Halloween Party

Halloween
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Pumpkins alight, candles everywhere. People garbed in colourful ostentatious costumes, rubber masks, and synthetic blood or goo. Raucous laughter reverberating throughout the house. Music blaring through the large speakers beside the fireplace. Food and drinks scattered everywhere.

Yoona was losing patience. She was certain her parents would disown her once they get back from their business trip. She was confident that everything would be just fine an hour ago. Sooyoung gave her her assurance. Turns out it was all talk.

This was all Sooyoung’s idea. She’s had this planned weeks ago. She’s been raving about a halloween party all the while and none of them knew the details of this party. Only yesterday did Sooyoung beg her to let them use their house. Yoona was determined not to give in. However, upon Sunny and Hyoyeon’s prodding, she couldn’t give her dissent.

Sooyoung also had a fool-proof plan to convince Yoona. She promised that they would be the one to clean up the house and that all expenses were Sooyoung’s. Sooyoung insisted that the party was a good idea. She’s been harping about it for weeks now. She told the gang that on this night, she would get the girl.

Sooyoung had been eyeing the new transferee Tiffany for quite some time already. Just like how Yoona has had a crush on Jessica since forever. Sunny had the hots for Hyomin, Hyoyeon fancied Taeyeon, Yuri was enamored of Krystal and Seohyun just liked the sweet potatoes they’d be serving that night.

Everything began well. There were only a handful of people present and the crowd was controllable. However as the minutes trickled by, more and more people kept coming in and Yoona simply lost count how many times she’s been asking people to leave. The house was worse than a wasteland and people had no regard for property and privacy.

She slowly went around the house: stepping over people and whatever else that was on the floor, if she could still call it a floor.

The living room was in complete disarray. A couple of kids were dancing, though they already seemed drunk. Some were playing beer pong and others were chugging the drinks. A few people were running around trying to frighten other people with their freaky masks that spouted blood. Yoona only looked on in disbelief.

Where was she when this entire ruckus started? Well, we’ll have have to turn the hour hand of the clock 30 degrees counterclockwise.

Sunny’s friends promptly arrived at six p.m. sharp. The band set up their equipment and Taeyeon, the vocalist, sang a few demos while the ed their heads to the wicked tunes. Hyoyeon started popping and locking and a dance battle ensued.

A couple more people arrived and they reached for the drinks and chips. The streetdance club arrived and the dancing crowd started to thicken. The battle was heating up. Almost everyone was dancing save for a few: Yoona who was keeping things in check, Sooyoung who was busy flirting with a couple of girls, Seohyun who was busy devouring the sweet potatoes and Yuri who insisted on keeping Yoona company. Yoona highly doubted Yuri’s intentions. She knew that Yuri was simply looking out for Krystal who hadn’t arrived yet along with Jessica and Tiffany.

After a while, the scene hadn’t changed and Yoona was checking for broken décor and furniture. Fortunately, nothing yet had been broken or damaged.

At exactly nine in the evening, three girls clad in dark black witch costumes came sauntering into the house. Yoona could tell that shiny blonde hair anywhere. Jessica was in between the dark-haired Tiffany and the red-haired Krystal. Yuri immediately sprang up at the sight of the three. She hurriedly jumped across chairs and tables till she reached Krystal. She kept bugging Krystal and followed her around until the girl relented and went along with Yuri’s request.

Tiffany went in search of something Yoona had no idea of and Jessica went to see the band. Yoona trailed her eyes on the blonde and unintentionally ceased guarding the house. It was almost magnetic how she reached the dance floor, merely a meter away from Jessica. She was hesitant in her approach. That is until an unknown force pushed her, sending her crashing into the startled blonde.

Yoona had unwittingly spilled Jessica’s cup of beer into her costume causing the blonde to frown deeply.

“I am so sorry. I’m sorry.” Yoona was about to wipe off the stain when the girl suddenly let out a scowl on her face.

“You messed up my halloween costume.” The girl sighed deeply. Yoona looked back to see a drunken Sunny send a wink her way and she groaned in annoyance.

“I’m really sorry. My friend pushed me and… Nevermind.” Yoona suddenly uttered as she decided to bring the girl to her room for a change of clothes.

The girl surprisingly followed Yoona up the stairs and into her room.

Yoona pulled out a couple of shirts and hot pants for Jessica. She plac

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter