Fin

Tell Me

 

“Daehyunnie,” Youngjae called him.

“What?”

“I’ve been thinking.”

“Thinking about what?”

“…Nothing.” He shook his head and walks away.

 

 

It happened almost every day. Daehyun always get confused with the younger. He’s sure that the younger wants to tell him something important but somehow he looks like can’t say it to Daehyun. He’s weird. How long does Youngjae think two of them being best friend? Even though Youngjae doesn’t say anything, Daehyun will know right away that’s something wrong.

 

But the problem, Daehyun doesn’t know what’s wrong with him.

 

He was different and Daehyun realizes it also. Youngjae was cheerful and likes to try everything as long as Daehyun pays his attention to Youngjae. They have been together since they were in kindergarten. When they were younger, Youngjae always tell Daehyun if there’s something wrong. Daehyun knows that Youngjae was having problem, and asked if he’s alright. After that, Youngjae will tell the whole story to Daehyun.

 

When they were in kindergarten, Smile never leaves Youngjae’s face. He’s always smiling in front of the other. This is the first day Daehyun met Youngjae. He was curious what’s wrong with this smiling boy. Even though Daehyun was still in kindergarten, He thinks it’s not normal for people who always smiling. Life isn’t that easy. But then he thought he was just over-thinking. They’re still a child and don’t understand about real life is.

 

But somehow Daehyun guessed the right thing. He spotted a sobbing boy under a table when everyone is gone playing in playground. Daehyun was going back to take his water bottle. He looked under the table and saw that familiar boy. His frown quickly fades away and replaced with a smile once Daehyun saw him.

 

 

“You okay?” Daehyun asked.

He nodded slowly.

“Don’t lie.” Daehyun said again.

He shakes his head, “I’m not lying.” He told.

“Tell me, what’s wrong?” Daehyun asked.

The boy sniffed. “I… I was playing w-with the b-block… t-then s-suddenly J-Junhong took it from me… I… I said I’m s-still playing with it and he cried… I said we can play together but he didn’t want to… and his friend, Jongup, scolded me and told the teacher that I didn’t want to share…” He explained. “I was just started playing with it… Himchan took it away from me for awhile before.”

Daehyun sighs and pats the younger’s back. “Why don’t you tell the teacher that wasn’t your fault? You just played with it, right?”

He shakes his head again, “I-If I do it, how if they got scolded, and they will mad at me because I was the one who told the teacher?” He asked.

Daehyun blinks. Daehyun doesn’t even think that way. Daehyun thinks it’s okay to tell teacher if the actual story it was like this boy said before. But look like this boy was stubborn. He might won’t let Daehyun tells the teacher also. “Don’t cry then. You have the point. You have nothing to be cried about. I’ll play with you, okay?” I smiled.

He wiped away his tears and grins, “R-Really? You’re going to play with me?” He asked.

Daehyun wonders why this kid looks so excited when he said so, “You look so excited.” He chuckled lightly.

“Because there’s no one ever asked me to play with them. I’ll always be the one who asked them first!” He grinned and hugged Daehyun’s arm. “I’m Yoo Youngjae.” He said.

Daehyun stares at this boy awhile before opened his mouth. He doesn’t even believe this smiling boy never been asked to play with. Daehyun sighs and ruffles Youngjae’s hair, “I’m Jung Daehyun.”

 

 

Daehyun smiles slightly as he remembered about how two of them know each other. He stares at the younger male who is sitting on the couch, playing with his hand phone. Daehyun walks toward Youngjae and sits beside him. Daehyun doesn’t want to interrupt so he just peeks what Youngjae is doing. As expected, the younger plays subway surfer on his phone. Maybe he’s trying to beat Daehyun’s record.

 

He’s always like this when it comes to game. He likes to play games and Daehyun knows it so well. When they were in Junior High School, Sometime Youngjae asked Daehyun to spend weekend sleeping over at his house just because he needs help to complete his video game!

 

When Youngjae stressed, he played game. But it’s a bit different when he plays for fun and plays to relief stress. When he plays for fun, he’ll sit comfortably with back leaning on the sofa. But, when he plays to relief stress, his face would look so scary and he’ll blabber if he lost.

 

 

“Finally!” He grins in victory after he finished the video game that he told Daehyun he was trying to finish this for about three weeks.

“Look, You just need the master of the game.” Daehyun proudly said and sit on Youngjae’s bed.

“Whatever. I’m still having more skill than you, you know? Just because this game was new, and I suddenly got gamers-block.” He somehow invented a word that might be only Daehyun and him who understand. “Now I can sleep peacefully.” He threw himself on the bed.

Daehyun lied beside him and slides into the blanket. “I blame you to make me feel sleepy this early.” The older male took a glance to a clock which was attached on the wall. It’s pointing at nine.

Youngjae chuckles and slides himself into the blanket also. That moment, Daehyun could feel his body was getting warmer and warmer. The younger lays on his side, facing Daehyun. “I’m thanking you for make my life a bit more peaceful. Well, you know, I can’t live in a peace life if I can’t complete that game.” He frowned slightly, but then replaced with a smile.

Daehyun’s body feels like move by itself. He found himself facing Youngjae. “You’re lucky to have someone like me in your life.” Daehyun jokingly said. He only means about Youngjae should feels lucky that his best friend, Jung Daehyun mastered the game and can make Youngjae’s life more ‘peaceful’.

