Final

Misunderstandings

(Picture isn't mine! :DD)

This is a long one shot. O.O

SORRY! It's not that good! But anyways, enjoy? :DD

-----------------------------------------------------------

 

Yoona was on her way home from work when suddenly a heartbreaking scene caught her eye. There, in front of her, was her 5 year long boyfriend, Kyuhyun, kissing another girl. To make matters worse, the girl’s name was Im Jin-Ah a.k.a Nana. Who is she you ask? Nana is was Yoona’s best friend.  She was the girl Yoona spilled her secrets to. She was the only girl she trusted. She was Yoona’s one and only best friend.

Yoona felt like her heart was torn into pieces. Tiny pieces that no one could ever pick up. It was like someone had just stabbed her heart over and over again and left her to die slowly.

Feeling heartbroken from the scene, Yoona walked away. Yoona was wandering around the busy streets of Seoul while thinking about everything that had happened between her and Kyuhyun.

‘He promised me’ Yoona thought bitterly. ‘He told me he would never break my heart. He said he would make me happy. But why am I feeling the exact opposite right now?’ Yoona thought while tears slowly formed in her eyes.

As if the universe was taunting her, dark clouds started forming in the sky and rain started to heavily pour down; making it hard to see the tears now streaming down her face. Just when it seemed like things couldn’t get any worse, Kyuhyun’s name started flashing on her cell phone’s screen.   

Yoona hesitated. She wondered if she should actually pick up her boyfriend’s ex boyfriend’s call. Seeing that Kyuhyun wouldn’t give up after the 5th ring, she finally answered his call.

“Yoboseyo?” Yoona said while trying not to break down.

“Yoong? Finally, you picked up! Where are you? Why aren’t you home yet? Why haven’t you been answering my calls? Do you know how worried I am?! Come home now! Where are you? I’ll pick you up. Tell me where you are” Kyuhyun said worriedly.

“Are you home?” Yoona asked.

“Of course I am. Where else would I be? Now tell me where you are so I can pick you up.” Kyuhyun replied.

“There’s no need to pick me up. I’m on my way home now. Bye.” Yoona hung up.

 

-------

As soon as Yoona stepped in their apartment, she was bombarded with questions and was pulled into a tight, warm embrace.

“What took you so long?! You’re drenched! Go to the bathroom and wash up then change your clothes. You might get a cold if you don’t. Why didn’t you buy an umbrella or stay in a café?! Why didn’t you let me pick you up instead? What happened?”  Kyuhyun asked worriedly while Yoona just stood there; saying nothing.

Yoona then gently pried Kyuhyun’s arms away from her and looked at his brown eyes; those brown chocolate eyes that she first fell in love with.

‘This is all an act’ Yoona thought. ‘He doesn’t love me. If he loved me, he wouldn’t have cheated on me. If he loved me, he wouldn’t go around kissing other girls. If he loved me, he would’ve stayed faithful. If he cared about me, he wouldn’t break my heart this way. This is all just an act.’ Yoona said in her mind.

“Yoong-ah? What’s wrong? Why aren’t you saying anything?” Kyuhyun softly asked.

“Why? Why did you do this to me?” Yoona asked with a shaky voice. Kyuhyun just looked at Yoona with confusion written all over his face. He didn’t know what he did. ‘Did I do something to upset her?’ Kyuhyun thought with a frown evident on his face.

Seeing that Kyuhyun was too slow for his own good to understand what he did wrong, Yoona decided to just directly ask him the question she’s been wanting to ask for the past 5 minutes.

“Why did you cheat on me?” Yoona said with a low voice. Tears were quickly forming at the brim of her eyes. ‘No. I can’t cry now. I have to be strong. I can’t look weak in front of him.’ Yoona thought.

“I- i- i..” Kyuhyun was at a loss for words. ‘Did I hear wrong? Why would I cheat on her? Unless… She found out about the kiss? But that’s impossible! She was at work. Was she there? And I didn’t even kiss her. She kissed me. Oh no, this is bad. She might’ve misunderstood the situation. Should i-“ Kyuhyun was cut off from his thoughts when Yoona repeated her question.

