Opposite

Strangers

 “We have just landed at Incheon International Airport in Seoul. The time there is now 9.00 am. The temperature outside is approximately  0 degree Celsius.

 

The dimmed light at the sides of the aeroplane shone and immediately after that all the passengers got up to take their hand-carry luggage. Guess everyone was excited except for one simple t-shirted guy.  He looked to his left, seeing the mother of the small girl putting a cute beige coloured wool hat on her. It didn’t really occur to him what season it’ll be in that country until now.

Eyes wandering off to the seat towards his left, laid an oversized pink blanket that the little girl used beforehand. The blanket had a picture of a bright pink rabbit wearing a flowery hat, eating a purple carrot. The tall figure decided to steal that possession of the small girl. Without her and her mother looking, he took the piece of clothing without asking its owner’s permission.

 

*****

 

“Okay, everyone, this way please!” The hyper looking tour guide instructed as she led the tourists way to the bus. Her smile was replaced by a giggle as she saw Minho approached the bus with the pink blanket covering his body. It wasn’t his fault anyways. His friends forgot to remind him to take his luggage.

As the bus left the airport, the thin looking boy came into view. He stood by the side of the street, straightening his arm out with his thumb as a sign to stop a taxi. And not long after, a gold coloured cab stopped and Taemin went straight into it.

Both the taxi and the bus went around the busy yet calming environment of Seoul.  Taemin watched in awe with his mouth open as the cab zoomed around the city. Taemin’s mouth wasn’t the only mouth wide open, Minho’s was too. However, Minho was having a different feeling compared to the younger. His was boredom. Minho didn’t even bother to close his mouth when he yawned oh so ‘gracefully’.

Taemin took photos, selcas and he wasn’t even out of the taxi yet while Minho just slept, getting his head thumped on the bus’s window for three times.

 

*****

 

The bus finally screeched to a stop.

“Alright everyone! Come down. This way please!” the tour guide’s voice was loud enough to wake our hero up.  A family was taking a photo with a cardboard girl wearing a hanbok asked the tour guide to take the photo for them.

“1… 2… 3… Say Kimchi!”

“Kimchi!!!”

*snap*

*snap*

“Kimchi!”

*snap*

Minho wrapped himself with that blanket, staring at the whole tour group who were taking photos together.

What the heck is Kimchi anyways?

Still half awake, he wandered off but was stopped by a middle aged man who asked him to do a favour. He asked Minho to take a photo of him and his wife, and the tall boy agreed. The 40’s man and his wife made a love sign around themselves using their arms, you know, the typical Korean like pose.

“Okay, are you ready? 1… 2…”

“Honey, let’s change the pose. It’s lame…” the man’s wife told.

Minho placed his hands and the camera down as he waited the couple to get ready.

“Then… Is this pose better?” The man hugged the woman from behind causing the woman to scream and giggle and say, “Ah! You’re so naughty!”

And with that, the pink blanket wrapped boy lifted his arms with the camera, ready to take the picture.

“Ready?”

“Um… You should bend your knees a little. I want to make sure the photo captures the roof too.” The woman told.

“Um… Alright then.” Minho adjusted the long blanket as he bent his knees. Just as he was about to take the photo, the husband interrupts.

“No, no. Just forget it. Stand like normal and take a half-body picture.”

Sighing mentally, the boy adjusted the blanket and forced out a smile. He got ready and said, “Okay. Half-body it is. 1 2 3!” and with that the photo was taken.

“Nice pose!” he told as he handed the camera back to the couple while the said thank you to the other. Minho happily wandered off again but the couple weren’t happy when they saw the photo.

The picture was taken the couples’ waist and below.

Well, he did say half-bodied…” Minho thought.

 

*****

 

“And now we’re at the café where they shoot coffee prince!” the cute boy exclaimed as he recorded the place with his small gold canon camera.

“This was where Ging Yoo kissed the heroin for the first time!” he moved his hand that was holding the camera towards a simple wooden table and chair as he tried to control his squeal. He then turned the camera facing his face as he mouthed ‘so romantic!’ while making kissy faces.

He continued recording all the photos of the drama’s casts on one of the wall of the café. Then he scanned around the café counter, recording and saying “Let’s see whether we can find any boy here who can act as a coffee prince.” The handsome looking waiters smiled as they brewed coffee, probably thinking that Taemin was a cute girl.

“Oh! Here comes my coffee!” he told himself as he recorded his latte which had a heart shaped crème on top.  He took one hand to hold the camera and another to hold the cup.

“Finally, I get to taste coffee from the source~” he said as he gulped down the drink but immediately spat it out.

“! ! It’s hot!”

 

*****

 

“Here in Korea, they believe that if a couple comes up to Namsan Tower and turn keys together with their locks, then throw the keys over the bridge, no one and I mean no one can keep them apart.” The tour guide informed.

Almost everyone there were snuggling up with their special someone, locking locks up and holding to their keys firmly. Everyone but yeah, you know who.

“Ready?” the guide asked out loud.

“1… 2… 3… Throw them away!!!”

“Yay!!!” the tour members shouted as they threw their keys over the bridge with gay.  Minho stared at them, then looked down at where the keys were headed.

“Won’t the keys like hit the people down there?” he asked aloud to no one in particular, making everyone there stare at him.

“Um… let’s get going to the teddy museum downstairs…” The guide broke the awkward silence. “Let’s go everyone! This way please…”

Minho just blinked innocently and followed the group.

As he left, Taemin arrived on the top floor of the tower. While on the phone, he locked up a small purple lock and grabbed hold of the keys.

“Hey! I have hooked our locks together in Namsan Tower, Kai. Yup, so that we can together forever.”  He told him through the phone and jumped as he threw the keys.

 


 

Minho and Taemin didn't really meet yet but they'll soon, I promise! I just don't like to rush things ><