet eyes looked up at you, "To me, you finished your list." He pecked your lips as you shook your head with a pout.

"You are my list." You fought back as he tickled your sides and you fell down on the couch as he tickled your mercilessly. Trying to push his hands away, you laughed without end as your sides hurt and you couldn’t catch your breath.

"Convinced now?" He asked you as you nodded yes then attacked him with your tickling fingers as you tried to get him to be convinced as well.