“What could that mean?” Youngjae asked, he snuggles closer to Daehyun.

Daehyun doesn’t comment much, that night was cold, anyway. But somehow his body feels so warm. “I mean like, you have me to make your life more peaceful with completing your video games.” He nodded.

Youngjae pouts slightly and rounds his arms around Daehyun’s body. He snuggles even closer and buries his face onto Daehyun’s chest.

Daehyun could feel his heart might jump from the ribcage. “Y-Youngjae…” He stuttered.

“Shut up. It’s too cold. I can’t handle it.” He mumbled.

Daehyun sighs and puts his chin on top of Youngjae’s head while his arms are around Youngjae’s waist. “Yeah, it’s cold.” He lied. He knows he can’t lie on himself. He feels warmness around his body, especially the part that touches Youngjae and touched by Youngjae.

 

 

He still in silent, watching the younger male playing with whatever he has in his phone. He was changing lately. Whenever Daehyun touched him, he’ll flinch. They never sleep together like they used to be while Junior High School.

 

They’re in their freshmen phase in high school right now. They still talk to each other. They’re still close. They’re still best friend. But, Daehyun knows, something change.

 

No skinship between them. While in fact, Daehyun loves their skinship.

 

No, Daehyun loves the person more.

 

Youngjae, he might fell in love with someone else, so he doesn’t want to do anymore skinship with Daehyun. He thought so. If that was the problem, why don’t he tell everything to Daehyun like they used to be?

 

Tell me something, Youngjae-ah. Why you look like don’t believe me anymore? Daehyun thought so.

 

Daehyun doesn’t understand if Youngjae just keeps on silent. Daehyun will never understand what Youngjae wants. If he fell in love with someone, just say it. Let me know something. Daehyun begged in his own mind.

 

Daehyun still remember, Youngjae never has doubt on him. Well, it’s a long time ago but at least Youngjae doesn’t have any doubt. When they were in elementary school, Youngjae even told Daehyun when he fell in love with someone, and when his heart broke while he sees that boy fell in love with someone else.

 

 

Youngjae sobs while he hugs Daehyun so tight. “D-Daehyunnie…” He sobbed.

Daehyun’s hand makes it way to Youngjae’s hair gently, “What happened, Youngjae?” He asked.

The younger sniffs before he finally answered Daehyun. “I-It was a-about Yongguk…” He said. Daehyun feels his heart shattered slightly when Youngjae mentions Yongguk’s name. Daehyun doesn’t know why he feels that way. “He told me he likes Himchan…”  He said.

Daehyun widens his eyes. He knows, Yongguk and Youngjae were close lately. Daehyun ever assumed that Yongguk might likes Youngjae back, but, no. “Just forget him.” Daehyun suddenly said.

“W-What?” Youngjae looked up at Daehyun.

“Love is something to make you happy, not make you sad like this.” Daehyun hissed. “You still have me. I mean, We can always play together. I’ll never make you sad like he did, at least.” He said.

Youngjae smiles and pecks Daehyun’s cheek softly, “You really are my best friend ever.” He said.

 

 

Daehyun knows he should have a talk with Youngjae. So, he’ll know what exactly happened with this boy. This was started from their Junior year in high school. He can’t help but think about this a lot.

 

Just because this thing, Daehyun sometime cannot sleep peacefully.

 

Youngjae-ah, If I was the one who brings peaceful to your sleep, why don’t you be the one for me also? Daehyun thought so again before took his last glance at Youngjae, and finally open his mouth.

 

“Youngjae.” He called.

 

“Hm?” Youngjae hummed in response. He quickly paused his game.

 

“I’ve been thinking.”

 

“Thinking about what?” He asked.

 

I sigh. “Your weird attitude,” I finally said.

 

“O…Oh.” He looked down and blushed slightly. What could that blush mean?

 

“We’re already being friend for about more than five years.” Daehyun said. “Do you think I don’t know there’s something wrong with you?” He asked.

 

“I’m sorry.” Youngjae looked down.

 

“You realized in your own, right?”

 

He nodded.

 

“Then tell me. Why? Did I do wrong?” He asked.

 

He shook his head, “You didn’t do wrong.”

 

“You said I’m bringing peace into your sleep because I able to finished your video games.” Daehyun said. “But now, you don’t even let me sleep in peace because I’m thinking about this.”

 

“I’m sorry.” Youngjae said again. His eyes were teary.

 

Daehyun makes his own way to hug him tight. “Why don’t you tell me what’s wrong? Don’t you even believe me again?”

 

“You’re the only one I believe the most in this world, Daehyunnie.” He sniffed. “I just… I just… I just can’t stand another skinship. I can’t… I just…” He stuttered.

 

“Why? You love someone else, so you don’t want him or her see we’re being touchy?” Daehyun asked.

 

Youngjae shook his head.

 

“So why?” Daehyun looked down at him, Youngjae looks back. Their eyes met. My world stops. Those beautiful eyes.

 

Daehyun feels his lips meet Youngjae’s. He can’t help but kisses Youngjae back, until he pulls it off.

 

“My heart beats so fast whenever I touch you or you touch me.” He explained.

 

Daehyun still stunned there.

 

“I’m in love with you, Daehyunnie.”