“I’m just going to repeat this once, Kyu. Why.  Did. You. Cheat. On. Me?  Was I not good enough for you? Did you get sick of me? Did I do something wrong? Tell me, Kyu. I need to know. That day, when you asked me to be your girlfriend, did you ask me because you felt pity for me? Did you feel sorry for me? You know, it wouldn’t hurt me this much if you just told me you didn’t love me anymore. But the fact that I had caught you kissing Nana, just makes it even worse. Why didn’t you tell me, Kyu? WHY?” By the time Yoona was finished with her speech, tears were now falling down her face like a waterfall.

“Yoong, wait! You don’t understand. I love you, I really do. What you saw wasn’t true. You’ve got it all wrong! She kissed me and I pushed her away! Please, believe me. I didn’t kiss her back! I pushed her away and walked away after that. You’re the only one I see, Yoong. Let me explain what really happened, -“ Yoona cut Kyuhyun off.

“Stop lying to me! I don’t want to hear it! I don’t want to hear your lies anymore. I’m tired of it. How many more lies are you going to tell me, Kyuhyun? I just want to know why you would cheat on me! Why are you making this so hard on me? Haven’t you hurt me enough? Can you just please tell me why you cheated on me? I want to know what I did wrong.” Yoona pleaded. She wanted to know. She wanted to know why Kyuhyun would cheat on her. One part of Yoona wants to ignore the reason and just break up with him but another part of her wants to know why he did it. Why he cheated on her. Yoona knows it would just hurt her even more but she needed to know; or else she would spend the next few months thinking on what she did wrong in their relationship.

Kyuhyun stayed silent.

“…………………………………”

Kyuhyun was thinking of ways to explain what happened. Knowing Yoona’s attitude, she was stubborn and would just interrupt Kyuhyun every time he tried to explain what happened. Everything was a misunderstanding. Kyuhyun didn’t want to lose Yoona over a stupid misunderstanding.

Flashback:

Nana and Kyuhyun were on their way to pay a surprise visit for Yoona at work when suddenly Nana stopped walking.

Kyuhyun noticed and asked Nana if anything was wrong.

“What’s wrong, Nana? Hurry up. Yoong’s almost done working. We might be late.” Kyuhyun said.

Nana just said nothing and suddenly threw herself onto Kyhyun and kissed him.

Kyuhyun just stood there, frozen in shock. Kyuhyun finally realized what was happening and harshly shoved Nana away from him. But it was too late, Yoona had already left.

End of flashback

“Let’s break up.” Yoona said, breaking the silence. She gave up. She couldn’t stand in front of Kyuhyun anymore. She gave up on knowing the reason why he cheated on her. She was suffering from her first heartbreak and wanted to cry.  But she couldn’t cry in front of Kyuhyun. No, that would make her seem ‘weak’. She’s been standing in front of Kyuhyun for a while now, waiting for his answer. But Kyuhyun was too absorbed in his thoughts to notice.

“What?” Kyuhyun finally broke out from his thoughts and looked at her with a shocked face.

“Let’s break up.” Yoona repeated with a shaky voice.

“No. No. Don’t. Please don’t. Don’t break up with me. This was all a misunderstanding. Give me a chance to explain. I don’t want to lose you just yet. I don’t know what I’d do without you, Yoong-ah. Please, don’t leave me. Think of the promise you made me. You’ll be breaking your promise to me if you leave. Don’t leave me. Please. You’re making a mistake.” Kyuhyun begged with tears in his eyes.

 

Flashback

“Yoong-ah?” Kyuhyun asked out of nowhere.

“Hmm?” Yoona replied.

“Promise me something.”

“What?” Yoona curiously asked.

“Promise me you won’t break up with me. Promise me you won’t leave me. I don’t know what I’d do without you.”

Yoona chuckled. “I promise.”

“Pinky promise?”

 “Pinky promise.”

“I love you” Kyuhyun replied while smiling brightly at Yoona.

End of flashback

“There’s no need for you to explain! I get it! I told you, I don’t want to hear your lies anymore. You broke your promise to me so it’s only fair if I break mine too. What’s the point of us being together when you already have someone else? I’m just getting in the way. So, let’s break up.” Yoona was trying her best not to break down in front of Kyuhyun.

“C-can you just leave me alone now? It would make this easier for the both of us if you left.” Yoona asked in a soft voice.

“No. I won’t leave. I will never leave you. Can’t you just let me explain what happened? Give me 5 minutes and I’ll tell you everything. You’re making a mistake, Yoong. Please.” Kyuhyun desperately pleaded with tears in his eyes. ‘You can’t break up with me, Yoong. I love you too much. I should’ve pushed Nana away the moment she kissed me. I’m such an idiot’ Kyuhyun cursed himself in his mind.

