Meeting The Child

Fate Of Realms

“Yah! Byungjoo, over here!” a young, brown-haired boy called to his friend. They were at P.E class and were having fun playing soccer.

Because it’s near the end of December, the P.E class was held inside the school’s giant indoor sports area.

Seeing that the coast was clear, Byungjoo passed the ball to his best friend who expertly caught it and aimed for the goal.

The keeper didn’t even get the time to blink and the ball was already past him, giving the victory to Byungjoo’s team.

 

“OK class, that’s enough for today.” The teacher said. “Go get ready for your next class before you’re late!” he warned.

The students went to go change back to their school uniform.

“Wow, Byungjoo! You are quite the fast one!” Sanggyun commented. “even the school’s best runners couldn’t keep up with you.”

Byungjoo just shrugged. He didn’t actually think he was that fast.

“Maybe those so-called ‘best runners’ should start exercising some more.” he jokingly said “I ain’t that fast, to be honest.” he added

Sanggyun raised an eyebrow “Man, you don’t know how fast you are.” he exclaimed.

“Trust me, our schools professional sporters exercise for hours every day, but they’re still no match for you.” he added

“O well” Byungjoo shrugged “Let’s drop the subject for now and get ready, we don’t want to be late for Mrs. Park’s class. You know how she gets when you’re late.”

Sanggyun nodded in response “But hey” he said “At least she lectures you for the entire hour, which means we don’t have any classes. That’s a positive point.”

They both laughed at the comment.

 

Ten minutes later, both boys made it to their class on time. They took their respective seats behind each other and sighed. The last hour of the day, but the most boring one at that: Math.

 

 

Really, why do we even have Math, it’s boring as hell. Byungjoo suddenly heard. He looked around, maybe the teacher would say something about the comment.

Strangely, Mrs. Park didn’t even turn around, as if she didn’t even hear it.

“Well, this is weird.” He muttered silently. Sanggyun, who sat in the seat before him, quickly nudged him. Byungjoo looked at him questioningly.

“What is weird?” A-Tom whispered. He apparently caught his friends muttering.

“Did you hear anyone complaining about the Math classes being boring?” Byungjoo asked with furrowed brows and a serious look.

His friend shook his head and snickered “They are boring, everyone knows, so you might have just imagined that.”

Byungjoo frowned. He was sure he heard someone say that. Unfortunately no-one else seems to have heard the comment.

 

After school, Byungjoo met up with his best friend. They talked and joked for a bit.

Neither of them mentioning anything about the happenings during Math.

After that, he went home, still thinking about the weird happenings during Math.

He still couldn’t understand what happened. it was as if he was the only one that heard that comment.

When he got home, he immediately went to his room. His mom noticed something was off, but decided to let him be.

Maybe Sanggyun's right he sighed maybe I was indeed just imagining that comment.

Not long after that, he drifted off in a dreamless sleep.

 

Meanwhile in Eorath

 

The servant entered the throne room, where the queen sat, her black wings folded neatly behind her back, waiting for more info about her late sister’s son.

He bowed and said “Your Highness, we have managed to find your nephew.”

The queen’s eyes went round “Really?” she happily exclaimed “Where is he?”

“Well, Your Highness, that’s the problem.” he answered “The prince is not in this Realm, I’m afraid.”

The queen’s smile dropped “Then where is my nephew?” she asked, her violet eyes looking stern, wanting to know badly.

“He’s on Earth, Your Highness, and he doesn’t know anything.” the man warned.

“Two weeks before his sixteenth birthday, his powers will slowly awaken. That day is drawing near.” the queen muttered. Suddenly, she got an idea. “Tell Jiho I wish to talk to him.” She ordered the servant.

The man bowed and left. Not long after, a young boy, not older than twenty, entered the room. “You wanted to see me, Your Highness?” he asked.

“Yes, indeed. My search team has finally found my sister’s son” the queen started “but he is on Earth and doesn’t know a thing. That’s why I want you to go to Earth, find the prince and help him where he needs it. Not only with his powers, but with any questions he may have.”

The white-blond haired boy nodded. “I will do my best, Your Highness.” He promised.

 

 

Do you really plan on leaving? Viper asked as he saw Jiho packing some stuff.

Jiho sighed. “The prince has been found. I really want to help the queen to finally get to know her nephew.”

Viper sighed, folding his wings neatly next to his body I know that, but you’re going to be alone. the young dragon warned

“Well, that much I know.” Xero retorted “But I can’t take you with me. The humans will most certainly find it weird to have a dragon roaming around Earth.” he added

Maybe you’re right Viper admitted But when something happens, I’ll be coming. No matter what those humans may say about a Dragon in their Realm. he added

Jiho smiled. “Thanks buddy, I knew I could count on you.” he said

 

He slung his luggage over a shoulder and went out of the village.

Five minutes later he reached an old-looking cave at the foot of the mountains at the far end of the village.

It was one of the portals used for travelling between the Realms. When Jiho stood right in front of it, the portal opened.

Well, let’s hope for the best out there he thought

After one last look at the village, he left for the unknown Realm called Earth.

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi there :)

 

So I managed to get to write halfway chapter 3 for now. I don't know when the second chapter will be posted though :/

 

That's all for now. Please let me know what you thought of it so far (Even though this chapter possibly :/)

 

See you in the next chapter :)