D-30

Only You

It won't be long now to the wedding day. Time seems to have past so much faster now for the past few months. It's hard to believe what's happening. I sit quietly in the comfort of my own bed, drapped by my blankets and cushioned by my pillows. I pull my legs in and wrap my arms around them, enclosing myself. I dropped my head down and let the tears flow.

I don't want to get married to a stranger.

"_____, are you ready? We'll be late for your dress fitting" my mother called for me through the door.

She knocks a few more times before telling me I have only a few more minutes to get ready. I raised my head and looked out the window. The sun was shining so brightly over the city landscape. I got out of bed and stood by the window, letting the sun's rays gently warm my body. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. I opened them once more and looked at the photo of my late father.

"You wouldn't have let this happen if you were here right papa" I whispered, trying to bring some comfort to myself.

-

"I think this one is perfect. It compliments your beautiful figure" Jun, my husband-to-be, chirped brightly upon seeing me in the strapless wedding dress embalished with sparkling sequins and had a flowing train.

I do agree that the dress was stunning. It reminded me of a mermaid the way the dress hugged snuggly to my torso and thighs and flaring out from the knee down. As beautiful as it was, I just felt so much sadness.

I don't want to get married to a stranger.

"Try to at least smile a little now" my mother snapped at me as she fixed my hair.

"I've already done so much for you and your husband. Stop asking for more" I retorted.

I threw spiteful glare at her. My mother's expression became tensed.

"That's enough. I'm getting uncomfortable. I'm going to change out of this." I spoke with authority.

I may have been sold away, but I'm still my own person. I pushed away all the busy hands that were fixing the dress and stomped into the changing room in the most unlady like fashion I could think of.

"Feisty isn't she" Jun calmly commented with a smirk.

"She's still young. She'll tone down soon enough" my mother was quick to come up with an excuse.

"It's perfect actually. I like feisty. She's perfect, all of her. Perfect" Jun continued and his smirk grew even wider and more mischevious.

-

"_____, close the cashier for me will ya? Let the other kids handle the floor" Uncle Chan requested.

I rushed over to the cashier and took over him, leaving the Dari and Mika to clean up the cafe floor. Uncle Chan stayed next to me, sorting out the countless amount of paperwork and bills. I could sense his eyes would glance upon me once every few moments.

"Spit it old man" I said finally. Uncle Chan sighed heavily and pushed the papers aside.

"Why are you torturing yourself like this? I mean, there's still time for you to back out" Uncle Chan lamented.

I knew what he was referring to. The wedding.

"Yeah, I'll back out. Then I'll put my family into bankruptcy and bring endless shame to their names" I replied in a 'as a matter of fact' tone.

"It hurts to see you like this _____. You hardly smile, you don't joke anymore. You're like a walking dead now" I could hear so much sadness in his voice as he spoke.

I looked up to him and tried to muster up a smile. I threw my arms around his neck and hugged him tightly.

"I'll be fine old man" I could feel tears slowly pouring down.

Uncle Chan hugged me tightly, making me feel safe, just like how my father's hugs.

-

I sat on the swing and gently rocked myself back and forth as I listened to B2ST's Fiction on my iPod. The words didn't matter to me, but the melody soothed my worried heart. And hearing his husky voice singing sent warm tingling sensation throughout my body. I looked up at the stars and recall of the times I'd spend with him here stargazing while talking about our futures, how beautiful our wedding would be.

I want to be married to him.

My swing came to a halt and a shadow loomed over me. I was instantly snapped back to reality and jumped out of the swing. I ran a few steps away and hurriedly took out a pepper spray as I turned and stood in a one of those defensive positions I'd seen before in mangas. A silhouette of a well built man stood behind the swing laughing.

"I have a pepper spray and I'll spray this all over you if you try anything funny" I shouted as bravely as I could.

"Please don't. I don't want to go blind. I'd like to still see your beautiful eyes and smile" the man finally spoke.