“JUST LEAVE, KYUHYUN! GO! I DON’T WANT TO HEAR YOUR LIES ANYMORE. Why are you making this so hard on me?! Can’t you just leave me alone right now?! “Yoona shouted.

“Just, go. Please.” Yoona softly said. She wanted Kyuhyun to leave as soon as possible because she would break down any minute now.

“A-alright. I’ll leave n-n-now.” Kyuhyun said with a shaky voice. ‘I’m only leaving because I don’t want to see you suffer anymore.’ Kyuhyun thought.

“Bye, Yoong.” Kyuhyun said with a low voice.

“I love you.” Kyuhyun silently said.  ‘I don’t want to go. Beg me to stay. Hug me. Let me comfort you. Don’t make me leave this place.’ Kyuhyun thought in his mind.

“Bye” Yoona whispered.

Once Yoona was sure that Kyuhyun had finally left, she broke down. Yoona just sat down and cried. This was her first heartbreak. The pain was too much for Yoona to handle. Yoona couldn’t stop crying. That night, she cried herself to sleep.

 

Two months later…..

Yoona was walking aimlessly around the streets of Seoul; admiring the view in front her eyes. When suddenly, she bumped into someone; making her drop her phone in the process.

“Ah! I’m so sorry! I wasn’t looking! Are you okay?” The guy she bumped into said. “Here. Let me help you up.”

“N-no. It’s okay. I’m fine.” Yoona said as she dusted the dust off her skirt.

“YOONG?!”

Yoona looked at the person who shouted her name.

‘Kyuhyun?! What is he doing here?! Oh no. This is not good.’ Yoona panicked inside her head.

“Yoong?!  IS THAT REALLY YOU?” Kyuhyun asked in a shocked state. “What are you doing here? How are you doing? I haven’t seen you in a while.” Kyuhyun said.

“O-oh? I’m doing great! How about you?” Yoona replied nervously. ‘Stupid heart. Stop beating so loudly!’

“I’m doing great too! Listen, it’s been a while since we’ve seen each other. Are you free right now?”

Yoona was contemplating whether she should go or not. It could be awkward. She wasn’t over Kyuhyun yet. But he didn’t need to know that.

“I-I’m not sure if that’s a good idea, Kyuhyun” Yoona replied.

“Aww, come on! I’ll buy you bubble tea! It’ll be like old times. Think of it as an apology for bumping into you earlier.”

“I-I’m still not sure-“ Yoona was cut off by Kyuhyun.

“Pleaase?” Kyuhyun pleaded with his puppy dog eyes.

“Fine.” Yoona gave in. ‘Curse those adorable eyes.’

“Yay! Let’s go!” Kyuhyun cheered.

Kyuhyun and Yoona were awkwardly walking beside each other. As soon as they spotted the café, they both let out a sigh of relief. They were both thankful that the awkward moment was over.

After they both got their orders, they looked for a booth and sat down.

“So, listen. Yoong, you never gave me a chance to explain what happened last time and I really want you to know what happened that day. Will you let me explain what happened now?” Kyuhyun asked while sipping on his bubble tea.

“Does it matter? It’s all in the past now.” Yoona replied. ‘Why does he have to bring that up?’ Yoona thought.

“Yes. It does. It matters to me. The truth is, I still love you. Yoong, I never stopped loving you. I tried my best to forget you but you were on my mind all day. No matter how hard I tried, you just wouldn’t get off my mind. The moment I left your apartment that day, I felt so bad. I didn’t want to leave it that way. I wanted you to hear me out but I never got the chance to. And now that I’ve met you again, will you give me the chance to explain? ” Kyuhyun sincerely said.

Yoona was speechless. ‘He-he-he still loves me? Am I dreaming? Somebody pinch me. He loves me?’

“I’ll take your silence as a yes. Okay, so here’s what happened that day” Kyuhyun said as he set his bubble tea down.

-Flashback-

Nana and Kyuhyun were on their way to pay a surprise visit for Yoona at work when suddenly Nana stopped walking.

Kyuhyun noticed and asked Nana if anything was wrong.

“What’s wrong, Nana? Hurry up. Yoona’s almost done working. We might be late.” Kyuhyun said.

Nana just said nothing and suddenly threw herself onto Kyhyun and kissed him.

