Final

Our Time Will Come

When the winner was announced, B.I’s mind went blank.

Team A…

Team A…

And it occurred to him, we just lost.

 

The Team A members couldn’t even celebrate their victory properly, not without looking like jerks. It was a bittersweet moment for all of the YG Artists present that day.

 

“Oh no…” She whispered as she gazed at the stage. It wasn’t only the YG Artists that were present, but also the female trainees. Jennie sat in the audience with the other trainees and their eyes were filled with tears as they watched the sorrow and heartbreak on Team B’s faces.

She saw Hanbin, trying to hold in his tears, to no avail. Her heart broke when she saw how heard B.I was trying to keep himself stable even though she knows that he just wants to let it all out.

 

The program ended and the artists went backstage. They first went to the Team A members to congratulate them on their win. It was practical, since if they went to Team B first, it would seem like a heartless move on them.

Jennie, and her members didn’t even go to the Team A members, their sole focus being the Team B boys. Entering the room, it was so quiet that you could hear a pin drop. The mood was solemn as the boys took in what just happened earlier.

As soon as the door to Team B’s room closed, Eunbi couldn’t hold her tears in. She gave a big hug to Donghyuk who was silently crying and telling him “It’s going to be alright” “Sajangnim wouldn’t disband you guys” “You were great out there” and other encouraging words. This broke the silence as the girls and the boys group hugged. This was how the YG Artists and YG himself found them.

Dara and Bom burst into tears as they hugged the Team B members, G-Dragon couldn’t hold his tears in but he comforted his old team. Minzy rubbed Jinhwan’s back as he let the tears fall freely down his face.

Tonight was a bittersweet night for everyone.

 

The artists and the trainees all headed to Teddy’s Twosome café to celebrate Team A’s win. Even though YG told them that they could opt out of it, B.I and the other members all shook their heads, saying that Team A won it fair and square, that there were no hard feelings, and that they were still hyungs they respect and want to celebrate with.

The café was closed especially for the artists. It was exclusive and was an invite only party; no other outsider was welcome. Artists, dancers, staff, trainees, and producers of YG all celebrated the success of the show. The Team B boys especially tried to enjoy, not wanting to dampen the mood. Tomorrow.

Tomorrow would be the best choice to let all their frustrations out.

 

Jennie was talking to LeeHi when she noticed that B.I was nowhere to be seen.

“Hey Hayi, have you seen Hanbin?” She asked as soon as she noticed the absence of Team B’s leader. Both girls looked around and Leehi turned back to her and shrugged. “Not really.” She said. “But I did see him go out the door toward the stairs. Maybe he’s still there.” She suggested.

Jennie looked relieved. “Thanks Hayi. I’ll go now, okay?” Leehi nodded. When Jennie left, YG’s brother-sister duo, Akdong Musician sidled up to her. “Where’s Jen going?” Chanhyuk asked.

“I’m guessing she went to find Hanbin, right?” two trainees from the upcoming girl group approached the artists. “How’d you know that, Jisoo?” Leehi said.

“It’s not really a secret that they both like each other.” Jisoo shrugged.

Soohyun snorted. “Yeah, except to them.”

The group chuckled. “Really, those two are so oblivious when it comes to each other!” Euna commented.

 

Hanbin stepped outside of the café and breathed in the cold air of Hongdae. The party was still going on in three floors (the 4th floor was private since it was Teddy’s private place, not to mention, YG, G-Dragon, Taeyang, Choice37, Bigtone and Lydia Paek were inside for a meeting). Even though he tried so hard to enjoy himself, he couldn’t.

How could you feel happy when you just lost a big battle?

 

He leaned against the railings and braved the cold. No one really knew where he was and that’s how he likes it, or so he thought.

 

“Hanbin?” A quiet voice spoke. B.I didn’t have to turn around to look to know that it was her. “Aren’t you cold?”

He shook his head no. ‘The cold helps.” was all he said.

Jennie tightened her coat and stepped next to B.I on the railing. They didn’t look at each other but Jennie knew that he was feeling cold inside.

“He won’t do that you know.” She said after a few minutes. “He’s not that cruel.”

"I know..." he replied moments later. "But you don't really know with our president."

They both heaved a sigh as they thought back to his numerous announcements concerning Jennie's group. But it's B.I's turn now. "He won't throw away talent like you, Hanbin."

He looked at her. "What about the others then?" His gaze went back to the scenery. "All of our members came from different parts of Korea. Bobby even came from the US and if YG decides to replace him, he might have to return to America." he says sadly.

She laid a hand on his shoulder. "I know how you feel about disbandment. How do you think we felt when Yuna-unnie left?"

It was quiet after that. The silence between them wasn't uncomfortable. Sometimes, you just need a little silence in your life to quiet your mind and to think about what lies ahead.

"Do you think we'll ever be able to debut?" Jennie softly asked as the wind blew tendrils of her hair.

Not looking at her, Hanbin answered a quiet, "Of course." and then he added, "Our time will come."

Jennie and Hanbin looked each other in the eye and smiled softly.

Does he know? she thought.

Will she ever know? he thought.

They both returned their sights to the busy streets of Hongdae, despite the late hour.

Unknown to the two, a group of trainees and artists were lurking behind the glass doors and were peeking behind the curtains.

 

 

 

"Seriously, these two need to confess to each other already. I'm dying here!" Jisoo groaned as they saw B.I and Jennie smile at each other then returned their eyes to the streets of Hongdae. "It's like what I see in Dramas!"

"I know what you mean." LeeHi commented. "We should do something about it."

They all looked at the moster rookie. "What do you have in mind Hayi?" Chanhyuk asked curiously.

But all they saw was the mischievous glint in the singer's eye.

 


A/N: Too much JenBin feels and I'm not even sorry. xD Apparrently, I mixed up the timeline of the previous story T^T I forgot that GD performed "Black" with Jennie sometime during September-October and WIN was filmed somewhere in May-July OTL

I loved writing LeeHi's character here. xD Also, I made posters for our TeamB boys here. You can take them out, use them however you want, but please credit me of course. If you're going to post it on tumblr, instagram, or twitter, please use these links. ^^