He walked a few steps forward and his face was finally lit by the streetlights. My tense body calmed and I fell to my knees. Seeing that charming eyes folded into what seem like crescents as he smiles never failed to make my heart feel as if it'd stopped beating.

"It's you... Kiki~"

I got up my feet and ran to him to dive in for a hug. Our laughter echoed through the park. I looked up to him and gazed into his eyes, innoccent like a deer's. I could feel my cheeks slowly flushing up a shade of red.

"You're blushing!" Gikwang laughed heartily.

"Shut up!" I punched him straight in the chest and faced away from him, hiding my blushing red face.

I could hear him letting out fake coughs and gasping for air. I looked over and saw him lying on the ground with arms spread wide and a leg raised up, twitching every few seconds.

"Done playing dead already mister?" I asked as seriously as I could, trying to hold back my laughter.

"K... K... Kiss!" he answers as if making his last few words before he dies. I can't help but burst out laughing.

"S... Save me... K... Kiss...sss" I sat next to him an leaned in.

"Come back to life with my kiss my dear Prince" I whispered seductively.

My lips hovered above his, teasing him with the warmth of my breath. I could see his eyes growing eager for the touch. My hand which rested above his heart could feel it beating fast and hard as if it was about to explode out of his sculpted chest.

I landed my lips softly to his. The kiss tasted sweet as always. I bit softly on his lower lip as I pulled back. It was so thick and moist I can't help but take a small bite. He let out a soft moan and I released him.

"Feeling better?" I asked chuckling.

"Yeah. Let's walk home now shall we?" he flashed his beautiful smile.

He sat and leaned in close to me. He gave me a peck to my nose before standing up and extending a hand to me to help me up.

-

Our fingers intertwined with each other as we walked down the street. I held onto his biceps with me other hand and leaned my head against his rounded shoulders. I wanted to be as close to him as much as possible when we're together. It's only during these moments my heart is at ease, my sadness washed away and I feel as if my life have been revived once more from dying existence.

"We're almost there. Lets take a seat at the bus stop first" he suggested. I nodded silently.

Even when we were seated, I wouldn't let go of his hand. The warmth from his hand kept mine warm. His thumb would rub against my skin sending tingling sensations to that one spot. He started to tell me how his day had went with the endless schedules and how the other boys had made fun of him. He spoke so comfortably and full of enthusiasm, going from one scenario to another. Gikwang's eyes glowed with so much life. I can't help but wonder, what happens once we're apart.

"Err, _____? Hello..." Gikwang waves a hand in front of my face.

I came back to reality and quickly smiled in place of dazed look.

"You weren't listening huh?" he said with much disappointment in his voice.

"Of course I was listening dummy. You were telling me about... Err... How Seobbie beat you at arm wrestling right?" I tried to recall and that was the best I could come up with.

"It wasn't Yoseob... It was Dongwoon..." he corrected me. He hid his face away from me, probably hiding his sadness.

"I'm sorry Kiki. It's jus that..."

"We're running out of time..." Gikwang finished my sentence before I could.

Those words he said. 'We're running out of time'. It pierced through like a knife through my heart. I could feel tears welling up in my eyes. I bit my lower lip trying to hold it back to the best of my efforts.

"It's getting late. You should get home. We'll meet tomorrow, as usual" he didn't look at me at all.

I looked down at our hands, holding onto each other tightly. I don't want 'us' to end. We've gone through so much together. As friends and furthermore as a couple. Only God knows how much we've endured and supported each other to achieve what we've wanted. But now... How do we survive this?

I pulled my hand away and ran off. I didn't dare to look back. The thought of his face full of hurt and sadness would be as painful as having a bullet shot through me.

I couldn't help it. The insecurities within me were driving me insane. I stopped at the front gate of my hose. I clenched tightly to my heart as it ached so much. I gasped heavily as I cried uncontrollably.

I don't want us to end.