Kyuhyun just stood there, frozen in shock. Kyuhyun finally realized what was happening and harshly shoved Nana away from him. But it was too late, Yoona had already left.

-end of flashback-

 

“So that’s what happened. Please believe me. I never felt anything towards Nana. I pushed her away after she kissed me. I was just shocked. You are the only one I see. You don’t know how hard it was for me to cope with the break up. You should’ve seen me, I was a wreck. All I did was think of you all the time. I couldn’t sleep, I couldn’t eat. Everything I did reminded me of you. I was so heartbroken that time.” Kyuhyun explained.

“Now that I’ve explained everything, will you give me a second chance?” Kyuhyun asked with hope in his eyes.

Yoona looked at him to see if he was lying, but his eyes were filled with sincerity. Yoona felt guilty. ‘So he didn’t kiss her. Nana did. Aish! I’m such an idiot! If I just let him explain what happened back then, none of this would’ve happened. We woudn’t have broken up. But noo, I just had to be stubborn and broke up with him without letting him say a thing. Argh! Stupid Yoona. Pabo, pabo!’ Yoona silently cursed herself in her head.

“Yoong?” Kyuhyun called.

Yoona was too busy cursing herself that she didn’t even hear Kyuhyun call her name.

“Yoong-ah?” Kyuhun tried again

(sound of crickets chirping) …………..

“You know what, forget what I said. Sorry. You probably moved on by now. So, anything interesting happened lately?” Kyuhyun asked, trying to change the topic.

“Huh? W-what?” Yoona said as she finally snapped out of her thoughts.

“I said, anything interesting happened lately?” Kyuhyun repeated.

“Uhhh. Nope. Nothing.” Yoona replied. Kyuhyun just nodded while sipping his bubble tea.

Awkwardness filled the air for about 8 minutes until Yoona couldn’t take it anymore and decided to break it.

 

“Listen, Kyu. I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have jumped into conclusions like that. I should’ve trusted you and listened to you. If I did, we wouldn’t have broken up. I’m sorry. The truth is I still love you. I never stopped loving you. Now that I think about it, I didn’t take the break up pretty well either. I cried myself to sleep every night. I still love you, Kyu. I’m sorry for making you go through all the pain. I’m so sorry.” Yoona sincerely apologized.

Kyuhyun just sat there with shock written all over his face. ‘Did she just say she loves me?’ Kyuhyun thought.

Then, Kyuhyun suddenly broke into a wide grin. ‘She loves me! She loves me! She looooves me!’ Kyuhyun thought happily.

“Kyuhyun?” Yoona called with concern in her voice. Kyuhyun was smiling like a madman and it started to freak her out a bit.

“You love me?” Kyuhun asked while smiling to himself.

Yoona blushed. ‘Seriously. That’s all he heard?!’

“Yes.” Yoona shyly replied. “Will you forgive me?”

“You really love me?” Kyuhyun asked again.

“Yes.” Yoona replied.

“Really??” Kyuhyun asked once again.

“Yes.”

“You really really do?”

Yoona was starting to get annoyed. She just apologized and told everything while he just kept asking if she loved him.

“Is that all you heard?” Yoona asked with annoyance clear in her tone.

“No. But I’m going to focus on the ‘you love me’ part. Say it again! I still love you, Kyu. Go. Say it!” Kyuhyun said while smiling that adorable grin of his.

“No.”

“Aw, come on!” Kyuhyun pouted.

“No! I just apologized to you and that’s all you care about.” Yoona huffed.

“Okay. I’m sorry. You’re forgiven. Honestly, I forgave you a long time go. And come on, who wouldn’t be happy if the most beautiful girl in the world just confessed to them?” Kyuhyun teased.

“Sh-sh-shut up!” Yoona’s was as red as a tomato. “And I did NOT confess to you!”

“Yes you did.” Kyuhyun said as he stuck his tongue out.

“By the way, I have to ask you something” Kyuhyun said as he suddenly turned serious.

“What?” Yoona asked while sipping on her bubble tea.

Kyuhyun reached over the table and held Yoona’s hand.

“Will you be mine again?” Kyuhyun asked while looking deeply into her eyes.

“Yes.” Yoona smiled.

Kyuhyun goofily smiled and kissed her.

“I love you.” Kyuhyun told Yoona.

“I love you too.” Yoona replied.

 

 

THE END.